Aaron ramsy broken leg

Discuss and compare your favorite players
nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 02 Mar 2010, 04:48

lol klc he hit him just below where most peoples shinguards are go re watch that tackle. The punishment i agree however should be worse as bobby mcman i believe put it "your right that wasn't a bad tackle, because it wasn't a tackle it was a scyth".

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 02 Mar 2010, 05:16

I don't want to watch that again, ever. In fact I didn't watch it the first time, each time the comentator said here comes the most horrible injury I looked away, until the highlight switched to Fabregas PK goal.

But, the dude that tackled him, obviously didn't mean that DUH. And, Capello called him up for the national team, so he'll be playing on Wednsday?(not sure, when England's next match is).. And the dude that tackled Ramsy, left the field crying..
EDIT:

Panchester, i very much doubt he will be out partying alot. Yes these 7-8 months will be tough on the player but the hardest is yet to come. The hardest point for him will be when he actually can start playing again and will realise how much damage the break down mentally and physically to his body. I wouldn't expect to see him playing premiership again for another 2 seasons. When you have a break like that your not allowed to exercise whatsoever for a whole year due to the nature of it
I also doubt he will be partying. But a thing that was being discussed is that he is still in his teens and he has distractions, what did you think when distractions was mentioned "Mario Bros"?. ahha :D

Now that I think of it. If he made it pro, he can pretty much overcome anything. If he stay focused all those years, trained that hard, sacrificed all the things he did, his family, his friends, was willing to eat properly, stay away from bad things, all those things pro players have to do, all that commitment, he can probably overcome this shorter period of time in which he has to recover... Lets face it, he's not the first player to get injured this bad, for this period of time, and not the last..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 02 Mar 2010, 17:12

As i said, he still has a chance, but it will be very difficult for him because he now will have a mental block on him, reguardless of how brave you are, suffering horrific injuries like that cause anyone to by mentally affected.

I personally had a compound fracture when i was younger by fu**ing around and jumping off a swing. To those who don't know what it means, basically, i made a second elbow on my arm half way between my proper elbow and wrist as my arm was pointing up in the complete wrong angle, and one of my bones was protruding out clearly visible with a huge open flesh wound. Not a pretty sight. Took me a very long time to recover and play sports again and i cannot feel anything along my forearm to this day as the nerve was bruised as the bone travelled outwards. Luckily i can still move my hand and feel everything, i escaped very lucky, the doctor said it was a very big possibility i would completely lose my arm and an even bigger one that if i kept it, it would never move again.

To this day, i cannot jump off swings. I don't know why, even when im not swinging high and i know i will not hurt myself, my bodies natural instinct kicks in and just says no, no amount of will power will ever change that.

So of course its going to affect the poor kids career, he might not ever be brave enough to go into a 50-50 challenge again, but footballers have acess to psychological councelling to try and help so perhaps that would make a difference.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 02 Mar 2010, 18:55

I feel really sorry for Ramsey, as I would for any player who suffered an injury like that.

I don't believe Shawcross was guilty of anything more than making a touch challenge but it wasn't reckless. The most reckless challenge of the game was by that dirty little tw** Fabregas who tried to clog Pugh (I think) near the end. However, as Pugh wasn't injured, its hardly been mentioned. However, there was more intent in that challenge than in Shawcross's tackle.

That is why you can't link a suspension to an injury. I've seen plenty of terrible tackles where the player has had nothing more than bruising. Does this mean there shouldn't be a suspension if the player doesn't miss any games? At the other end of the scale, if Ramsey had to retire, should Shawcross also have to quit football? Of course not and to suggest that would be ridiculous.

England are playing Egypt tomorrow night and I hope Shawcross gets on at some stage. He'll get a better reception than that idiot Terry !!!!

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 02 Mar 2010, 19:35

I was just on the phone to a mate offering me a ticket to go watch that tommorrow...turned him down as ive got college the next day and ive been to wembly before.

Damned overpriced pukka pies :)

I don't think that he should be given a fine in this case as his intent was clearly to win the ball. But on the flipside, i think players who do intend to foul the other team, reguardless of injury should get suspended.

Its difficult, what one person would call a dangerous challenge with bad intent may be a good firm challenge with no bad intentions to someone else.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 02 Mar 2010, 20:31

klc123 wrote:I was just on the phone to a mate offering me a ticket to go watch that tommorrow...turned him down as ive got college the next day and ive been to wembly before.

I don't think that he should be given a fine in this case as his intent was clearly to win the ball. But on the flipside, i think players who do intend to foul the other team, reguardless of injury should get suspended.

Its difficult, what one person would call a dangerous challenge with bad intent may be a good firm challenge with no bad intentions to someone else.
Shawcross will get fined which is standard when you get a red or yellow card.

I don't think there are any players in the game any more who would deliberately go out to hurt another player. There are definitely players who go out to foul players (shirt pulling, trips etc).

I'm not sure how good the England v Egypt match will be. I know they are African Champions but they are still a bit of a pub team. From what I can recall from last years Confed Cup, I expect to see a lot of diving and play-acting.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 02 Mar 2010, 21:06

klc123 wrote:I was just on the phone to a mate offering me a ticket to go watch that tommorrow...turned him down as ive got college the next day and ive been to wembly before.
Whaaaaat? Did I read right????? You turned down an oportunitty to see Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, Terry, Ferdinand, Walcott, Owen, Beckham... need I say more??????... Egypt is a superb squad as well.

Wow, if only I had that chance, I would get to that stadium 5 hours before !!!!!
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Uniteddude99
New User

Post by Uniteddude99 » 02 Mar 2010, 22:03

im a United fan but im feeling very sorry for what happend to Aron Ramsey :(

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 03 Mar 2010, 01:23

having broken my leg a few years back, I feel bad for him also. Although I wasn't out for as long as he will be, I know what he's going through (minus the being paid all that money of course)

KoNJa04
Veteran Member

Post by KoNJa04 » 03 Mar 2010, 01:47

just wow, i seen this kid play in the Emrates cup a few years back, this i was the first time i realized that young players are amazing
i said to my dad
"Holy sh*t, this kid is 2 years older than me and hes playing for Arsenal... just wow"

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 05 Mar 2010, 15:21

ratherton wrote:

I don't think there are any players in the game any more who would deliberately go out to hurt another player. There are definitely players who go out to foul players (shirt pulling, trips etc).

I'm not sure how good the England v Egypt match will be. I know they are African Champions but they are still a bit of a pub team. From what I can recall from last years Confed Cup, I expect to see a lot of diving and play-acting.
What about that filthy pikey c*** that manages your team?

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 05 Mar 2010, 21:09

What group are Scotland in? :roll:

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 05 Mar 2010, 21:19

ScottyBoy wrote:
ratherton wrote:

What about that filthy pikey c*** that manages your team?
He doesn't play any more although he could probably still do a better job than most of the current players.

He was probably the last player I can remember deliberately targeting an opponent.

Don't know if anyone else saw it but an amateur player in the UK has just been sent to jail for a tackle/assault on an opponent. The lad who got injured was interviewed on the radio today.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 06 Mar 2010, 01:06

Just read a bit about it. GBH. Doesnt sound like a football tackle, quite right he was sent to jail.

Just a bit on Keane. What he did was premeditated, assault, and causing actual bodily harm, it would have been quite justified if he was jailed. After that I dont think he should have been allowed back to football in any capacity.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 06 Mar 2010, 21:45

ScottyBoy wrote:Just read a bit about it. GBH. Doesnt sound like a football tackle, quite right he was sent to jail.

Just a bit on Keane. What he did was premeditated, assault, and causing actual bodily harm, it would have been quite justified if he was jailed. After that I dont think he should have been allowed back to football in any capacity.
In the interview with the lad who was injured, he said the guy who assaulted him just got up, ran off the pitch and home. It hadn't been a dirty game and there wasn't anything going on between them.

What Keane did was a disgrace. From memory, he got in more trouble for writing about it in his book than from the actual tackle. Can't imagine what a player would have to do to be banned from football for life. I imagine any such ban would be almost certainly overturned in court as it would stop him from earning money.