Adriano is BACKK!!!! Ronaldinho sort of.. Ronaldo 9 maybe!

Discuss and compare your favorite players

Who will play in South Africa 2010 (who will reach his top level)

Ronaldo 31 games - 19 goals
11%
Adriano 30 games 19 goals (already called by dunga 2)
33%
Ronaldinho few goals few assists doing better
33%
All three of them
22%

Total votes: 9

nick117
Veteran Member

i love how much hate you have for a player over his attitude when his talent is simply nothing less than astonishing most days.

panchester07
Veteran Member

nick117 wrote:i love how much hate you have for a player over his attitude when his talent is simply nothing less than astonishing most days.
Honestly, I think its "Im a man, I dont dive attitude".. Thats like saying "men dont cry" and old school attitudes..

I say to those Ronaldo haters (the ones that hate him for his looks and stuff) grow up dude.. The guys a super player, Top 3.. Just because he cares about his body doesnt mean you have to hate him as a player...

And if Ronaldo has to play Womens World Cup.. What would we have to play? Special Olympics?
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

2brown347
Veteran Member

I could give a sh*t if he's a pretty boy. So was beckham, I respect him for what he is as a player. As far as I'm concerned cr9 is over rated, and its not real men don't dive. Real players don't dive. I call him a women for the show he puts on after he dives.

and theres a difference in going down easy and going down with no contact.

panchester07
Veteran Member

2brown347 wrote:I could give a sh*t if he's a pretty boy. So was beckham, I respect him for what he is as a player. As far as I'm concerned cr9 is over rated, and its not real men don't dive. Real players don't dive. I call him a women for the show he puts on after he dives.

and theres a difference in going down easy and going down with no contact.
The point is.. you are wrong :D

On a serious note, who are we to say what a real player is and what it isnt.. Specially if that player plays in the best club in history.. Its like saying the pope isnt a real catholic, or Osama isnt a real taliban.. Who are we next to him? He has proven he is Class A player

shahensha
Veteran Member

Ofcourse we are nowhere close to these professionals, which is why they are called professionals. Brown is comparing Cronaldo, to other world class players not to ourselves.

And I agree with him. Take out the atheleticism, which will be the case a few years down the road and Cronaldo wont really be such an awe-inspring player. Yes, his erratic trigger-foot of a bullet, quick-step overs and an even quicker back-pass that subsequently follows along with it and his ideaology that "there is no 'I' in team but there is a 'M & E' and if it was upto me, I would put 'I' in team too" are great to watch though :roll:

panchester07
Veteran Member

Well he did say he deserved to play in the womens world cup :wink:

Did anyone see his goals today? First one, great team play, second one great individual game.. Then he wrecked it all by elbowing that malaga player..

And imo, most every player would disinprove with out his athleticism.. Ibrahimovic, with out his strength and power wouldnt do the things he does.. Messi without his acceleration and speed wouldnt beat all the players he beats.. Ronaldo, wouldnt score all the headers, or have the power...

But they all got 5-6 more years in them atleast.. They are new bllood

amu86

hes a great player, just not the best in the world.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Yeah, his goals were good but guti should be given the credit for creating the plays. Apart from the goals his level of play was very slack. Off-target rockets, missed passes, losing posession, general mucking around. It explains why he would get frustrated enough to try and elbow a defender twice and then break his nose on the third elbow. hahaha he has more red cards than assists.

Regardless, when atheleticism is gone, technique still stays. Messi doesnt run full speed at defenders, he uses touches to fake them out and use space properly. Look at ronaldinho. Many believe he is making a come-back. His speed has gone down significantly but his technique allows him to make such excellent dribbles.

amu86

Messi doesnt run full speed at defenders, he uses touches to fake them out and use space properly.
what do you mean by using touches to fake?

mint
EF Drug Baron

amu86 wrote:
Messi doesnt run full speed at defenders, he uses touches to fake them out and use space properly.
Like uses touches to try and confuse them, make it look like he off one way then the other.
i was made to ignite

KoNJa04
Veteran Member

mint wrote:
amu86 wrote:
Like uses touches to try and confuse them, make it look like he off one way then the other.
Messi doesnt use moves or tricks, hes not like Ronaldo doing step overs and chop cuts, all Messi is run at a quick pace with a great touch and control, its the simple things in the game that make the impact, not saying Ronaldo isnt good or that Messi is better, just Messi is the simple player and Ronaldo is more of a show-boater for attention, and they are both world-class

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07

mint
EF Drug Baron

KoNJa04 wrote:
mint wrote:
amu86 wrote: what do you mean by using touches to fake?
Messi doesnt use moves or tricks, hes not like Ronaldo doing step overs and chop cuts, all Messi is run at a quick pace with a great touch and control, its the simple things in the game that make the impact, not saying Ronaldo isnt good or that Messi is better, just Messi is the simple player and Ronaldo is more of a show-boater for attention, and they are both world-class
They both use different styles but are still masters at getting past people.
i was made to ignite