Aaron ramsy broken leg

Discuss and compare your favorite players
ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Yeah i mean short of multiple drug offences i coulnt see it, although ive seen Adrian Mutu is getting close.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

ratherton
Veteran Member

ScottyBoy wrote:Yeah i mean short of multiple drug offences i coulnt see it, although ive seen Adrian Mutu is getting close.
I believe the thinking is that if someone commits a crime like drugs etc, once they have served their sentence, why shouldn't they be allowed to play football again?

With Mutu, I don't think the police were involved. I know Chelsea sacked him and then that Italian club signed him. Didn't Chelsea try to take Mutu to court over the lose of a potential transfer fee?

The only thing that could stop a player from playing again is maybe if they are on the sex offenders register and they would come in to contact with children (u-16) in the course of their job.

Lee Hughes killed someone in a car crash and is playing for Notts County now.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

ratherton wrote:
I believe the thinking is that if someone commits a crime like drugs etc, once they have served their sentence, why shouldn't they be allowed to play football again?

With Mutu, I don't think the police were involved. I know Chelsea sacked him and then that Italian club signed him. Didn't Chelsea try to take Mutu to court over the lose of a potential transfer fee?

The only thing that could stop a player from playing again is maybe if they are on the sex offenders register and they would come in to contact with children (u-16) in the course of their job.

Lee Hughes killed someone in a car crash and is playing for Notts County now.
Mutu was ordered to pay £16Million or somthing back to Chelsea, but earlier in the season he failed another drugs test for a weight loss drug, dont know whats happening with that but ive heard somthing in the region of a 4 year ban

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.