Why Michael....?

Discuss and compare your favorite players
Post Reply
Anymi
Veteran Member
Posts: 781
Joined: 21 Dec 2007, 20:09

Post

WHY MICHAEL...?

As a firm favourite of his and a LPool supporter im devoed.

What do you think of this

2brown347
Veteran Member
Posts: 3339
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 04:15

Post

because playing for man u is a lot better than playing for stoke?

udinese20
Senior Member
Posts: 133
Joined: 25 Oct 2008, 12:00

Post

Disgrace... It's not just how he's playing for United (as a fomer Liverpool player), it's how many clubs he has ditched and turned his back on.

at Liverpool- Well they pretty much made him who he is today.. he started in their Youth Academy and he went on to make over 200 appearances for them.

The he goes to Real Madrid wanting 'to play in the Champion's League on a regular basis' (kinda ironic that Liverpool won it when he left) but after being replaced, Newcastle virtually came to his rescue by being the only club to meet RM's demands and then finally when things got tough for Newcastle (which Owen barely helped with his goal droughts and injuries), he left for Liverpool's rivals, United.

That's just the way i see it, and no, im not a Liverpool die hard or anything so don't call me sour, but what he did was and is shameful.

ronaldoR7
Senior Member
Posts: 198
Joined: 04 Jun 2008, 10:37

Post

I dont know what ferguson was thinking but whatever he is thinking michael is a mere shadow of the former player he was .

chicagofirefan
Veteran Member
Posts: 789
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 01:22

Post

udinese20 wrote:he left for Liverpool's rivals, United.
Liverpools Rival is Stoke...

user1101
Junior Member
Posts: 92
Joined: 23 Apr 2008, 00:20

Post

you guys have it all wrong

this is agent Owen, he will bring United down from the inside :)

shahensha
Veteran Member
Posts: 2528
Joined: 15 Nov 2006, 03:38
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada

Post

Genius! The top 4 will be different now.

udinese20
Senior Member
Posts: 133
Joined: 25 Oct 2008, 12:00

Post

shahensha wrote:Genius! The top 4 will be different now.
I honestly don't know if that's sarcasm :? but.. if he didn't do much to keep Newcastle up (10 goals in 31 appearances last season), i don't see how he's going to change the top 4.. He isn't exactly a Fernando or Drogba (anymore) is he?

ratherton
Veteran Member
Posts: 2872
Joined: 29 Oct 2005, 18:41

Post

ronaldoR7 wrote:I dont know what ferguson was thinking but whatever he is thinking michael is a mere shadow of the former player he was .
He scored more than Tevez last season.

I think it could be a stunning signing and at last it gives Owen a realistic chance to win the title. Something he has never had before in England.

If he wasn't fit, he wouldn't have passed a medical.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member
Posts: 1227
Joined: 30 Jun 2008, 17:30

Post

ratherton wrote:
ronaldoR7 wrote:I dont know what ferguson was thinking but whatever he is thinking michael is a mere shadow of the former player he was .
He scored more than Tevez last season.

I think it could be a stunning signing and at last it gives Owen a realistic chance to win the title. Something he has never had before in England.

If he wasn't fit, he wouldn't have passed a medical.
Well no one wants an Owen Jersey......

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... nd&cc=5901
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member
Posts: 1692
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 15:39

Post

Ive yet to see any real liverpool or united supporters to complain about this signing yet.

United have made a good signing, they understand that, and if liverpool had offered owen a contract im sure he would have gone back but it seems they didnt
Image

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

RT90
Sophomore Member
Posts: 41
Joined: 11 Oct 2008, 23:11

Post

his role next year is really just going to be as an impact sub on the bench, which was Tevez's role last season. Only that Owen will be happy just to be part of the team. Fergie has always been looking for someone who could be like Solskaer.
Image

Hugh
Veteran Member
Posts: 2863
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 20:26
Location: Vancouver

Post

I don't particularly care, the way I see it now they've got two strikers who can't run. Poor Rooney is going to have to work sooooooooo hard next season

udinese20
Senior Member
Posts: 133
Joined: 25 Oct 2008, 12:00

Post

MUFC1994 wrote:
ratherton wrote:
ronaldoR7 wrote:I dont know what ferguson was thinking but whatever he is thinking michael is a mere shadow of the former player he was .
He scored more than Tevez last season.

I think it could be a stunning signing and at last it gives Owen a realistic chance to win the title. Something he has never had before in England.

If he wasn't fit, he wouldn't have passed a medical.
Well no one wants an Owen Jersey......

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... nd&cc=5901

Why would anyone buy an Owen jersey when they haven't even released his number? Or because the new jersey hasn't arrived yet?

Obviously no one wants to be ripped off by buying an Owen jersey that 1. possibly has the wrong number and 2. Is last seasons jersey. I think that's the only reason why no one would've bought them.

Post Reply