Gonzalo Higuaín

Discuss and compare your favorite players
panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 15 May 2010, 18:50

I completely remember that, agree with that, and am astounded by that. (what shahensa said)

Theres been other situations where its wayy obviouss he just wants to score and become great, and do great things when its clearly inconvenient for the team.. Some are huge and obvios like this one Shahensa mentioned, and some are little things, that add up, a pass he didn't give when his teammate was better, his reactions after others score, his reactions after he scores, his body language.. At this point its more than clear that he cares more about shining himself, than helping the team shine.

He's a selfish guy and has been spoiled by spanish newspapers way to much.

This being said theres no taking away and everybody on this forum knows, he is one of the best players at the moment. I wouldn't say 1st or 2nd right now, but he still is exelent class.

A striker is suppose to be selfish at times, but this guy takes it way to far.

Higuain is as selfish as a striker should be, Ronaldo is selfish with a capital S and an exclamation point at the end!

Link to what shahensa explained:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf6ELlJc3r0

- Watch him after the PK whine about missing it..
- Watch him after the Higuain goal not even celebrate there team tying almeria in a tight match.
- Watch him when the "pk" is commited run and grab the ball "this pk is mine, this ball is mine, im taking this pk"
-
Last edited by panchester07 on 15 May 2010, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 15 May 2010, 18:59

panchester07 wrote: Theres been other situations where its wayy obviouss he just wants to score and become great, and do great things when its clearly inconvenient for the team.. Some are huge and obvios like this one Shahensa mentioned, and some are little things, that add up, a pass he didn't give when his teammate was better, his reactions after others score, his reactions after he scores, his body language.. At this point its more than clear that he cares more about shining himself, than helping the team shine.
He's always been selfish

But this season, he never seems bother celebarting unless its him scoring and if its an important or good goals, he runs away from his team-mates

Thats one thing I really dislike about him, like a real flaw in his charachter

Being selfish gets the team alot of goals anyway

Not celebrating (or the attitude which results in that) will eventually ruin his realtionship with the team

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 15 May 2010, 19:05

I agree with almost all of that, but I honestly think that being selfish costs the team more than it benefits it..

Ronaldo has 5 balls in the 30 yard line, all 5 he's gonna try to go and score, 1 will result in a goal or important play, and 4 will be possesion thrown away for his team.

There was a point in this season, when he was injured, that Madrid won by atleast 3 goals differential week in, week out. Created chances, played "tiki-taka" football, entertained the crowd, with Guti, with Granero, with Higuain. He comes back from the injury, and Madrid starts winning 2-1, 1-0, 3-2 in the last minutes, the only thing is, he scored a goal, or two, but the team played horrible, when they where outplaying anyone a when he was out.

He scores 1 on his own, but if he would have played collectively the other 4, maybe Madrid or his team would get 2-3 goals as a team, instead of him trying to take on everybody, loose it, and give the ball away for a perfect counterattack.

His selfishness ends up being counterproductive for his team, but people go oh well he had a goal its okay, yeah, if he would have passed it the team would have gotten 2-3 goals. He gives the ball the posesion away a lot. Cristiano thinks of himself. Then of himself. And lastly of himself. Exellent team spirit.

And quite frankly, I think his dribbling talent has gone backwards quite a bit after he left the premier.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 15 May 2010, 19:37

That's personally what I believe, he wants to score, and he is disappointed when he doesn't but winning is much more important, just look at the Champions league final for his last game for Manchester United and you will know what I mean...

And I agree with you Evans, but forgive me if i'm wrong, but Higuain has played more games? im not entirely sure you'll have to check that.

I can list a few real madrid games ive watched in the last 2 months that Ronaldo has done some individual brilliance to win the game, not saying higuain hasn't, because he clearly has, but i dunno, it's difficult to compare two different players.

One thing is for sure, without either of them, Real Madrid would be in the sh*t, because the two of them have scored so many this season, i don't know what they would have done without both of them. Both seem to compliment each other and play better when playing with the other, Higuain seems to play better when Ronaldo is playing.

Really interesting to see what happens tomorrow night.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 15 May 2010, 19:44

What I recall about a recent champions league final is him missing the penalty, and Man U still winning, and everybody celebrating, and him crying in the floor alone, why?

That was an inspiring moment though.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 15 May 2010, 19:52

he said he cried because it was such an amazing feeling kind of like how parents cry when a child is born.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 15 May 2010, 20:01

No I meant how much he was stropping the year he left, his last game was when United lost to Barcelona.

Juicygriot17

Post by Juicygriot17 » 15 May 2010, 20:05

Ronaldo's selfish at times but i also think at times he sets up his teammates real well. Ive been tryin to match more Spanish soccer, he takes alot of shots but he's also made mad nice passes and moves. I agree he needs work on teamwork.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 15 May 2010, 20:10

Yeah I know what you where saying KLC, but I just said that I watch both finals obviously as a Man U fan, and what impacted me the most, and what I remember the most was the first thing he did, not the second which I don't recall, and we don't know why he was complaining, could have been that he hadn't goten a goal yet, or something.

I do remember him saying "I'm staying in Man U", after the match though. Which didn't exactly happen, but thats off-topic.

And I just wanna say this is the most priceless 8 seconds of the whole season, and if I knew how to make it my sig I would:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no0sQebz05k

My interpretation is that Messi is kind of saying:
"Im taking this game, big boy"

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 15 May 2010, 20:44

Ronaldo has 5 balls in the 30 yard line, all 5 he's gonna try to go and score, 1 will result in a goal or important play, and 4 will be possesion thrown away for his team.

There was a point in this season, when he was injured, that Madrid won by atleast 3 goals differential week in, week out. Created chances, played "tiki-taka" football, entertained the crowd, with Guti, with Granero, with Higuain. He comes back from the injury, and Madrid starts winning 2-1, 1-0, 3-2 in the last minutes, the only thing is, he scored a goal, or two, but the team played horrible, when they where outplaying anyone a when he was out.

He scores 1 on his own, but if he would have played collectively the other 4, maybe Madrid or his team would get 2-3 goals as a team, instead of him trying to take on everybody, loose it, and give the ball away for a perfect counterattack.

His selfishness ends up being counterproductive for his team, but people go oh well he had a goal its okay, yeah, if he would have passed it the team would have gotten 2-3 goals. He gives the ball the posesion away a lot. Cristiano thinks of himself. Then of himself. And lastly of himself. Exellent team spirit.

And quite frankly, I think his dribbling talent has gone backwards quite a bit after he left the premier.
Agree 100% And the action vs. Almeria after his penalty miss was horrific. He doesn't give a fu** about teamwork, he gives a fu** about himself. And to make it worse he scores the tap in that Higuain provided him, and then takes off his shirt like a dumbass, and eventually gets a red card later on. Unbelievable.

Vs. Barcelona he took so many 30+ yard shots it was unbelievable. I'm sorry, he is great, but not worth 90 mil at the moment. Also, KLC, Higuain has LESS minutes on the pitch than Ronaldo this season.

Both seem to compliment each other and play better when playing with the other
There is hardly ANY interplay between the two of them to be honest.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 15 May 2010, 20:49

God damn it Evan, you have the skill to make panchester agree with everything you say. Couldn't agree more, with even the period that you placed in your sentences.

He doesn't compliment anybody but himself. He scores lots of goals, which is why people say he is one of the best, but his effects on Real Madrid is a negative one. With out him Real Madrid spreads the ball all over the field, plays escellent spanish football, opens the field, and finds space and opportunities to score, they end up playing well, the crowd loves them, and they win by many goals. Not only that, Higuian gets 1, Van der Vart gets 1, Guti would get 1, everybody scores, like a TEAM that they are.

When Ronaldo plays, real madrid plays shyte, he gets 1-2 goals, and maybe a second person could get a goal, but since he's such a ball hog, he takes away opportunities and opportunities for his team to play well.. I say..

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 15 May 2010, 21:12

I think with c.ronaldo, he wants to win really bad as long as he's the reason they won. Obviously I don't think he'd rather lose but the order of the events he'd like to see happen are:
1. Win with him scoring all the goals
2. Win
3. Tie with him scoring all the goals.

Looking at that youtube video, it looked as if he was upset that Benzema had scored the goal. Normal players become thrilled whenever their team scores just out of instinct but with him it's different.
It appears that his attitude has gotten worse since he left United and I think that's attributed to not having such a strong personality like Sir Alex there to set him straight.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 15 May 2010, 21:23

:shock:

You can't say Real play worse with him on the pitch.

Granted they may not play the nicest to watch football, but realistically panch, the nicest to watch football is now always the most effective, the Italians have proven this time and time again.

Ronaldo is a much more direct player than any other player in the Spanish league. Some people view that as a bad thing, some people view it as a good thing.

I personally believe he has a massive positive impact to the side, the amount of games he has won single handled to ensure 3 points for Real this season is unbelievable, and I still maintain that if Real did not have Ronaldo then they would be a lot more points behind barcelona.

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 15 May 2010, 21:34

but realistically panch, the nicest to watch football is now always the most effective, the Italians have proven this time and time again.
You state this like it is a fact, it's an opinion. :lol:
I personally believe he has a massive positive impact to the side, the amount of games he has won single handled to ensure 3 points for Real this season is unbelievable
He has a massive impact, not sure if it the positive outweighs the negative aspects of the impact though.

Higuain has won many games this season, aswell as in previous ones for the club.
I still maintain that if Real did not have Ronaldo then they would be a lot more points behind barcelona.
That could very well be true, hard to tell though.

You can't say Real play worse with him on the pitch.
Nobody said that, but Real would play 100x better if he added more to the team. The attack would be unstoppable IMO.

Now, let's get back on topic before this turns into an even bigger Ronaldo v Higuain debate. :lol:

Chelsea are said to be close to getting him, what happens then lol, would be strange to see him in the EPL.
Last edited by Evan on 15 May 2010, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 15 May 2010, 21:42

sorry i was suppose i say not always :lol:

Fortunately, nobody expected you to change your opinion.
Was that a snipe at me? :(

I'm just gonna shut up.