Chelsea have just bought....

Discuss and compare your favorite players
ratherton
Veteran Member

Chelsea have just bought....

Post by ratherton » 03 Sep 2009, 15:28

We won't be seeing any topics starting like that for a while :D

Serves them right. Well done FIFA (I can't believe I just wrote that)

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 03 Sep 2009, 15:32

Lack of source or further information leads me to offer this as proof :P :

http://www.world-biggest-news.com/chels ... r-dispute/

Apparently, we tampered with Kakuta's contract. I don't have all the deals yet, and my opinion is biased, so I'm not gonna say a lot on the topic. Only thing I have to point out is lack of consistency again. You aren't going to tell me Man. U. didn't tamper with Berba before he signed, and other clubs haven't done the same thing in the past.

Regardless, a two period ban is utterly retarded. I hope to see some clemency exercised in an appeal, at least. One window is fair.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 03 Sep 2009, 16:11

I think its a load of bulls**t that will be apealed and overturned in no time at all.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 03 Sep 2009, 16:20

I think it'll be reduced on appeal but it certainly won't be overturned. FIFA have given the same punishment to Roma and a Swiss club (Sion, I think) in the past.

Until the appeal, I'm just going to laugh at Chelsea as it is very funny.

Talking about laughing at football teams, do you fancy Scotlands chances of picking up enough points on Saturday and Wednesday?

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 04 Sep 2009, 06:59

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 04 Sep 2009, 17:22

Wow and I thought Dudu's 2 match ban was harsh...
Glad to see FIFA are doing something about all the bulls**t that swims around in football

This could make or destroy Chealsa, depends on how much they current on developing current and future players

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 05 Sep 2009, 01:09

Destroy? Bah, we don't need an transfers at the moment. People talk about Chelsea as if it is ancient, but only Ballack is really old. Most of the youth is out on loan. We sold as many players as bought this summer.

All roads lead to Rome.

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 09 Sep 2009, 03:26

it's still going to hurt the team regardless. Let's say Chelsea drop down too 5th place once January comes around. They won't be able to just buy someone to give them a boost. They'll need to ride it out and hope they improve. I won't say it'll destroy Chelsea, but it could set them back, depending how their season is going.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 09 Sep 2009, 13:26

That is true, s11. We'll just have to hope the run of play continues up to Christmas and into January without any major point-droppings. We could still do some internal shuffling of the deck if we were playing poorly without bringing someone in, but it still could pose a problem.

All roads lead to Rome.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 09 Sep 2009, 21:17

I think this is hilarious.

Sepp Blatter's Fifa punished Chelsea because they feel they have to make sure contracts are honoured.

This is the same Sepp Blatter that described footballers contracts as "modern day slavery" when Ronaldo was "tapped up" and wasnt allowed to leave Man Utd

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 10 Sep 2009, 00:08

ScottyBoy wrote:I think this is hilarious.

Sepp Blatter's Fifa punished Chelsea because they feel they have to make sure contracts are honoured.

This is the same Sepp Blatter that described footballers contracts as "modern day slavery" when Ronaldo was "tapped up" and wasnt allowed to leave Man Utd
Very good point which I haven't seen raised anywhere else yet.

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 11 Sep 2009, 10:40

I heard they signed the young Frenchman Transfre M'Bargo. :)
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 16 Sep 2009, 01:47

The problem when January comes around is the African Nations Cup, and Chelsea houses one of the biggest rosters of Africans, which means they are pretty damn screwed when that happens.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 16 Sep 2009, 03:38

Part of the ruling is that they are also banned from recalling any players currently out on loan. Those players can only return when the loan period is finished.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 16 Sep 2009, 05:59

I heard that from the time they get the offical (or whatever) they have __ days to submit their appeal which will take at least 4 months to go thru and during which time the ban isn't in place so they might be able to buy tin January. IDK if that really is the case tho