Fernando Torres

Discuss and compare your favorite players
Anymi
Veteran Member

Fernando Torres

Post by Anymi » 22 Apr 2009, 04:49

From what I have seen the guy has scored 13 in something like 20 appearances (both cameo and starts) aka. 0.65 goals a game. This is out of this world. Has any other player in the Prem done this, this year. He is very consistent. According to Wikipedia and its calculations he has the best game to goal ratio ever for people who played over 50 games 1.45 games to get a goal. Same as Andy Cole.

Although not leading the scoring charts he is only two goals off golden boot winner having played only like half the games this year.

Sorry just wanted to say this.

Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh » 22 Apr 2009, 14:28

Torres has been fantastic this year, really great buy from Benitez... However Benayoun I think is turning into another great player and I think we could definitely see more from him in terms of starting in the next couple of years...

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 22 Apr 2009, 17:49

Hugh wrote:Torres has been fantastic this year, really great buy from Benitez... However Benayoun I think is turning into another great player and I think we could definitely see more from him in terms of starting in the next couple of years...
Yeah Torres is amazing. I mean there is no question that he is one of if not the top striker in the world IMO.

Also Benayoun is clutch. He always seems to score at the right time when his team needs a goal the most.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 22 Apr 2009, 19:19

Hugh wrote:Torres has been fantastic this year, really great buy from Benitez...
He cost £24m !!!! I wouldn't expect anything less than a top quality striker for that sort of money

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

Collins91

Post by Collins91 » 22 Apr 2009, 20:51

Then would you say Berbatov was a poor buy on Fergusons's part?

16 starts, 13 league goals. Those other 4 games were chasing fitness and one of them he only lasted 10 minutes in.
Amazing player. Just wish he stopped being such a wimp on the pitch lately when being tackled.

Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh » 22 Apr 2009, 22:04

ratherton wrote:
Hugh wrote:Torres has been fantastic this year, really great buy from Benitez...
He cost £24m !!!! I wouldn't expect anything less than a top quality striker for that sort of money
Fine, a relatively great buy from Benitez

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

Post by barcahooligan » 22 Apr 2009, 22:16

and to think Berbatov cost 30m............what a bust.....
sig by 2brown347

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 23 Apr 2009, 00:09

barcahooligan wrote:and to think Berbatov cost 30m............what a bust.....
Send him back to Spurs and we'll see him and Keane rape shizz up again :D

Anymi
Veteran Member

Post by Anymi » 23 Apr 2009, 01:19

Berbatov is great and could perhaps be worth the money.

Incredibly lazy, i love that about him but he is not world class like Torres.

I have never seen Berba win a game singlehandedly, full stop. Alot of his goals are tap ins with the score being 3-0 already. There I said it.

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 23 Apr 2009, 05:26

Anymi wrote:Berbatov is great and could perhaps be worth the money.

I have never seen Berba win a game singlehandedly, full stop. Alot of his goals are tap ins with the score being 3-0 already. There I said it.
I hate Berbatov. I think Tevez should be playing more. He does more for the team and actually comes back. When you have Berbatov and cronaldo out there, then that's two players who don't come back and we can't have that. Berbatov has the better first touch, but Tevez is a game changer with his movement on and off the ball and that's what we're missing at the moment. I really hope Tevez signs back with us this summer and sir Alex comes to his senses and plays him more. That, or hopefully Berba gets injured or something.

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 23 Apr 2009, 10:52

Torres is one of the worlds best strikers atm if not the best, hes on top form at the moment and his finishing is just ace.

Hes a right player on football manager as well.
i was made to ignite

james_torres9

torres

Post by james_torres9 » 23 Apr 2009, 13:43

the thing i have certainly noticed this season is the amount of goals torres has scored from the head, usually we are used to seeing him guiding the ball passed the keeper with a great shot but he has defineately improved heading and it has paid off
sig by messi14

Anymi
Veteran Member

Post by Anymi » 24 Apr 2009, 03:37

He was always brilliant at heading the ball, he is an allround finisher, very quick and a good mover, can also make great passes, has great control and can shield the ball.

He works hard and tracks back too.

I think he sometimes he has a heavy first touch or doesnt have much variety in the dribbling aspect

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 24 Apr 2009, 15:59

soccer11 wrote:
Anymi wrote:Berbatov is great and could perhaps be worth the money.

I hate Berbatov. I think Tevez should be playing more. He does more for the team and actually comes back. When you have Berbatov and cronaldo out there, then that's two players who don't come back and we can't have that. Berbatov has the better first touch, but Tevez is a game changer with his movement on and off the ball and that's what we're missing at the moment. I really hope Tevez signs back with us this summer and sir Alex comes to his senses and plays him more. That, or hopefully Berba gets injured or something.
I agree with you 100%. I've never even seen Berba run full speed. It just looks like he is going through the motions. At least CR runs at full speed when he gets the ball. But Berba is very good at holding the ball and finding a pass because of his strength. But I hope Tevez becomes a starter again with Rooney. I enjoy watching Rooney and Tevez play together....
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

Post by barcahooligan » 24 Apr 2009, 21:07

i could have taken a better penalty kick with my weak foot than Berbatov did in the FA quarter against Everton........it is amazing how he can be playing for one of the greatest clubs in the world with his attitude and work rate.......it's pathetic........
sig by 2brown347