Kaka to Man City

Discuss and compare your favorite players
INTER1908
Veteran Member

I really kind of hope they don't sell him; I would much rather Inter be playing one Kaka than playing 5 mini Kakas in the next derby match.
Made by 2Brown.

ratherton
Veteran Member

This topic was being discussed on the radio last night. They interviewed a guy from a sports website in the Middle East and he said the following things:

- This deal is practically complete
- The guys who own Man City have ear-marked £1bn (billion) to invest in the club
- Money is no object if they want something. That is how things work for the ultra-rich in the Middle East.
- Once Kaka has been signed, they will bid for two other major players in the Premier League in the next couple of weeks. They believe they will have more chance of convincing other quality players to join once Kaka is on board.

For anyone Man U, Liverpool etc fans who think all this money is bad for football, this is exactly what the rest of football has been suffering for years while your lot of been milking all the TV and Champions League money.

Isn't it great to know that if you have quality players then some can just wave a cheque-book and there is nothing you can do.

With regards the two players that will attract bids, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them is Gerrard...especially considering the off field issues at Liverpool. If Man City offer £100m for him, the owners won't turn it down.

INTER1908
Veteran Member

ratherton wrote:This topic was being discussed on the radio last night. They interviewed a guy from a sports website in the Middle East and he said the following things:

- The guys who own Man City have ear-marked £1bn (billion) to invest in the club
- Money is no object if they want something. That is how things work for the ultra-rich in the Middle East.
- Once Kaka has been signed, they will bid for two other major players in the Premier League in the next couple of weeks. They believe they will have more chance of convincing other quality players to join once Kaka is on board.

For anyone Man U, Liverpool etc fans who think all this money is bad for football, this is exactly what the rest of football has been suffering for years while your lot of been milking all the TV and Champions League money.

Isn't it great to know that if you have quality players then some can just wave a cheque-book and there is nothing you can do.

With regards the two players that will attract bids, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them is Gerrard...especially considering the off field issues at Liverpool. If Man City offer £100m for him, the owners won't turn it down.
Do you think they will make a bid for Zlatan?
Made by 2Brown.

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

ratherton wrote:This topic was being discussed on the radio last night. They interviewed a guy from a sports website in the Middle East and he said the following things:

I dont see it happening, not Steven Gerrard. He practically is Liverpool, and at the moment they are doing so well in the league, he wouldnt leave. Chelsea tried this before and it didnt work. They should be going for people like Ronaldo who would leave at the drop of a hat for that sort of money. I dont think him leaving liverpool will help his assault charges anyway, he is a 1 club man and probably always will be.

james_torres9

gerrard wouldnt leave liverpool now with the position there in and also he and torres are good friends and i think torres would leave before gerrard does

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Ronaldo wouldn't leave manu for man city the reason Ronaldo wanted to go to madrid is A) its always been one of his dreams and B) he has accomplished everything there is to accomplish in the EPl. So why would he leave to go to a team that has no chance of winning anything this year and might get relegated??? When Ronaldo has a shot at the treble.
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

Jboogey

They should be going for people like Ronaldo who would leave at the drop of a hat for that sort of money.
Lol this is so untrue but so funny, you guys really hate cristiano. He's not gonna leave ManU to go to city,MUFC1994 took the words out of my mouth lol...
"Skill is in the foot not whats on it" - New Born Prodigy

Soccerfury

If they land Kaka they might go for Messi next. I think getting messi would be impossible because not only is he the most loyal player to barcelona, but also hes the reason they are so successful this season.

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

..................................................................................................

Sigh.

As a huge Kaka' fan, I can tell you this disturbing series of news has nearly broken me down to tears. Why does money run the world first of all? Forget the negative facts that Man City are currently, what 14th in the league or something, they're not gonna land any good players cuz no teams wanna sell their key talismans (Del Piero, Messi, Villa, Fabregas, Buffon, etc.), and the fact that they DONT EVEN PLAY A SYSTEM WITH AN ATTACKING MIDFIELDER, WHY THE MONEY?

Like that "calcio debate" thing on goal.com states, Milan is a team with a long background of history, with many greats playing for them. Man City, okay they have a decent team, but what do they have to brag about? Over the years, Kaka' has earned himself great status within the San Siro crowd, and established himself as a SYMBOL for Milan (much like Paolo Maldini). Sure, like I've said before, Kaka's style has changed drastically since the 2006-2007 season, the style which earned him Player of the Year and every award possible in all respects, but the goals fly in, his genius brought to work countlessly over the last 2 seasons. Who does that remind you of? A certain fellow I know by the name of Andriy Shevchneko.

Let's reference him. Shevchenko, also won the Player of the Year in 2004 or 2005 or something like that, almost won Milan the Champs League again, and almost won them the Scudetto. He was also amazing, clinical finisher in all respects. Then, he was brought to Chelsea, where he pretty much hit the bottom of the bottom in his career, barely managing any appearances, let alone goals. Now, even as he comes back to Milan, he's a shadow of his former self. Why did he go there? Easy. MONEY.

If Kaka' ends up going to the Premier League, chances are Man City will bring his form lower and lower, as they do not even require the second striker/attacking midfielder role, and lack teammates who can support him, as they're a team that likes to "move into" their opponents by closing their opponents in around them like a circle, then just crossing and getting goals. Kaka', 1) slalom runs, his "trademark" (since 2006-2007), require quick counterattacks, which City are incapable of,

2) crosses, notice how in attacking situations, Kaka' always pulls back a bit when Milan are attacking hard in the final (to around the top of the box, if the strikers and midfielders alike were in the box), why? Because Kaka' isnt a player whom can deal with crosses as well as other strikers, he needs the ball away from his head, and more than likely at or ahead of his feet so he can hit it. Man City plays crosses, what is Kaka' gonna do (even if they adjust the system to play Kaka' in), Man City (whenever they realize it) revolves around Petrov, and Ireland and their abilities dribble down the wings and to play in crosses, to whomever is in the middle to head home. Where is Kaka' in all of that? Waiting at the top of the 18 after some defender clears it all the way to half? That's not Kaka'.

So fu** this 120 million dollar bulls**t. Kaka' is essential, e-s-s-e-n-tial to Milan, the way him and Pato coordinate (I agree with this "Kaka cant play with Ronnie" business). Without that, Milan will be left with less talent, less "youth", and I can almost guarantee you they'll plummet without Kaka'. Just because Italian clubs arent as rich as the huge cash dumping fiends in the so-called big leagues, doesn't mean the talent there will be the talent elsewhere. The negatives of Kaka' leaving will forever outweight 120 million wads of cash on a scale, and I will pretty much give up on Man City (if I haven't done so already) and Kaka' if the deal goes through...

I'm gonna need some backup here so what I say sounds profound cuz I just wrote whatever came to mind.

Soccerfury

Kakagotskillz, i think Milan are forcing Kaka out of the club...i mean that is a lot of money and Kaka expressed his interests of staying at the club until he becomes capitan and grows old at the club.

I read an article at goal.com that said Kaka was spotted crying in the town...maybe its because he doesn't want to leave and is being forced out??? Also Real Madrid just made a late bid matching Man City's offer according to goal.com

soccer11
Admin

Soccerfury wrote:Kakagotskillz, i think Milan are forcing Kaka out of the club...i mean that is a lot of money and Kaka expressed his interests of staying at the club until he becomes capitan and grows old at the club.

I read an article at goal.com that said Kaka was spotted crying in the town...maybe its because he doesn't want to leave and is being forced out??? Also Real Madrid just made a late bid matching Man City's offer according to goal.com
I don't consider it forcing him out for the fact that it's a lot of money. It's more like they're forcing Milans hand. That's a lot of money and Kaka isn't worth it so if they're willing to pay it, then why not take it?

and i hope Real Madrid get Kaka if that story is true. Screw Man city. I'd like to see Kaka at Real and I'm sure he'd rather go there than city. He'd at least be playing in the champions league for many years to come and as it looks now, he'd be fighting to say out of the regulation zone with man city.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

fu** Man City, and fu** the abu dhabi w/e the fu** group they are. I think all this transfer sh*t that Man city think they can do is absolute bulls**t. Man City are a second rate, piece of sh*t team that holds no capacity for world class talent, nor championship level football. I'd honestly accept that deal, and just work as an individual and screw them into wasting all there money and make a statement. But maybe thats just my frustration talking, of course Kaka wouldnt do such a thing, but that is by far the most ridiculous thing ive ever seen in my life.

Manchester City in representation is a 3 year old who should be playing with squirt guns, but instead is given a RPG.

As much as I hate to say it, but I'd rather see a salary cap put into place than see this sh*t happen. Kaka is an amazing player, a player, like many of you have said, is a symbol for Milan. And i'll be damned to see someone of his talent go to waste in the depths of hell at Manchester City.

I am just so angry at all of this crap that Man City is attempting to do. I'd just love to see them crash and burn, seriously.

~End Vent. :evil:

ratherton
Veteran Member

INTER1908 wrote:Do you think they will make a bid for Zlatan?
No

[quote='truesocceroo"]I dont see it happening, not Steven Gerrard. He practically is Liverpool, and at the moment they are doing so well in the league, he wouldnt leave. Chelsea tried this before and it didnt work. They should be going for people like Ronaldo who would leave at the drop of a hat for that sort of money. I dont think him leaving liverpool will help his assault charges anyway, he is a 1 club man and probably always will be.[/quote]

Hicks and Gillette would sell up if they could get their money back. The current exchange rate means they paid around $600m (£300m) to buy the club and if they got the same GBP price back, they would only get $450m as the GBP/USD rate has changed so much. They dropped the new stadium plans due to financial problems. Gerrard nearly went to Chelsea and if they hadn't won the Champions League, he probably would have. The big difference this time is the amount of money on offer. If the Arabs decide they want Gerrard, money will not be an issue. Do you seriously believe Liverpool would turn down £125m? If they did, I think that would be irresponsible of them as that is an outrageous amount of money.

[quote='Soccerfury"]If they land Kaka they might go for Messi next. I think getting messi would be impossible because not only is he the most loyal player to barcelona, but also hes the reason they are so successful this season..[/quote]

There is no such thing as loyalty in football. Everyone has their price.

Kakasgotskillz:
Thats a good post from the heart but there have always been teams with money who can throw their weight around. The Italians clubs used to do it for several years. The Fiat family bankrolled Juventus and Milan's current owner isn't short of a few Euros. The situation isn't so much as Kaka is going for the money, its that Milan want to sell him to bring in the money. If you had a favourite pair of football boots that really loved and I offered you $1,000 for them. Would you take the money or say, No I love my boots too much? Everything has a value and when an offer is made that is so way above its value, you'd be mad to turn it down.

I'm sure Milan will use the money to take a player from a club whose fans have a similar feeling towards him as you do towards Kaka. Its always been like that and always will.

Zlatan5:
Why are you so angry with Man City? Its just the way football is nowadays. Why do you think Imbrahimovic left Malmo for Ajax then Ajax for Juve?

Wigan, Fulham and Blackburn are only Premier League clubs due to rich owners giving them loads of money. Man Utd only started to dominate English football when they raised a huge amount of money through a share issue.

Personally, I find it all very funny as a number of large clubs such as AC Milan have ruined football for far too long. I can't wait until Man City put in a bid for Gerrard 8)

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Zlatan5:
Why are you so angry with Man City? Its just the way football is nowadays. Why do you think Imbrahimovic left Malmo for Ajax then Ajax for Juve?

Wigan, Fulham and Blackburn are only Premier League clubs due to rich owners giving them loads of money. Man Utd only started to dominate English football when they raised a huge amount of money through a share issue.

Personally, I find it all very funny as a number of large clubs such as AC Milan have ruined football for far too long. I can't wait until Man City put in a bid for Gerrard 8)
Your, absolutely right, but look at it this way, when clubs wanted one player, they bought that player for a huge sum, but Man City don't want just one player, they want the entire upper echelon, remember a few months ago right after the Abu Dhabi take over they said they were going to bring in all the big names like messi kaka torres ronaldo and all these people. That's what makes me mad, that they have the ability to do that. And the only reason is money, not a great club tradition, not a history of winning, but money, cause they have a billion to spend, that's a monopoly right there. Basically what they are saying is this, "Oh, your linked to a player for 35 mil, lets bid 100 million and gurantee his signature, oh and look at him they are after him for 8 million, lets just offer 20."

powell
English Meister

One question i do keep asking myself though is man city have all ofthere problems at the back so how would kaka really benifit them ? They have loads of attackers in ireland, SWP, robinho, benjani, jo, elano petrov ... sure its going to be hard to keep all of these happy ?