Gonzalo Higuaín

Discuss and compare your favorite players
shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 07 Feb 2010, 04:57

Its true, he doesnt deserve to play second fiddle at all.

I mean this guy is no joke. I realized that when he scored this winner against osasuna that sealed madrid's title hopes during Rijkaard last season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vUyTB4Yiso

Whats eerie is that he had scored another winner against some team the season before to ensure madrid clinched the title from Barca.

Unfortunately, it was him playing second fiddle to raul then and cronaldo/ benzema for the striker role now.

He doesnt have to worry though. His versatility allows him to play on the right wing efficiently. His form has been deadly. Pellegrini cant afford to keep him out. A kaka, benzema, cronaldo and especially higuain attack is mouthwatering and all the more worrisome.

No matter what, he is the madrid clutch. Madrid cant afford to let such a player go.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 07 Feb 2010, 05:10

Everything you said is true, and he's obviously loyal to the club but if you were one of the best strikers around but were playing on the right wing because you didn't have enough "star power" wouldn't you eventually get fed up? I'm not saying he will but I know at some point I would.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 07 Feb 2010, 05:18

2brown347 wrote:To be fair panchester kaka and cr7 aren't the ones helping him out. He's good and only going to get better, but I doubt he'll stay at real madrid, he's already playing second fiddle when he's clearly (IMO) the best player madrid have currently, or at least the most effeicent.
I never said they were, :wink: just that madrid being madrid, they will put the most hansome, and the most rich player before the one with the most effectivity..at times

And he wasn't second fiddle, he was getting the starts until he injured himself, 3 weeks ago..

Then pelligrini put him in towards the end of this match to get him used to the pace, tempo, and probably cause he wasnt 100% ready for the 90 minutes..

He had to prove himself more than other players.. Like Benzema and Raul, they can play sucky for 2-3 games, and still get called up.. Higuian could score 2-3 games, and it would have been seen as lucky, or a coincidence, and still start off in the bench the next game..

But when you have his effectivity and stats, its too obvious and now the main striker position is his, Over Superstars like Raul and Benzema..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 07 Feb 2010, 06:21

2brown347 wrote:Everything you said is true, and he's obviously loyal to the club but if you were one of the best strikers around but were playing on the right wing because you didn't have enough "star power" wouldn't you eventually get fed up? I'm not saying he will but I know at some point I would.
Yeah. I would be extremely frustrated too, especially if I am one player the team cannot afford to keep away from the field.

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 07 Feb 2010, 17:16

He's kept Benzema's ass on the bench most season though, it's usually been Ronaldo and Higuain up front, Benzema as a sub.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 07 Feb 2010, 17:35

Evan wrote:He's kept Benzema's ass on the bench most season though, it's usually been Ronaldo and Higuain up front, Benzema as a sub.
Exactly, he hasnt been second fiddle.. He was this time because he just got back froman injury and wasn't prepared to run the 90 minutes..

Maybe if madrid went to buy more talents like Higuain over in South America or in Africa they would be better.. Instead of paying 96 million euros for a fully developed playe, why not buy a not 100% formed player, and polish him in their lines..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 22 Feb 2010, 00:09

Higuain with another brace today. Kaka also got a brace, Ronaldo got a nice free kick goal, and Alonso scored!
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 22 Feb 2010, 07:11

Ronaldo was the star of the show.

Was involved in every single goal besides the penalty.

Scored the first with an amazing freekick.

Was heavily involved in the build up for higuains first and pulled off an assist that was as good as a goal for higuains second.

Also set up various team mates many times, had a huge impact on the game and seemed to create chances for Real from what appeared to be nothing.

Senna's freekick was good though.

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 22 Feb 2010, 18:25

Was heavily involved in the build up for higuains first and pulled off an assist that was as good as a goal for higuains second.
No man actually it was the other way around, Ronaldo had the assist for Pipita's first, and he was involved in Pipita's second.

But yeah I agree Cristiano was class. Maradona is a fucktard if he doesn't Higuain to the WC

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 22 Feb 2010, 18:30

Sorry, i couldn't remember which way around it was, either way it doesn't really matter.

Anymi
Veteran Member

Post by Anymi » 25 Feb 2010, 01:59

Evan wrote:
No man actually it was the other way around, Ronaldo had the assist for Pipita's first, and he was involved in Pipita's second.

But yeah I agree Cristiano was class. Maradona is a fucktard if he doesn't Higuain to the WC
Dont worry man i reckon hes got to take him. But it is Maradonna we are taling about i suppose. Hes already got 70+ players that he likes to whip out, so cutting it in half to get a WC squad may be difficult for him.

4 strikers for Argentina have got to be Tevez, Aguero, Milito and Higuain.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 27 Feb 2010, 19:46

I cant believe the number of time cronaldo has been messing up consistently against tenerife so far in the first half. Everything from passes, to step over tricks to shots are not coming off properly.

What I can believe is Higuain getting his brace, each goal scored with a different foot. This fellow just cant stop scoring. A definite revelation for Maradona.

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 27 Feb 2010, 19:48

Yeah agreed, Ronaldo almost seems to be getting pissed lol because Higuain is taking the goals, but he's always in the right spot. Amazing player, 4 goals in the last 2. Tied with Messi at the moment, that being said Messi hasn't played this weekend yet so we'll see. 8)

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 27 Feb 2010, 19:55

Evan wrote:Yeah agreed, Ronaldo almost seems to be getting pissed lol because Higuain is taking the goals, but he's always in the right spot. Amazing player, 4 goals in the last 2. Tied with Messi at the moment, that being said Messi hasn't played this weekend yet so we'll see. 8)
Thats so true. He knows when to run, when to stay and times it perfectly. Both his goals so far have come off one touch strikes while he was on the run.

This team definitely needs to change its name from Raul Madrid to Gonzalo Madrid lol

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 27 Feb 2010, 19:57

Yeah lol the first goal I honestly anticipated each move before it actually happened.

I was watching Marcelo, then I saw Higuain make the run, I knew the ball would be placed to his foot, then I anticipated a shot far post which came and it nestled right in the corner lol.

The second one was class though, great cross by Garay.

And yeah, screw Raul Madrid, I like shahensha's idea better :lol: