united10
Veteran Member

Post by united10 » 06 Nov 2009, 03:49

Pichichi wrote:Obertan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRaXu0wD ... r_embedded

more of this to come...
this has everything he did in the game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR3uHuwwJCY

I'm really happy with Obertan. He has a lot of potential and seems to have a nice bit of skill. But he doesn't seem too confident yet. I'd say in a season or two he'll really be a keep player for united. i see big things for this boy.

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 06 Nov 2009, 04:43

well, obertan had a horrible epl debut against blackburn... i think the nerves must have got to him. but he looked alright in that game against moscow.

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 16 Nov 2009, 00:24

He looked very potential-ed against Chelsea. He almost pulled a fast one with the reverse stepover -> cruyff turn past Ivanovic but Ivanovic got a foot to it :(

mustahfa14

Post by mustahfa14 » 01 Dec 2009, 04:27

Huddlestone.

One of my favorite players oddly enough

INTER1908
Veteran Member

Post by INTER1908 » 01 Dec 2009, 18:29

When Gael Kakuta came in for Chelsea a couple of weeks ago I thought he made a pretty big impact.
Made by 2Brown.

terry3111
New User

Post by terry3111 » 18 Dec 2009, 09:55

INTER1908 wrote:When Gael Kakuta came in for Chelsea a couple of weeks ago I thought he made a pretty big impact.

Well also what from here follows?

mr_dude

Post by mr_dude » 05 Jan 2010, 01:31

It was a 50-50 between ressurecting this or starting a new topic, players to watch mk2.
Alright, we seem to have lost the plot a little (a lot :P), it was starting to get back on track, so that's nice. But just in case, I'll clarify.
My goal with this topic is to have a model of the ideal player, made up of the specialties of the top players. Basically I'm trying to make a list that has every little move or technique a player can possibly have, down to the most basic things, and the different players that are good at each and every aspect. Then, when it's good and ready, anyone could (hopefully) be able to find anything they're bad at, learn what player(s) is/are good at it, and know to watch out for that player doing that particular thing.
Back to the Crespo example when I started this topic, someone could have bad off-the-ball runs, so they'd check out this topic, look for off-the-ball runs, find it, see Crespo's name, and know to pay extra attention to his positioning the next game they see him in. Same with the long range shooting technique, the person could be like "hey, I can't shoot from outside the box, zomg Stankovic can! I'll watch his technique! Yay!"
So I guess this is sort of like the player attributes game, but I haven't looked at that topic in a while so I can't remember. Yes, I want the most specific of tasks, and I want someone who can do it outstandingly well, but (with no offence to whoever said it, I'm just using it as an example) something like player with the most potential is not usable, since that's not something you can learn from a player by watching them play. Then, we'll have the unrealistically long, impossible-to-navigate list of my dreams.
I hope that cleared things up a little. I do tend to be confusing with my descriptions, so don't be afraid to say "wtf are you talking about?"
Last edited by mr_dude on 05 Jan 2010, 03:43, edited 1 time in total.
"A match isn't lost until after it's over." Me
"The greatest glory in life lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Nelson Mandella

soccerjj

Post by soccerjj » 05 Jan 2010, 01:58

I think i get you (This is late so i havent got too much time to think)
Fastest: Abonglahor, Walcott. (Beckford Jk :D he is fast though ), pato pretty fast
Long Shots: Gerrard
Agility: Messi
Ball retention: Xavi
Dribbling: Messi
Skills: Ronaldinho, CR7
Finishing: RVN, Ronaldo fenom
Bravery: Terry
OTB: Owen???? (just isnt strong, quick enough and dosnt have that good finishing) , RVN, Inzaghi possibly
Crosses: Beckham
Through Balls: Riquelme :) (definately used to be) , fabregas
Endurance: Alves could sprint up and down right flank all night
Overall Physique (including pace,strength,balance, stamina etc): CR7

Pichichi

Post by Pichichi » 05 Jan 2010, 02:08

I personally think Özil is one player everyone should keep their eye on. Great player and will have a terrific future, no doubt

mustahfa14

Post by mustahfa14 » 05 Jan 2010, 02:12

Ok that clarifys everything.

Earlier I said Huddlestone. Watch how composed he is on the ball, and how he always looks for that dangerous ball. He plays simple..but if you pay attention, he always looks for that dangerous pass or shot. also watch how he uses his body to win the ball, and to keep it.

If you are looking for players that hold the ball (rarely lose it), and create because of it...watch for iniesta. Always a hassle to defend. Henry even said in one of his interviews "Ineista is the best trainer, this is because you can never take the call from him. Also watch how he always puts himself in a position to get the ball. YOu can look at xavi for the same thing.

I will do more soon. I like this topic though because I do this in every game. When my coach told me I was going to play a defensicve mid postion, I watched players like Alex Song, Yaya toure, and pirlo. I watched how they move off the ball, and how they play with the ball..or what kind of balls they would play. Very good way of learning positions, and learnig tactical aspects of thte game.

mr_dude

Post by mr_dude » 05 Jan 2010, 02:30

Yup, that's pretty much what I want. Have a cool smiley 8)
I'll add a few. This should really be on the first post...
Oh well.

First Touch:
Ground: Bergkamp, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo da Lima
Air: Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho, C. Ronaldo
To Beat Defenders: Aguero (when I think of Aguero, I get the image of him sprinting straight toward goal, getting a through ball, and without slowing down cutting the ball away from the defender with his first touch, then doing a sharp turn and shooting), C. Ronaldo

Passing:
Gorund Through: Zidane, Xavi, Fabragas, Ibrahimovic, Pirlo
Chipped Through: Cassano, Messi, Ronaldinho, Xavi
Long: Xabi Alonso, Beckham, Fabregas, Pirlo
Crossing: Beckham, Figo, Maicon
One-Touch: Xavi+Iniesta,

Shooting:
Finishing: Ronaldo da Lima, Batistuta, Henry, Crespo, D. Milito, F. Inzaghi, van Nistelrooy, Villa, Drogba
Smashing From Inside the Box: Eto'o, Batistuta, Defoe
Outside the Box: Gerrard, Lampard, Sneijder, Stankovic, C. Ronaldo, Kaka, Riquelme, Seedorf
From Really Far Out: Roberto Carlos, John Arne Riise
Free Kicks: http://www.expertfootball.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=15943 (shameless self-promotion :D)
Penalties:

Dribbling: (I'd rather a better dribbler than myself break it down thoroughly, so this is just a few things)
Control at Slow-Medium Speed: Messi, Maradona, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo da Lima, Kaka, Zidane, Figo, J. Zanetti, Cassano, Iniesta
Control at High Speed: Messi, Ronaldo da Lima, C. Ronaldo
Shielding: Ibrahimovic, J. Zanetti (while running), Adriano
Sharp Turns: Aguero, D. Milito
Fakes: C. Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Quaresma
Change of Pace: Messi, Ronaldo da Lima, Maradona, C. Ronaldo (usually from stand-still doing his stepovers to full speed in a blink), Aaron Lennon, Henry, Pato, Iniesta

Awareness:
Offensive Positioning: Crespo, Inzaghi, van Nistelrooy, Raul, Tomasso Rocchi
Defensive Positioning: Puyol, Chiellini, Cambiasso
Passing Options: See the passing section, +Huddlestone, Cambiasso, De Rossi

My brain is tired.
Maybe it would be a good idea to organize the attributes first before adding player, I noticed how messy it is right now when the passing things overlapped. I'll try to organize it later I guess, but I still need lots of help with this.
Last edited by mr_dude on 05 Jan 2010, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.
"A match isn't lost until after it's over." Me
"The greatest glory in life lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Nelson Mandella

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 05 Jan 2010, 17:06

I think that fabregas is a better long passer than Xavi, but thats just me, i love fab, hes a perfect midfielder for me.

One touch passing, xavi and inesta have to be up there when playing together.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 07 Jan 2010, 03:08

Not really. Fabregas wastes possession alot with those long balls. Xavi doesnt pull off long balls very often cause he has learned how to retain possession. He only does it when there is a good chance of finding the player. And its perfectly weighted that it finds the intended target without requiring the target to do much running.

ronaldinho's bicycle kick, messi's header (like that midget can actually head a ball) and messi's second goal against seattle sounders are a few examples of his accuracy.

INTER1908
Veteran Member

Post by INTER1908 » 07 Jan 2010, 03:17

shahensha wrote:Not really. Fabregas wastes possession alot with those long balls. Xavi doesnt pull off long balls very often cause he has learned how to retain possession. He only does it when there is a good chance of finding the player. And its perfectly weighted that it finds the intended target without requiring the target to do much running.

ronaldinho's bicycle kick, messi's header (like that midget can actually head a ball) and messi's second goal against seattle sounders are a few examples of his accuracy.
But Fabregas plays in England, that's what they do.
Made by 2Brown.