Aaron ramsy broken leg

Discuss and compare your favorite players
mustahfa14

Aaron ramsy broken leg

Post by mustahfa14 » 27 Feb 2010, 23:52

I don't know if anyone has heard about this, but i saw the arsenal vs. stoke game today.
Sadly...ramsy broke his leg. It was off a hard 50/50 challenge. All the players were pretty emotional. Poor kid. He was a great up and coming player...and now this is going to hold him back for a while

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXyL2YyM5k0
Last edited by mustahfa14 on 28 Feb 2010, 04:47, edited 1 time in total.

Ronaldao
Sophomore Member

Post by Ronaldao » 28 Feb 2010, 00:17

I've always hated stoke city just for their style of "play" that's "physical" just more of a reason to hate this pathetic excuse for a team.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 28 Feb 2010, 00:52

Don't blame stoke, Arsenal seems to be the place that talent goes to get injured.

I'd be pissed about the video but CF is funny

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 28 Feb 2010, 04:03

First link is not related and is an insult to the lad. Get a fu**ing grip.

Just want to wish Ramsey alll the best but i also feel sorry for Shawcross who is a very honest player who i respect who was devestated.

PS fair play to him on making the England squad. Would far rather see him than scumbags like Terry and Ferdinand any day of the week.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 28 Feb 2010, 04:22

Looked like a compound fracture to me, but I am not sure if it breached the skin or not. I assumed immediately as I saw his leg kinda hanging, Arsenal are just really unlucky. I don't like anything about Stoke's playing style, other than their handcannon Delap. But I wish Ramsey a speedy recovery and hope this doesn't hamper his chances of developing into top class.

mustahfa14

Post by mustahfa14 » 28 Feb 2010, 04:46

Dude scottyboy chill the fu** out. It was an accident. I had it copied, but then i copied something else (long story..inside joke).

So it was a complete accident, ill fix it.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 28 Feb 2010, 05:09

At first glance you can understand why I saw it as being disrespectful, but it was an honest mistake by you so I apologise.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 28 Feb 2010, 15:21

He has fractured the tibia and fibula in his right leg from what I heard.

I have calmed down since it first happened. If anyone saw my facebook status they would know I was upset. I don't think Shawcross did it with intent, he is a young player and I doubt he is that mean spirited. He was as visibly shaken as the Arsenal players.

It will be a long road but if Eduardo can recover than so can Aaron.

I just hope he can mentally come back from it. I don't think Eduardo is the same since it happened and he is a grown man.

Credit to the team for being able to go on. Vermaelen looked very upset and almost in tears. Its tough to go through this at any point but we've been through it twice.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 28 Feb 2010, 15:51

My biggest concern is how it affects him when he comes back. He could potentially be a great player, fabregasesc. Im just worried it could "stunt" his growth as a player.

Just think if Messi, Rooney or Ronaldo were to suffer a similar injury. Would they be the same? Would we look back on it in years to come and ask, What if? What could they have achieved?

Hope he getsa well soon and we see him again next season.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 28 Feb 2010, 16:05

ScottyBoy wrote:My biggest concern is how it affects him when he comes back. He could potentially be a great player, fabregasesc. Im just worried it could "stunt" his growth as a player.

Just think if Messi, Rooney or Ronaldo were to suffer a similar injury. Would they be the same? Would we look back on it in years to come and ask, What if? What could they have achieved?

Hope he getsa well soon and we see him again next season.
At 19 he was just coming into his own and really doing well. You think at least a year out with extensive rehab its possible he could be back some time next season. It all depends on how it heals, you gotta watch out for infection, how hard he works at rehab (though I'm sure he'll put in max effort).

A year or more out of the game is hard on anyone but for a young player these years are cruical.

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 28 Feb 2010, 19:26

Tbh, Eduardo hasn;t really been the same since he came back. I think we can kinda feel what Ramsey's feelin coz he's close our age, and prob a few of us have gone thru being "out" for at least 7,8 months..whether it be tru injury, psychlogical problems, addictions, or just any other type of problems.

Anyway, I think recalled reading a interview, when Eduardo said sth around the lines of "can't help thinking about all that time I've lost where I could hav been practising and improving", sth lik that..guess he just he just hadn't put it behind him.

Anyway, hope Ramsey has a stronger mentality and can put this behind him and still improve. Henrik Laarson did. Think it's important for him to not think about the past but treat this as an obstacle, and just keep his belief, keep improving. Tho tbh think this goes for all of us too when we're out for a long while.

I'm pretty sure Ramsey can get back to his original shape physically(broken legs are stronger after they heal), but its the mental side he's gotta overcome. Think Eduardo didn't fully overcome it, he's been a shadow of himself since he's back. Hope Ramsey can.

On a sidenote tho, felt kinda bad for having cared more for a footballer broken leg, than the two earthquakes in Haiti and Chile lol

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 28 Feb 2010, 19:45

haha, these 7-8 months, will probably be the biggest battle of his carreer..

If he can mentally stay strong, he will overcome, and get back and has a bright future.. If he distracts himself, starts partying, etc, it will probably be his end..

I think he will be able to overcome if he keeps his motivation strong
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 28 Feb 2010, 19:46

One thing arsenalfc08 slightly touched on is how people tend to hate players who do stuff like this (break bones). Some players deserve it, but a lot of them can be stunted in mental growth themselves by such events

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 28 Feb 2010, 20:10

Wanderer wrote:Tbh, Eduardo hasn;t really been the same since he came back. I think we can kinda feel what Ramsey's feelin coz he's close our age, and prob a few of us have gone thru being "out" for at least 7,8 months..whether it be tru injury, psychlogical problems, addictions, or just any other type of problems.

Anyway, I think recalled reading a interview, when Eduardo said sth around the lines of "can't help thinking about all that time I've lost where I could hav been practising and improving", sth lik that..guess he just he just hadn't put it behind him.

Anyway, hope Ramsey has a stronger mentality and can put this behind him and still improve. Henrik Laarson did. Think it's important for him to not think about the past but treat this as an obstacle, and just keep his belief, keep improving. Tho tbh think this goes for all of us too when we're out for a long while.

I'm pretty sure Ramsey can get back to his original shape physically(broken legs are stronger after they heal), but its the mental side he's gotta overcome. Think Eduardo didn't fully overcome it, he's been a shadow of himself since he's back. Hope Ramsey can.

On a sidenote tho, felt kinda bad for having cared more for a footballer broken leg, than the two earthquakes in Haiti and Chile lol
No worries Wanderer, your feelings can be perfectly explained with the monkeysphere.

http://www.cracked.com/article_14990_wh ... phere.html

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 02 Mar 2010, 04:30

Eduardo, brilliant young player no where near his best. Similiar injury, out for a season, came back, isn't half the player he was.

There should be stricter punishments to stop disgusting injuries like this happening reguardless of wether there was intent to injure or not, i don't think there was but thats besides the point.

From what i saw, the bloke connected on him so high that if he went much higher he would be striking him in the bollocks. Thats not a tackle, thats a disgrace in my opinion.

And Zlatan, it wasn't a compound fracture, he was quite fortunate it was only a simple fracture, if it was a compound fracture you would have seen the bone actually pointing out at a very sharp point in the sock, or like in eduardos case actually ripping the sock and pointing out wards. In that sense he has got that on his side, that was only a garden variety fracture, if it was compound he would have many many more problems on his mind such as never been able to walk again if he was very unfortunate.

EDIT:

Panchester, i very much doubt he will be out partying alot. Yes these 7-8 months will be tough on the player but the hardest is yet to come. The hardest point for him will be when he actually can start playing again and will realise how much damage the break down mentally and physically to his body. I wouldn't expect to see him playing premiership again for another 2 seasons. When you have a break like that your not allowed to exercise whatsoever for a whole year due to the nature of it.