Drogba vs Rooney

Discuss and compare your favorite players
Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 11 Feb 2010, 02:20

Steve dude I just checked your youtube, Gucci and Plies Wasted on Piano was excellent man!
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 11 Feb 2010, 03:58

2brown347 wrote:
when is the last time you saw drogba chasing a man down to his own 20 just to spin back around and run it to the 50 pass it off and make a run the rest of the way down the field.
Like I said early now that cr7 is gone Rooney is doing less and less of this, which is why he's scoring more IMO.

On the whole shots statistic, I actually think it's a really good statistic. IMO it shows how many chances certain players waste. Not every goal is going to go in, but when you have like a 7% goal per shot rating than you are wasting a lot of chances where you could pass it, etc. Basically every missed shot is a loss of possession. If you could have a player who makes 78% of their shots but only takes 40 shots a season or someone who make 31% and takes 100 shots a season?
I think the shots wasted don't matter, its the shots that go in the ones that we should look at.... It a striker wastes 30 shots, but one goes in, it was a good game...

Lots of strikers stats are so high, because they are more dynamic.. Some others just unmark themselves and wait for that perfect pass, or that 1 on 1 and that why they're stats are lower...

If Rooney shoots and misses 250 shots, but he still has 30 goals in a season he still had a magnificent season..

If rooney shoots 10 times and scores all 10 times he still had a shity season..

Some players shoot less, they take like risks,

Some like Rooney shoot much more, but also put much more in..

What do you rather have.?

The strikers role is to do whatever he has to, to score, if shooting much is what they need, then who cares, they don't loose goals for missing.. Thats what they are thinking.. Not, maybe some one will count my stats and they'll see I miss a lot of shots.. The mentality is shoot whenever you can (some of them)

I know I ranted, but my opinion is strong... Shots taken is insignificant, they're just been optimistic, rather than the pesismistic striker that shoots only when the chance is clear..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

BGbeast23
Veteran Member

Re: Drogba vs Rooney

Post by BGbeast23 » 11 Feb 2010, 04:04

steve-0 wrote:wow, i haven't been on this forum in years. Personally, I'd take Rooney over Drogba any day. both are great strikers, two of the best in the game... but i'm a Man U fan... what, i said it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/phishing4ch ... nH9jQpQCuM
check out my youtube channel if you have the chance.
Good sh*t on those piano videos man, you should start posting again. :wink:

panchester07
Veteran Member

Re: Drogba vs Rooney

Post by panchester07 » 12 Feb 2010, 00:39

BGbeast23 wrote:
steve-0 wrote:wow, i haven't been on this forum in years. Personally, I'd take Rooney over Drogba any day. both are great strikers, two of the best in the game... but i'm a Man U fan... what, i said it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/phishing4ch ... nH9jQpQCuM
check out my youtube channel if you have the chance.
Good sh*t on those piano videos man, you should start posting again. :wink:
those where awesome.. I see talent in you, you can make it far if you really wanted too
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

steve-0
Veteran Member

Post by steve-0 » 17 Feb 2010, 03:29

haha thanks for the support guys. i hurt my hammy over the summer and i couldn't play soccer, so i decided to start playing the piano... ha, hadn't touched a piano since like elementary school.

I'm gonna try to start making more posts on here again. this site used to be my life.

Uniteddude99
New User

Post by Uniteddude99 » 02 Mar 2010, 22:11

of course rooney is the best :P

didier Drogba is the worst player i now i youst want to kill him he`s so uggly and he`s so enoyngh it makes me so angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fu** of drogba !! :evil:

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 02 Mar 2010, 22:47

panchester07 wrote:
2brown347 wrote:
when is the last time you saw drogba chasing a man down to his own 20 just to spin back around and run it to the 50 pass it off and make a run the rest of the way down the field.
Like I said early now that cr7 is gone Rooney is doing less and less of this, which is why he's scoring more IMO.

On the whole shots statistic, I actually think it's a really good statistic. IMO it shows how many chances certain players waste. Not every goal is going to go in, but when you have like a 7% goal per shot rating than you are wasting a lot of chances where you could pass it, etc. Basically every missed shot is a loss of possession. If you could have a player who makes 78% of their shots but only takes 40 shots a season or someone who make 31% and takes 100 shots a season?
I think the shots wasted don't matter, its the shots that go in the ones that we should look at.... It a striker wastes 30 shots, but one goes in, it was a good game...

Lots of strikers stats are so high, because they are more dynamic.. Some others just unmark themselves and wait for that perfect pass, or that 1 on 1 and that why they're stats are lower...

If Rooney shoots and misses 250 shots, but he still has 30 goals in a season he still had a magnificent season..

If rooney shoots 10 times and scores all 10 times he still had a shity season..

Some players shoot less, they take like risks,

Some like Rooney shoot much more, but also put much more in..

What do you rather have.?

The strikers role is to do whatever he has to, to score, if shooting much is what they need, then who cares, they don't loose goals for missing.. Thats what they are thinking.. Not, maybe some one will count my stats and they'll see I miss a lot of shots.. The mentality is shoot whenever you can (some of them)

I know I ranted, but my opinion is strong... Shots taken is insignificant, they're just been optimistic, rather than the pesismistic striker that shoots only when the chance is clear..
I missed this post until now.

IMO like I've said before shots wasted is a good stat. If a player tankes 300 shots and misses 270 thats 270 losses of possesion/missed chances at a goal by another player. I'm not saying players should only shoot when it's a clear goal but watch a real madrid game and count how many good attacks are ended because cr blasted a shot with a defender right in front of him. Then watch another team (or player) and count how many times they are in the same situation but pass instead of waste a shot and decide who you'd rather have on your team.