Is there a football race ?

Discuss and compare your favorite players
panchester07
Veteran Member

This is a question i have always asked myself.. In other sports, like basketball and american football, people of african origin happen to dominate these games profesionally.. while some extremist can argue Gasol, Larry bird, etc have been great white players the majority have been black. Same in football, the strongest, fastest most athleltic have been black.
Yet in football, there hasnt been such domination from any race. Pele is black, maradona is white. Ronaldo 9 is black (4/8 atleast) and Zidane is white.. Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo are caucasians but ronaldinho is (mestizo, mix of black white and native american i guess).. Writting is not my gift but i hope you get get my point?

My belief to this question is that yes, african origin people have more speed, hops, strength etc. But usually the caucasian player is smarter with more vision etc..

What are your thoughts on this???
and also some people are like oh hes not white, his from netherlands european.. or dont consider Kaka white just because hes not from ceratin countries.. White : Caucasian , Black : african american origin visible.....

sorry again if thiws is a mess ..!!!!

IS there a race that has an advantage in playing football or no?

sir_alex_vu

No, I don't think so.

Football is the world's game.

Everybody loves it.

Can't say no more, that's all there is to it.

panchester07
Veteran Member

thanks for the answer..
i think adebayour has more speed and strength than xavi, but due to evolution or whatever xavi has more vision, more control, more precision, maybe fine motor skills if you wish..
one white one black, so the compensation happens

Rolin_NDN
Sophomore Member

yeah but you have to remember its not completely race that counts although genetics is a factor. for example Brazil has produced great players both black and white because everyone plays soccer there from a young age while America has great basketball players and football players because a lot of people are playing. And then theres obviously the fact that no one is born with vision control etc but they all train for it. If brazil decided to stop playing soccer and make basketball there national sport, then in time it will also produce great players.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

I think African American players do have more speed because of the way they are built.

Heres an article that sorta talks about what your asking: http://www.jonentine.com/reviews/Daily_ ... 8_2000.htm
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

panchester07
Veteran Member

Genetics, in the form of having a higher proportion of "fast-twitch" fibres and more testosterone than whites, may predispose a black individual to run fast.
great find brow!!

woww amazing so thats why they so strong, that is such a great find, i think because she is black she defends her race a little bit, the truth is when it comes to physical strength they might be on top, but you have never seen a black swimmer have you, or cyclist, or jockey.... football (soccer) has been dominated by white people i think, 65 - 35 %...

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

panchester07 wrote:
Genetics, in the form of having a higher proportion of "fast-twitch" fibres and more testosterone than whites, may predispose a black individual to run fast.
great find brow!!

woww amazing so thats why they so strong, that is such a great find, i think because she is black she defends her race a little bit, the truth is when it comes to physical strength they might be on top, but you have never seen a black swimmer have you, or cyclist, or jockey.... football (soccer) has been dominated by white people i think, 65 - 35 %...
I actually read that black people suck at swimming because of their build.....they are topheavy
"Studies have shown that athletes of West African origin hit a biomechanical wall after about 45 seconds of intense, anaerobic activity (distances longer than 400-meters in sprinting and all
measurable distances in swimming, in which Africans are believed to be
genetically disadvantage on average) when aerobic skills come into
play."

"Relative advantages in these physiological and biomechanical
characteristics are a gold mine for athletes who compete in such
anaerobic activities as football, basketball, and sprinting, sports in
which West African blacks clearly excel. However, they also pose
problems for athletes who might want to compete as swimmers (heavier
skeletons and smaller chest cavities could be drags on performance) or
in cold-weather and endurance sports."
It might also be because of their upbringing. I never really see African Americans at the beach or at public pools here in America....why becasue its a pain if they get their hair wet, and they don't tan.....that might be a factor also.[/quote]
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

Evan
Veteran Member

No IMO. I mean people argue that black people are faster sprinters etc. And that is true, look at Usain Bolt and Asafa Powell and Tyson Gay, they are amazing athletes. But in footy it's different, Torres can outrun many black players, white players, all types of players, as can Ronaldo. Look at Drogba, he is amazing and he uses his strength well combined with his skill, look at Rafa Marquez, he is an amazing CB. All races are good.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Evan wrote:No IMO. I mean people argue that black people are faster sprinters etc. And that is true, look at Usain Bolt and Asafa Powell and Tyson Gay, they are amazing athletes. But in footy it's different, Torres can outrun many black players, white players, all types of players, as can Ronaldo. Look at Drogba, he is amazing and he uses his strength well combined with his skill, look at Rafa Marquez, he is an amazing CB. All races are good.
but most african americans are superior athletically. but I don't believe race has anything to do with technical skill or menatl and tactical things. I just think African Americans have an advantage because they can run faster and jump higher...

Kasaki
Veteran Member

MUFC1994 wrote:
Evan wrote:No IMO. I mean people argue that black people are faster sprinters etc. And that is true, look at Usain Bolt and Asafa Powell and Tyson Gay, they are amazing athletes. But in footy it's different, Torres can outrun many black players, white players, all types of players, as can Ronaldo. Look at Drogba, he is amazing and he uses his strength well combined with his skill, look at Rafa Marquez, he is an amazing CB. All races are good.
but most african americans are superior athletically. but I don't believe race has anything to do with technical skill or menatl and tactical things. I just think African Americans have an advantage because they can run faster and jump higher...
dont give me that garbage, am african , not african american, pure african nigerian and althought am fast am not strong, my build is slim, but many white american soccer players are big as far as height and cocky lol I overpower then with technique staying low etc

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Kasaki wrote:
MUFC1994 wrote:
dont give me that garbage, am african , not african american, pure african nigerian and althought am fast am not strong, my build is slim, but many white american soccer players are big as far as height and cocky lol I overpower then with technique staying low etc
what garbage???? I am not a racist.... I'm just sticking to the facts....most Black people have an athletic advanatge. I didn't say that black people can't play footy. I didn't say they have bad technique....I just said they are usually faster

Evan
Veteran Member

Which is true...and it's not like he's insulting the black race so calm down.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

soccer11
Admin

I don't think it has much to do with strength because strength can be acquired by going to the gym and whatnot. Speed on the other hand is different. Like the cliche goes, "you can't teach speed". You can add a little speed, but not speed like that. I believe it's true, people of african descent are faster generally. Of course there's some exceptions both ways, but you can kind of take a guess.

Kasaki
Veteran Member

I wasnt freaking out :shock: I said dont give me that garbage, lol I didnt bring up racism, or use exclamation marks lol . Speed is proved to be by genetics, some are born fast but those who lack in speed usually have great technique

klc123
Veteran Member

I personally think the argument of speed been genetic is aloud of crap.

Obviously you can have a headstart over someone from genetics, but theres no reason that someone whos white cannot be as fast as a jamican if they wanted to be, they would just have to train harder and better which is ultimately what everything comes down to...

The thing about been genetically fat is a load of rubbish too, yes some people are born with slower metabolism's, but you can change your metabolism by eating healthly and doing lots of exercise.