The drama that is John Terry

Discuss and compare your favorite players
soccer11
Admin

The drama that is John Terry

Post by soccer11 » 04 Feb 2010, 21:31

How is this not a topic? This is a huge story IMO. here's one of the most recent articles
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 61,00.html

for anyone who doesn't know, apparently John Terry had relations (read: had sex with) with Wayne Bridge's now ex-girlfriend. Terry is in danger of being stripped of captaincy of England.

Nat_H
Veteran Member

Post by Nat_H » 04 Feb 2010, 21:37

I have been reading about this. It's really stupid how things like this are becoming acceptable, even among "friends".

bsc
Veteran Member

Post by bsc » 04 Feb 2010, 21:43

looks like they're going to have to make Sol Campbell the new captain. -jk

I think Cappello knows how important JT is to be England. He'll do whatever he can to delay making a major decision until it's less in the media. And I bet he's hoping at least a little bit that Bridge is still injured world cup time, because the rumour is that Bridge said if Terry was still the captain he wouldn't play. I think it's very likely we won't see Wayne Bridge play this summer.
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 04 Feb 2010, 21:43

Nat_H wrote:I have been reading about this. It's really stupid how things like this are becoming acceptable, even among "friends".
oh it's not exactly acceptable. it's caused a split in the lockerroom and a lot of people are saying that this could be the demise of England's chances.

Nat_H
Veteran Member

Post by Nat_H » 04 Feb 2010, 21:50

soccer11 wrote:
Nat_H wrote:I have been reading about this. It's really stupid how things like this are becoming acceptable, even among "friends".
oh it's not exactly acceptable. it's caused a split in the lockerroom and a lot of people are saying that this could be the demise of England's chances.
Yeah. I understand that for the other players the WC is prioritized. But I have no respect for JT.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 04 Feb 2010, 21:57

If England had any chance of winning the WC, it wasn't divided by this.

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 04 Feb 2010, 22:03

bsc wrote:looks like they're going to have to make Sol Campbell the new captain. -jk

I think Cappello knows how important JT is to be England. He'll do whatever he can to delay making a major decision until it's less in the media. And I bet he's hoping at least a little bit that Bridge is still injured world cup time, because the rumour is that Bridge said if Terry was still the captain he wouldn't play. I think it's very likely we won't see Wayne Bridge play this summer.
looks like Bridge will be back very soon . . . as in this weekend.
http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slu ... &type=lgns

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 04 Feb 2010, 22:25

To be honest I don't think athletes personal lifes should play a role with their jobs in the way the do. It's like the whole Tiger Woods thing. People mess up like this all the time, doesn't make it any better or worse but IMO it shouldn't play a role in their spot (in any sense of the word) on the team.

It was a douche move on JT part, but it's between him and Bridge. Thats my opinion, its not the first time this kind of thing has happened.

Plus JT is far more important to the team than Bridge.

Is Bridges ex-girl hot? :lol:

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 04 Feb 2010, 22:29

I was gonna ask.. She must be pretty hot if she landed two super stars..

On Sportscenter I heard the commentators say this "John Terry clears up all rumors and says he will still remain captain of the English Team" ... The first thing I thought: Does it depend on him to be captain or not?

They both are quality players, very very english style of play(duh), and hopefully they will solve things off the field before it affects the English Team as a whole.. Though I don't see how that can happen.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 04 Feb 2010, 22:32

Well Terry said he had wanted to stay captain but him and Capello are having a meeting either tonight or tomorrow morning to decide so we should know soon.

And I agree, it should stay between them two but once teammates start picking sides, it's hard for it to stay between just them too.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 04 Feb 2010, 22:34

Vanessa Perroncel is her name: here she is..

Good looking but I've seen none famous girls that look much better. I definetly could have applied "bros before hos" to her.. Meaning, I would have thought with my bigger head, instead of with my smaller one.. She aint that hot Terry, god damn it!

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 04 Feb 2010, 22:37

LATEST UPDATE

Fabio Capello has phoned Wayne bridge to tell him that John Terry has lost the England captains armband, and if he wouldnt mind looking under his bed for it.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 04 Feb 2010, 22:39

ScottyBoy wrote:LATEST UPDATE

Fabio Capello has phoned Wayne bridge to tell him that John Terry has lost the England captains armband, and if he wouldnt mind looking under his bed for it.
And I suppose now I have to laugh super hard at that right :)?

just kidding man, good joke hahahahahahahaha :D

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 04 Feb 2010, 22:48

ScottyBoy wrote:LATEST UPDATE

I have to say, that was really funny. For a second I thought you had some news that I missed . . . then I read the end of the post :lol:

I'll admit I'm a John Terry fan. I love the way he plays as much as I'd like to see him stay as captain, it's probably not right. As long as Gerrard doesn't get it, then whatever.
I think Rooney could be a good captain. Am I saying that because I'm a United fan? maybe, but I think his passion for the game and for England would make him a great captain. He's really settled down in recent years and I think his personality would make him a suitable captain.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 04 Feb 2010, 22:53

Yeah, I was talking to some LIVERPOOL fans about it and they agreed with me on that. Rooney shares all the qualities of a captain. Passion, Heart, Good Player, wants the prize all the time, Work Horse, Leader, Motivator etc.

I think Rooney should be the captain if Terry is removed from that position..

But you know what I think more than that, if capello is smart, he'll ignore all the negative press, all the gossip, and he will keep terry captain.. It has nothing to do with the football field, its out of the field and there's where it should be handled.. If they wanna go 1 on 1 in a ring let them do so..

But it would be awkard if Capello removed the Captain band from Terry to give it to Rooney just cause the affair, it would likely affect England as a whole..