Ji Sung Park

Discuss and compare your favorite players
soccer11
Admin

fir_nev wrote:
soccer11 wrote:i wouldn't say he's playing a bigger role as much as hes just filling in. Once everyone's back he won't play that much.
I do agree with U on this one. Sir Alex used him to mark Messi personally and I thought he could go on to be featured in the Final against Chelsea, sadly no. He just offers the irritation for opponents to hurry their passing and chance to settle down while he is not tactically good.

I really admire his work ethic.
definitely, I won't take anything away from his work ethic. . . I just don't think he's all that good.

bom1221

soccer11 wrote:
bom1221 wrote:i think he needs to throw in a little bt more footwork and develope his own style now that he is playing a bigger role in manchester united
i wouldn't say he's playing a bigger role as much as hes just filling in. Once everyone's back he won't play that much.
well then i guess just for the time being lol
and i agree, he's relly nothing special

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

i think he is actually improving a lot he played really well against tottenham and everton. And his work ethic and his hustle is amazing.... I hope he keeps improving because he could turn into a really good holding/defensive mid. Also he marks everyone and is super annoying for the other team. I like him but he is not great. Since Fergie is trying to improve his asian fan base i would have rather seen him get Nakamura (celtic) cause his freekicks are pretty sick. And he is lefty. So for a freekick we would have so many options nakamura tevez of ronaldo... But you can't not love Park's drive and determination.
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

SheepKeep
New User

Park is pretty fast on the pitch when it counts. I'm of a similar mind as Had2b, he's one of the guys on MU that I don't hate. A useful addition to any offense.

ItsRJ
New User

he is a really cool guy. and a great player. i think i saw on a video that he hasnt missed a single practice for man u

bettmufc
New User

he has an incredible work ethic, hence the nickname three lung park. he isn't most skillful player by any means and can sometimes have a bad touch here and there, but he does works really hard for the team and does the job he is needed to do. also i think its impressive how he seems to always step in and preform well even though he isnt a regular starter for manchester united.

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Last season, I was impressed by his improved finishing. I thought he must have gotten some guidance, got to know he did ask Solskjaer.

nick117
Veteran Member

fir_nev wrote:Last season, I was impressed by his improved finishing. I thought he must have gotten some guidance, got to know he did ask Solskjaer.
what finishing he got like what 2 goals and missed from point blank in the champions league final.

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

nick117 wrote: what finishing he got like what 2 goals and missed from point blank in the champions league final.
The Barca defence did a good job blocking his effort. I am just hoping he can improve his creativity and passing attributes further.

nick117
Veteran Member

you have a good point but this one was still 1 ft from goal with only valdes on the ground infront of him.

sir_alex_vu

I'm pretty sure that it would be blocked if Valdes was in front of the ball, which he was.

Yes, he can be erratic at times. But as a fellow Asian, it's remarkable to see another playing with the best players in the world.

He's really come through when United needed him the most though.

Plus, the new contract extension up until 2013 has got to be saying something on how Fergie looks at him.

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

I used to casually follow Park a few years ago, not only because he plays the same position as me, but because he works as hard as I do. However, I havn't seen him play recently and have two questions about his current form:

Through his hardwork and willingness to pass (even if its "too much"), does he still make players around him look good?

How often does he turn the ball over?
My Architecture Blog(updated 02-12-13)