Ji Sung Park

Discuss and compare your favorite players
soccerboy37
New User
Posts: 19
Joined: 03 Sep 2008, 02:39

Post

In my opinion, I think he is definitely the hardest working player. He has amazing stamina and always plays with his full effort. He has never been disappointing, but has been injured many times. His nickname is "three lungs park" or "the oxygen tank"

You can see who he is if you don't know him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ersPrWW0 ... annel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaFLw9Hh ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbdM21Sa ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSkvKK3z ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSd-RAWV ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SrWII_U ... re=related

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member
Posts: 935
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 06:45

Post

I like Park as well, he's one of the few players at Manchester that I don't hate. Like you said, he works hard and he does his job. I was disappointed when Sir Alex didnt put him in the squad in the Champions league final.
Image
Sig by me

messi14
Senior Member
Posts: 133
Joined: 16 Jan 2008, 04:28

Post

ya i agree hes definetly one of my favorite players on manchester, and i even wear his shoes, the ones in your avatar soccerboy.
Image

2brown347
Veteran Member
Posts: 3339
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 04:15

Post

I actually disagree with you guys/gal, I don't think he's a bad player but I don't enjoy watching him play at all and I don't think he's up to Man U caliber. He'd be more suited for a mid table team IMO.

And this is my opinion so if you disagree feel free to state why, but don't go all on the offensive :roll:

soccer11
Admin
Posts: 4870
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA

Post

I was about to type that too. I don't really like him. I get nervous. I don't think his touch is good at all. he has some flashes of brilliance between stretches of mediocrity (compared to everyone else that is)
Image

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member
Posts: 2959
Joined: 25 May 2005, 21:36
Location: New York, USA

Post

I'd say he is an above average player based on his skill level. Also, when you think about it, he is surrounded by top class players since he does play for Manchester United so he doesn't seem great when stacked up next to these players. I do like his drive and never-give-up attitude. Also he is a fair player. He doesn't dive or play dirty. He is a respectable player IMO.
Image

Hugh
Veteran Member
Posts: 2863
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 20:26
Location: Vancouver

Post

He's only at Man United so that Fergie can turn even more of the extensive asian fan base he has into profits.

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member
Posts: 2159
Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 20:15

Post

I think... Park is a hard worker, but he lacks the characteristics which makes a winger.

For one point, he can't dribble. Look at most players, how they dribble, it's a pretty smooth motion. But him, it looks like he's pouncing on the ball everytime he dribbles. Second, he's not confident, he doesn't go for goal alot of the time. Third, he's not really creative, he reminds me of those players who just take two touches then passes it off.

These qualities add him up to basically becoming a holding midfielder. Hard working, poor dribbling, passing whenever the ball comes to him/her. But with Carrick, Fletcher, and Hargreaves in that role, I don't think Fergie will ever give him the chance to play that role.

tevezaholic
Veteran Member
Posts: 1565
Joined: 13 Feb 2008, 18:54

Post

park is class...works so hard for manu,unlike berbatove who loafs..sometimes i wonder if he doesnt get tired
Oh crap,missed me bus!!
Image

neoExodus
Senior Member
Posts: 186
Joined: 16 Sep 2008, 18:08

Post

brown and soccer11, lol, btw what do you think of Oshea?
Image

soccer11
Admin
Posts: 4870
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA

Post

neoExodus wrote:brown and soccer11, lol, btw what do you think of Oshea?
yea? what's up?

and I like O'shea usually. I think he's a very versatile player and important to Man U because of all the positions he can play?
Image

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3852
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post

Kakasgotskillz wrote:I think... Park is a hard worker, but he lacks the characteristics which makes a winger.

For one point, he can't dribble. Look at most players, how they dribble, it's a pretty smooth motion. But him, it looks like he's pouncing on the ball everytime he dribbles. Second, he's not confident, he doesn't go for goal alot of the time. Third, he's not really creative, he reminds me of those players who just take two touches then passes it off.

These qualities add him up to basically becoming a holding midfielder. Hard working, poor dribbling, passing whenever the ball comes to him/her. But with Carrick, Fletcher, and Hargreaves in that role, I don't think Fergie will ever give him the chance to play that role.
NO CREATIVITY? NO DRIBBLING SKILLS? DIDNT YOU SEE HIM IN PSV EINDHOVEN? HE WAS A MARTIAN DRIBBLING AND CREATIVE WISE,
NO CONFIDENCE??????
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIzZwyA52A8
watch this, i hope this enlightens you, im leaving
ignorance is contagious :D

jk

bom1221
Senior Member
Posts: 147
Joined: 01 Jan 1970, 00:00

Post

i think he needs to throw in a little bt more footwork and develope his own style now that he is playing a bigger role in manchester united

soccer11
Admin
Posts: 4870
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA

Post

bom1221 wrote:i think he needs to throw in a little bt more footwork and develope his own style now that he is playing a bigger role in manchester united
i wouldn't say he's playing a bigger role as much as hes just filling in. Once everyone's back he won't play that much.
Image

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks
Posts: 2175
Joined: 10 Mar 2005, 09:25
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post

soccer11 wrote:i wouldn't say he's playing a bigger role as much as hes just filling in. Once everyone's back he won't play that much.
I do agree with U on this one. Sir Alex used him to mark Messi personally and I thought he could go on to be featured in the Final against Chelsea, sadly no. He just offers the irritation for opponents to hurry their passing and chance to settle down while he is not tactically good.

I really admire his work ethic.
Image

Post Reply