Underrated Players

Discuss and compare your favorite players
amu86

Post by amu86 » 25 Jan 2010, 12:31

HOLY CRAP

lamp_abi
New User

Post by lamp_abi » 25 Feb 2010, 07:34

I think there are several Tottenham players who are underrated, particularly among the Croatian crop. I secretly love Tottenham. Watching them play is my guilty pleasure. If my Chelsea boys learn about this, they'll get upset.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 25 Feb 2010, 20:27

lamp_abi wrote:I think there are several Tottenham players who are underrated, particularly among the Croatian crop. I secretly love Tottenham. Watching them play is my guilty pleasure. If my Chelsea boys learn about this, they'll get upset.
I can already tell that I'm going to like you. :P :D

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 25 Feb 2010, 21:37

He may be a spamming c*** and but at least he talks football.

PS I hate you and will eat your children.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 25 Feb 2010, 21:45

ScottyBoy wrote: PS I hate you and will eat your children.
Deep fried, I assume ?

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 25 Feb 2010, 21:48

ratherton wrote:
Deep fried, I assume ?
No room, too much pizza in there at the moment.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 25 Feb 2010, 22:06

ScottyBoy wrote:
ratherton wrote:
Deep fried, I assume ?
This may sound crazy, but have you thought of turning them into a pizza?

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 25 Feb 2010, 22:17

2brown347 wrote:
ScottyBoy wrote:
ratherton wrote: Deep fried, I assume ?
This may sound crazy, but have you thought of turning them into a pizza?
The last thing I want to do is come across as rude, but could I suggest the next time you jump into a cultural joke you understand the joke beforehand.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 25 Feb 2010, 22:33

I'd prefer not, but I will comply with a disclaimer if you choose to add one to post involving cultural jokes that aren't clearly cultural jokes.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 25 Feb 2010, 22:39

Never tried deep fried pizza. Had a deep fried Mars bar in Glasgow once after a wedding. Actually wasn't bad......or I was trashed.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 25 Feb 2010, 23:13

lol all i am gonna say here is that proper proportions of salt is key.

On an different note, I say Yaya Toure is underrated. He is definitely a phenomenal player with physical presence, deft technique and an intelligent versatility that allows an attacking midfielder to play as a CDM and CB as well. Although his defending is great, his attacking is superb. Apart from his passes, his dribbling and goal scoring ability is amazing. Imagine a giant messi? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc0ObtFNbwY This can help

It is sad that many think he is underrated, even Pep, who has been preferring Busquets over Toure throughout the season. I am personally getting tired of Busquet's antics on the field. He is good enough to be a back up for Toure not the other way around.

Ever since his transfer to Barcelona, he has been holding down the midfield in total lockdown. He allowed xavi and iniesta the freedom to wreak their creative havoc in midfield last season.

Perhaps during the beginning of the season Pep wanted to get used to a team without Toure, since he was featuring in the ACN later in the year. However, now that the ACN is over and Toure is back from injury, I really hope Pep starts him over Busquets.

I really believe Busquet starting over Toure is the reason behind the dip in form. Granted there is also the lack of a proper left winger, but we have been dealing with that since the final season of rijkaard's reign, when Ronaldinho stopped caring.

The pivot/CDM role is significant in Barcelona's football philosophy. Busquets nowhere close to start over Toure.

On a final note, I hate Busquets

sorry

end rant

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 25 Feb 2010, 23:21

shahensha wrote:
On a final note, I hate Busquets

sorry

end rant
haha i swear earlier in the season you were raving about how good he was
change of heart? :lol:

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 26 Feb 2010, 01:23

I actually did, but at that time he impressed me with his performances against atletico and inter. Now he is just getting very complacent and annoying. He suffers as many fouls as iniesta and messi. The latter two actually suffer fouls, this fool dives, which just gets on my nerves.

woah, this is very reminiscent of 08 when praise for henry and ronaldinho was followed by a scathing rant a few months later. Damn history and its repetetive quality.

FuturProo1996
Sophomore Member

Post by FuturProo1996 » 26 Feb 2010, 01:48

I actually did, but at that time he impressed me with his performances against atletico and inter. Now he is just getting very complacent and annoying. He suffers as many fouls as iniesta and messi. The latter two actually suffer fouls, this fool dives, which just gets on my nerves.
Dat is a lie!! bisketts use to be real good he did good vs athletaco and international milano but no he jus sux! now he dives to :x

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 26 Feb 2010, 02:00

He doesnt really suck. He has potential but he is very young. He doesnt have the wisdom and maturity to start for barcelona is an extremely significant position. Due to his physical weakness, he cant defend and mark as well as Toure, which leaves Xavi and Iniesta to help out in the defensive grunt work in the midfield. Sometimes he tries the "pass" instead of playing it simple. Toure knows when to keep it simple and when to thread the needle.

Pep sees something in Busquets from the days he has been coaching the youth team. However, he is not there yet. He should be second string at best not starting over Toure of all people.