Underrated Players

Discuss and compare your favorite players
Rummandinho

Post by Rummandinho » 13 Aug 2010, 15:35

Thanks gascoigne67
amu86 wrote:sergio aguero! this guy i think is almost as good as messi.he should of started ahead of higuan in the world cup
Why is Messi considered the epitome of attacking football everywhere? Messi and Aguero are completely different players :|

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 13 Aug 2010, 17:21

Not that much. Similar dribbling style, both very very quick, just that aguero is right footed and Messi left. Aguero finishes more at the edge of the box, while Lio tends to dribble in to it. But dribblingwise, they are almost the same, and they both do it lots. Two of my fave. Cuts and gambetta all the way for both. I even think Kun is faster/quicker.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

amu86

Post by amu86 » 13 Aug 2010, 19:29

Rummandinho wrote:Thanks gascoigne67
amu86 wrote:sergio aguero! this guy i think is almost as good as messi.he should of started ahead of higuan in the world cup
Why is Messi considered the epitome of attacking football everywhere? Messi and Aguero are completely different players :|
i just think of aguero is like messi because they both dribble without tricks. and are both really fast.

gascoigne67

Post by gascoigne67 » 13 Aug 2010, 21:32

Yeah they both are similar. I think Aguero is more of a poacher/ natural goalscorer.

He can sniff out goals from all angles. Mess scored lots of goals last year partly because he is a freak and secondly because Xavis programming was 'give ball to messi', so he had plenty of it.

Aguero was made to be a striker. Messi an attacker

mr_dude

Post by mr_dude » 17 Aug 2010, 22:25

Messi is designed to assist a main striker. He dribbles, cuts inside, then sends one through for another player to score. Of course, he himself scores a sh*t load too, but he is better at making chances for his teammates.
Aguero is a completely different type of player. First of all, he doesn't like to dribble as much as Messi. It's rare to see him go on the 'beat 4 players, dribble halfway across the field, beat a few more player, then chip past goalie' runs. He's good enough to do them, but he's generally too high up the field. Aguero's dribbling is more 'beat 2 players just outside the box, then shoot'. He's a lethal finisher with both feet, he's faster than Messi, but his passing isn't as good.
Basically what gascoigne said.

As for Valdes, he's not a very good shot-stopper, but someone like Julio Cesar or Casillas would concede more goals than him. Exactly what shahensha said, Barca's defense is so high up the field that anyone who beats them will get a 1v1 against Valdes, so he has to stop it before it happens. He's always ready to intercept a long ball or kick the ball away, because he has to be, and it took him till he was 27 to properly learn how to do it. Better keepers would trust their saving skills, Valdes prefers to not need to make a save in the first place.
"A match isn't lost until after it's over." Me
"The greatest glory in life lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Nelson Mandella

amu86

Post by amu86 » 17 Aug 2010, 23:54

i say another underated player would be ashley young. hes the best player on aston villa. he has a great cost and isnt to bad at dribbling either. and can certainly finish when he gets the chance.