Gonzalo Higuaín

Discuss and compare your favorite players
panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 16 Mar 2010, 19:09

2brown347 wrote:I'll call any grown man who acts like he does on the field a girl.

Hopefully they bring out the big guns against canada. I wouldn't think it's a game they usually would for, but being before the WC I'd really hope Maradona's smart enough to do so.
Of course they are gonna play their bestt, they need to be in the bestest of form, and have the chemistry levels high before they fligh to S.A.. Maradona will have to use everychance he gets.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 16 Mar 2010, 20:19

I agree panchester, but I don't think it's a crime if I've lost a little faith in Maradona's managing competience.

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 16 Mar 2010, 22:04

but I don't think it's a crime if I've lost a little faith in Maradona's managing competience.
If it was a crime I'm sure many people would be in jail lol.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 20 Mar 2010, 22:01

Higuain scored another goal today, 20 in La Liga now.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 20 Mar 2010, 23:20

2 away from Messi.. Its been a while since Cr9 scores now right? 2-3 fixutres?

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 20 Mar 2010, 23:58

no he scored last weekend :?

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 22 Mar 2010, 04:36

Evan wrote:no he scored last weekend :?
Oh yeah, I forgot that freekick goal.. I wonder how he must be feeling now that he isn't the club's main scorer? Atleast the last 3-4 seasons in Man U he was the by far goal scorer, and now Pipita has that role. I actually see him comprehensive and accepting things how they are. I don't see him crying, and complaining like he used to.

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 22 Mar 2010, 15:29

Oh yeah, I forgot that freekick goal.. I wonder how he must be feeling now that he isn't the club's main scorer? Atleast the last 3-4 seasons in Man U he was the by far goal scorer, and now Pipita has that role. I actually see him comprehensive and accepting things how they are. I don't see him crying, and complaining like he used to.
He probably feels pissed tbh. Sometimes I watch him when other players score and it just seems like he's like "fu** why wasn't that me who scored..."

I dunno though, I could be wrong. There's still not that team element in Madrid's squad yet tbh. If Higuain leaves I honestly will say fu** Madrid and just watch whatever club he joins, because I'm fed up with Perez and his sh*t, his stupid policies and his extravagant transfer buys.

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 14 May 2010, 18:19

There are rumors circulating that Higuain will be out this summer. Perez's dumbass won't pay the wage that Higuain wants, which is 6m per year, about what Benzema's getting. Benzema gets around 100k per week, Higuain gets 15k per week. It's pathetic.

To be honest if he leaves I'm going to have to say fu** Madrid, I don't think I would even be able to watch them anymore. Perez will realize how big a mistake he made when he throws a third player away...

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 15 May 2010, 06:00

Evan wrote:There are rumors circulating that Higuain will be out this summer. Perez's dumbass won't pay the wage that Higuain wants, which is 6m per year, about what Benzema's getting. Benzema gets around 100k per week, Higuain gets 15k per week. It's pathetic.

To be honest if he leaves I'm going to have to say fu** Madrid, I don't think I would even be able to watch them anymore. Perez will realize how big a mistake he made when he throws a third player away...
It wouldn't be the first time madrid let go one of their best players. Other clubs do it aswell but it's usually because of their personality, truely not being able to afford them, them being more trouble then their worth or trying to make a buck before free agency.

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun » 15 May 2010, 06:40

yeah, they'll probably transfer him out for some big name striker that will hopefully sell jerseys. At this point, who the hell could they target that will actually come and meet the expectations? Not Rooney, Not Messi...maybe Berbatov is free for next season :D lol. They are practically selling off their kid/"young(foundation player)" in the peak of their career with just a total lack of regard for their talents and abilities if they do sell Gonzalo. It seems for every transfer they get right, they get one wrong as well. I can't remember where I saw a story, but I think they stated that RM has already recouped roughly $90M for Ronaldo through the jersey sales. I thought that story sounded ridiculous(maybe I saw it on Sentanta or UCL Magazine show), but never underestimate large groups of retards.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 15 May 2010, 12:34

I think Ronaldo cares about winning more than him scoring goals. He seems to get really annoyed when people miss chances, because he feels (and to be honest he probably would have) he would have scored them if he had that chance.

Higuain and Ronaldo play different roles in my opinion. Ronaldo seems to set up a lot more goals for Higuain as well as scoring himself, Higuain tends to be the finisher and not a lot else, which isn't a knock to Higuain because he is a brilliant player, but I think Real Madrid would have been a lot further behind Barcelona if they didn't have Ronaldo compared to if they didn't have Higuain. Even the commentators were saying one game, that if Ronaldo played all the games this season and was not injured, Real Madrid could have won the league by now, which is completely hypothetical, but anything happens in football I guess.

I think they will keep Higuain and load off Benzema in the summer.

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 15 May 2010, 16:18

Higuain and Ronaldo play different roles in my opinion. Ronaldo seems to set up a lot more goals for Higuain as well as scoring himself
Yes one would expect that from a world class winger...

However, I disagree. Respectively of course.

Ronaldo has only TWO more assists than Higuain. And I can remember Higuain assisting Ronaldo several times (vs. Osasuna to win the game in the late minutes, which was basically because of Higuain's perfect cross that Ronaldo just had to head home from point blank), and vs. Almeria early in the season (the one where Ronaldo looked like an idiot by struggling to get his shirt off, getting booked, and then getting booked again and earning red :lol: which by the way did not exactly help his team at all).

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "As well as scoring himself". Higuain has more goals this season. And Ronaldo also has FOUR penalties. At least two of which were because of Higuain. (Athletic Bilbao- Higuain's shot hitting Amorebieta's arm) (Villarreal- Higuain getting tripped inside the box) So Higuain is the cause of four of Ronaldo's goals at least tbh. Without penalties it's Higuain-27 Ronaldo- 22.

Higuain tends to be the finisher and not a lot else
One would expect that from a striker, and five assists isn't that bad. If I'm correct he made it to double digits in terms of assists last year.

I think Real Madrid would have been a lot further behind Barcelona if they didn't have Ronaldo compared to if they didn't have Higuain. Even the commentators were saying one game, that if Ronaldo played all the games this season and was not injured, Real Madrid could have won the league by now
I doubt it. Each have saved the season this year, Higuain's goals vs. Valencia, Ronaldo's goals vs. Malaga. I think that is an invalid point, and it is DEFINITELY hypothetical, as you mentioned.
I think they will keep Higuain and load off Benzema in the summer.
I hope they do.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 15 May 2010, 18:16

klc123 wrote:I think Ronaldo cares about winning more than him scoring goals. He seems to get really annoyed when people miss chances, because he feels (and to be honest he probably would have) he would have scored them if he had that chance.
I completely disagree with that. I remember an instance in the league, right before the CL fixture with Lyon. I think Evan can vouch for me. Cronaldo missed a pk and somebody buried the rebound, which happened to be the winning goal. Instead of celebrating the winning goal with his teammates, he just held his head in disbelief as if the team has no hope to win since he missed his pk. Even higuain walked up to him and said something, which I assume was "our team is winning fool, why so serious?"

but yeah, cronaldo is more about shining in the spotlight alone than working for a team.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 15 May 2010, 18:47

If Perez sells Higuan, the fans should line him up and let him take a kick in the balls from each and every one

Cause its basically a very bad move :D

And its well known Ronaldo's a selfish fu**er, but your an idiot if you think he cares about his goal tally over his team... he cares about it alot, but not more