The drama that is John Terry

Discuss and compare your favorite players
panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 05 Feb 2010, 00:29

soccer11 wrote:
ScottyBoy wrote:Capello will wait until next week as it is reported the girl in question has been offered in excess of £250,000 for her story, so dont be surprised if there are more twists revealed in this sundays papers. (thats how the British media works) All the big trashy stories are printed in the trashy newspapers on sundays or at least new allegations etc are. Im sure there will be hoardes of sluts lining up claiming to have slept with him.
ah I do like British Media. They get sh*t done.

And i think it might come to that too. This really will be like the Tiger Woods story then, which would be a shame and then perhaps Terry wouldn't play in the world cup. It'll be interesting to see what we learn in the next couple of days.
Thanks for repeating what I said :lol: :wink:´

and, aren't all the media like this?
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 05 Feb 2010, 00:52

haha you posted that right before me and i didn't feel like editing the post.

And from what I've read, British media is pretty different from American. non-sensationalized American journalism has fairly tight rules.
for one we don't pay for interviews.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 05 Feb 2010, 01:08

The British media is unique in the sense that it has very little in the way of moral standards.

They pay whoever they can for any story.

There was a recent scandal where newspapers were found guilty of hacking and recording phone calls of dozens of public figures from celebrities to polotitians and members of the royal family.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 05 Feb 2010, 18:11

Just confirmed that he's been dropped as captain

Proffesion life crossing with Personal life
fu**ing media's speciality

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 05 Feb 2010, 19:07

Yep, and now Rio will be taking over? I'm a little bit surprised by that. He said it was because he was the vice captain, but I think there should've been more thought into it.
http://www.skysports.com/football/world ... 89,00.html

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 05 Feb 2010, 20:42

Even though I'm a fan of a lot of the individual english players I can't say I'm broken up by this. The USA might not have a big chance of winning the WC but they just got (very minimally) bigger.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 05 Feb 2010, 21:05

2brown347 wrote:Even though I'm a fan of a lot of the individual english players I can't say I'm broken up by this. The USA might not have a big chance of winning the WC but they just got (very minimally) bigger.
The USA's chances didn't increase just because England's got marginally worse. Football isn't a zero-sum game.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 05 Feb 2010, 21:16

soccer11 wrote:Yep, and now Rio will be taking over? I'm a little bit surprised by that. He said it was because he was the vice captain, but I think there should've been more thought into it.
noooo, rooney rooney rooney!

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 05 Feb 2010, 22:27

soccer11 wrote:Yep, and now Rio will be taking over? I'm a little bit surprised by that. He said it was because he was the vice captain, but I think there should've been more thought into it.
Good decision altogether, had forgetten about Rio, but he is the man for that position.. even better than rooney right now..

I think he has the capability to wear the bracelet, and he's one of the worlds best defenders in the world

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 06 Feb 2010, 15:48

I've just been thinking and I've noticed that all of England's candidates for captain had pretty big faults.

Terry: Got drunk on 9/11 and made fun of American tourists as they looked on at what happened and now the Wayne Bridge thing

Gerrard: Beats DJs up because they don't play his tunes

Rio: missed a drug test and was suspended for a year

Rooney: stomped on someone's balls.

Kind of interesting . . .

foodsample

Post by foodsample » 06 Feb 2010, 16:59

I think Rio, then Gerrard is a good choice. Of course if Rooney could handle the responsibility it would work out in the long run. But the guy is one of the best players in the world, and hes only 24 right now correct? Pushing him into being the captain of England wouldn't have any positive effects on the English team IMO, and it would risk burning him out from the added pressure. I definitely think it was a smart decision to put Rio, and Gerrard at Captain, and Vice-Captain, they they will be in a better position to deliver on their responsibilities and allowing Rooney to focus on delivering on his main responsibility.. scoring goals, and developing into a mature player.
Of course I may not know as much about these players as you guys, but Just from a logical perspective, it was good solid decision by the coach. Making rash gambles is not the way to go after an event like this.
"Y lo uvieras pegado al uno o dos que te salian?"
"O la hubiese tirado a la mierda, como lo hago siempre"

Mascherano ftw!

"Focus on the effort, not the results.. then results will come"

Live by it

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 08 Feb 2010, 17:48

A little bit off-topic but at the same time not.
http://www.skysports.com/football/world ... 25,00.html
The sentence before the section that reads "natural replacement" is this quote from Sir Alex:
"Over the years we've had Gary (Neville), Bobby Charlton and Bryan Robson for 60-odd games or something so we're very proud of that."
Anyone notice anything weird about that sentence?

Nat_H
Veteran Member

Post by Nat_H » 08 Feb 2010, 17:56

hmmm no...what about it

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 08 Feb 2010, 18:08

Yeah .. what about it? ahah? I'm all curios now, and I have a feeling its going to be something silly like, they all had black hair :wink: or something not so important like that ahha

Maybe your implying that Ferguson is talking about natural replacemente and he needs one soon ?

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 08 Feb 2010, 18:12

Where's David Beckham? Did Sir Alex forget about him? He captained England a lot more times than Neville did while being a United player.

edit: I may be looking a little too into this, but then again maybe he purposely left him out. I'M CALLING CONTROVERSY! :P