Drogba vs Rooney

Discuss and compare your favorite players
panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 09 Feb 2010, 15:57

Wanderer wrote:but Defoe on top form had 5 goals, so guess he's better than them both..

Rooney is jz a jack of all trades really..not as clinical as van nisterooy, not as fast as torres, not as predatory as eto, not as strong as drogba, not as creative as ibrahimovic, not as hardworking as tevez...jz decent in all departments..
I'd say he's harder working than tevez.. but all the other parts are true.. and he can beat men really well.. Not like in a Messi way, but his fake shots are too good..

Rooney has more goals this season than defoe..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 09 Feb 2010, 16:43

panchester07 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:but Defoe on top form had 5 goals, so guess he's better than them both..

Rooney is jz a jack of all trades really..not as clinical as van nisterooy, not as fast as torres, not as predatory as eto, not as strong as drogba, not as creative as ibrahimovic, not as hardworking as tevez...jz decent in all departments..
I'd say he's harder working than tevez.. but all the other parts are true.. and he can beat men really well.. Not like in a Messi way, but his fake shots are too good..

Rooney has more goals this season than defoe..
Wander was talking about in a one game.

I'd also like to point out that Drogba only has 4 less goals than Rooney which you could argue that it was just luck he hit 4 that one game. Really it's impossible to say who's better it's all really just opinion. \

Remember Drogba has 2 more assist than Rooney and has played 4 less games.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 10 Feb 2010, 01:14

Let's take a look at their stats this season in the Premier League.

Wayne Rooney:

Minutes played: 2044
Goals: 21
Asissts: 3
Shots: 138
Shots on Goal: 47

Didier Drogba:

Minutes played: 1764
Goals: 17
Asissts: 5
Shots: 111
Shots on Goal: 46

Rooney has more goals however he has played more minutes total, has fewer assists, has taken more shots, and has a lower accuracy than Drogba.

Does this change anyone's opinions?

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 10 Feb 2010, 01:25

shots taken quite frankly is a stupid stat you should be taking shots from anywhere you get a chance. rooney shoots from like 35+ yards out occasionally + drogba takes some of the fk's.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 10 Feb 2010, 01:37

nick117 wrote:shots taken quite frankly is a stupid stat you should be taking shots from anywhere you get a chance. rooney shoots from like 35+ yards out occasionally + drogba takes some of the fk's.
I couldnt agree more.. People argue, yeah Ronaldo isn't as good as messi because look at how many shots he takes... If he takes shots, its because he creates opportunities, same with Wayne.. His role is to score therefore he needs to shoot.. I striker isnt better or worse of a striker if he shoots more or less.. What you have to look at is the quantity of goals he scores...

Hell, strikers like Vannisterlooij are almost immortal, and they take 1-2 shots a game, which 1 is a goal most of the time..

Shots taken are and insignificant..

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 10 Feb 2010, 01:57

nick117 wrote:shots taken quite frankly is a stupid stat you should be taking shots from anywhere you get a chance. rooney shoots from like 35+ yards out occasionally + drogba takes some of the fk's.
Indeed it is not the best way of measuring who is better, but it is a better way than yours. (Also they are really measuring the quality of shots, hence the Shots on Target part)

You said Rooney was better because he scored 4 goals in one game, and that is something Drogba can't do even when he's on form. I think it would be stupid to say something like that, you never know if Drogba could hit 4 in one game it's QUITE possible. You also said that Rooney had "far more" goals than Drogba. He has something like 4 more? That's not much tbh.

Last season Higuain scored 4 goals in a match against Malaga, does that make him better last year than the strikers who didn't achieve that last season?
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 10 Feb 2010, 18:51

because that's all rooney does is score.... when is the last time you saw drogba chasing a man down to his own 20 just to spin back around and run it to the 50 pass it off and make a run the rest of the way down the field.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 10 Feb 2010, 19:28

nick117 wrote:because that's all rooney does is score.... when is the last time you saw drogba chasing a man down to his own 20 just to spin back around and run it to the 50 pass it off and make a run the rest of the way down the field.
thats not his role bro... thats what defenders or midfielders doo..

If he can tap it in or atleast receive it closer to the opposite box why is he gonna go get the ball in defense?

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 10 Feb 2010, 19:36

because that's all rooney does is score.... when is the last time you saw drogba chasing a man down to his own 20 just to spin back around and run it to the 50 pass it off and make a run the rest of the way down the field.
Why would you expect that from Drogba? Drogba is a target man, Rooney is not so much.

:?
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 10 Feb 2010, 19:39

Okay guys take it easy I see where this is gonna end... Take it to the private messages and stay back on Rooney vs Drogba topic, or im going to have to rate you guys a 1.00 and lock the thread! Do you want that?

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 10 Feb 2010, 19:42

No need for a rating this is just a debate. His points don't make sense to me so I challenged them to see what he was talking about.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 10 Feb 2010, 19:43

Evan wrote:No need for a rating this is just a debate. His points don't make sense to me so I challenged them to see what he was talking about.
ahahhaha, don't you see I was making a joke ? I'm not even a moderator, and I wouldnt rate it even if Iwas..

I was mocking some people that when two people dont agree get all worried and paranoid :roll: .. hey it is what it is!

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 10 Feb 2010, 19:45

Hahaha ok I was wondering if you were a mod! And yes I agree they get worried easily!

steve-0
Veteran Member

Drogba vs Rooney

Post by steve-0 » 10 Feb 2010, 23:51

wow, i haven't been on this forum in years. Personally, I'd take Rooney over Drogba any day. both are great strikers, two of the best in the game... but i'm a Man U fan... what, i said it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/phishing4ch ... nH9jQpQCuM
check out my youtube channel if you have the chance.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 11 Feb 2010, 01:17

when is the last time you saw drogba chasing a man down to his own 20 just to spin back around and run it to the 50 pass it off and make a run the rest of the way down the field.
Like I said early now that cr7 is gone Rooney is doing less and less of this, which is why he's scoring more IMO.

On the whole shots statistic, I actually think it's a really good statistic. IMO it shows how many chances certain players waste. Not every goal is going to go in, but when you have like a 7% goal per shot rating than you are wasting a lot of chances where you could pass it, etc. Basically every missed shot is a loss of possession. If you could have a player who makes 78% of their shots but only takes 40 shots a season or someone who make 31% and takes 100 shots a season?