Kaka to Man City

Discuss and compare your favorite players
mint
EF Drug Baron
Posts: 2430
Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 20:38

Post

Zlatan5 wrote:
Zlatan5:
Why are you so angry with Man City? Its just the way football is nowadays. Why do you think Imbrahimovic left Malmo for Ajax then Ajax for Juve?

Wigan, Fulham and Blackburn are only Premier League clubs due to rich owners giving them loads of money. Man Utd only started to dominate English football when they raised a huge amount of money through a share issue.

Personally, I find it all very funny as a number of large clubs such as AC Milan have ruined football for far too long. I can't wait until Man City put in a bid for Gerrard 8)
Your, absolutely right, but look at it this way, when clubs wanted one player, they bought that player for a huge sum, but Man City don't want just one player, they want the entire upper echelon, remember a few months ago right after the Abu Dhabi take over they said they were going to bring in all the big names like messi kaka torres ronaldo and all these people. That's what makes me mad, that they have the ability to do that. And the only reason is money, not a great club tradition, not a history of winning, but money, cause they have a billion to spend, that's a monopoly right there. Basically what they are saying is this, "Oh, your linked to a player for 35 mil, lets bid 100 million and gurantee his signature, oh and look at him they are after him for 8 million, lets just offer 20."
Yeah i agree with what your saying, Man citys owners are acting like fat kids in a chocolate Factory, they just want the best and dont care about the price they have to pay, no wonder so many premier league clubs are in debt if clubs like city are splashing the cash, it will make other clubs think they have to spend a lot more just t compete with them.
Image
i was made to ignite

KoNJa04
Veteran Member
Posts: 365
Joined: 07 Jan 2009, 20:37

Post

mint wrote:
Zlatan5 wrote:
Zlatan5:
Why are you so angry with Man City? Its just the way football is nowadays. Why do you think Imbrahimovic left Malmo for Ajax then Ajax for Juve?

Wigan, Fulham and Blackburn are only Premier League clubs due to rich owners giving them loads of money. Man Utd only started to dominate English football when they raised a huge amount of money through a share issue.

Personally, I find it all very funny as a number of large clubs such as AC Milan have ruined football for far too long. I can't wait until Man City put in a bid for Gerrard 8)
Your, absolutely right, but look at it this way, when clubs wanted one player, they bought that player for a huge sum, but Man City don't want just one player, they want the entire upper echelon, remember a few months ago right after the Abu Dhabi take over they said they were going to bring in all the big names like messi kaka torres ronaldo and all these people. That's what makes me mad, that they have the ability to do that. And the only reason is money, not a great club tradition, not a history of winning, but money, cause they have a billion to spend, that's a monopoly right there. Basically what they are saying is this, "Oh, your linked to a player for 35 mil, lets bid 100 million and gurantee his signature, oh and look at him they are after him for 8 million, lets just offer 20."
Yeah i agree with what your saying, Man citys owners are acting like fat kids in a chocolate Factory, they just want the best and dont care about the price they have to pay, no wonder so many premier league clubs are in debt if clubs like city are splashing the cash, it will make other clubs think they have to spend a lot more just t compete with them.
ive heard on fsc that man city is "the richest team in the world" so i dont think that they have loads of cash. but im sure that they have plenty of money to spend. but wtf? 120 million dollars. i wouldnt think a club would have that much to spend. let alone on one player who isnt worth that much.. kaka is an amazing player but i dont think there is a player in the world worth $120 million. They already have one brizlian why not let him fit in teh league first then go for another great star?
Image

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07

mint
EF Drug Baron
Posts: 2430
Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 20:38

Post

KoNJa04 wrote:
mint wrote:
Zlatan5 wrote: Your, absolutely right, but look at it this way, when clubs wanted one player, they bought that player for a huge sum, but Man City don't want just one player, they want the entire upper echelon, remember a few months ago right after the Abu Dhabi take over they said they were going to bring in all the big names like messi kaka torres ronaldo and all these people. That's what makes me mad, that they have the ability to do that. And the only reason is money, not a great club tradition, not a history of winning, but money, cause they have a billion to spend, that's a monopoly right there. Basically what they are saying is this, "Oh, your linked to a player for 35 mil, lets bid 100 million and gurantee his signature, oh and look at him they are after him for 8 million, lets just offer 20."
Yeah i agree with what your saying, Man citys owners are acting like fat kids in a chocolate Factory, they just want the best and dont care about the price they have to pay, no wonder so many premier league clubs are in debt if clubs like city are splashing the cash, it will make other clubs think they have to spend a lot more just t compete with them.
ive heard on fsc that man city is "the richest team in the world" so i dont think that they have loads of cash. but im sure that they have plenty of money to spend. but wtf? 120 million dollars. i wouldnt think a club would have that much to spend. let alone on one player who isnt worth that much.. kaka is an amazing player but i dont think there is a player in the world worth $120 million. They already have one brizlian why not let him fit in teh league first then go for another great star?
According to Fourfourtwo magazine, Man citys new owner/s is/are worth £15 billion :shock: , so i think they do have a lot of money to spend. I agree with what you said about them already having robinho so why do they need kaka?

They probably think if they have a few superstars they will be able to entice more to play for them.
Image
i was made to ignite

NewBornProdigy
Admin
Posts: 2695
Joined: 23 May 2008, 19:51

Post

They must feel like they're playing FIFA
Its actually ridiculous

mint
EF Drug Baron
Posts: 2430
Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 20:38

Post

Yeah they are not living in the real world, eventually it will backfire on them, all this splashing the cash about.
Image
i was made to ignite

Jboogey
Senior Member
Posts: 129
Joined: 05 Dec 2008, 21:51

Post

Lol at NBP... well it might be kind of unfair but all is fair in love and war and man city will need the best soldiers they can get to win the war of the premier league....yes robinho is an astonishing player but him alone can't do it...i mean milan have kaka ronaldinho and pato and they are still struggling in serie A the way i see it and all their players are competent despite the injuries to their key players. I think kaka' would definitely be able to help man city, I agree though he isn't worth that much but I mean hey....if they can afford it then...there you go. Imagine kaka against ManU for Man City, you can't deny it would change it up.
"Skill is in the foot not whats on it" - New Born Prodigy

Image

NewBornProdigy
Admin
Posts: 2695
Joined: 23 May 2008, 19:51

Post

mint wrote:Yeah they are not living in the real world, eventually it will backfire on them, all this splashing the cash about.
No it won't affect them... merely make all the clubs with less money suffer much much more, Its like and economy, they are pumping money into the footballing world with no value
So inflation sets in, which ends up making the rich richer and the poor poorer

ratherton said this has been happening for a long time, but the recussion's of this will ruin alot of smaller clubs

mint
EF Drug Baron
Posts: 2430
Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 20:38

Post

Jboogey wrote:Lol at NBP... well it might be kind of unfair but all is fair in love and war and man city will need the best soldiers they can get to win the war of the premier league....yes robinho is an astonishing player but him alone can't do it...i mean milan have kaka ronaldinho and pato and they are still struggling in serie A the way i see it and all their players are competent despite the injuries to their key players. I think kaka' would definitely be able to help man city, I agree though he isn't worth that much but I mean hey....if they can afford it then...there you go. Imagine kaka against ManU for Man City, you can't deny it would change it up.

Yeah but as i mentioned in my previous post, theres no point in having a team of superstars if they dont work well together, its like with lampard and gerrard, they have said they both cant play for england at the same time because they dont work well together, so a load of superstars probably wouldn't play together as well plus kaka will have to adjust to the style of play in the premier league.
Image
i was made to ignite

Jboogey
Senior Member
Posts: 129
Joined: 05 Dec 2008, 21:51

Post

yes but thats a different case, they both have the same role (at least I think so) and a team full of allstars that play different roles would play well together. Kaka and robinho play two different roles and they are only two people so that shouldn't be a problem, and robinho managed to adapt so why not kaka? they would have a midfield maestro and a lethal forward up front its like ronaldinho in the middle with ronaldo up front.
"Skill is in the foot not whats on it" - New Born Prodigy

Image

dhs
Senior Member
Posts: 202
Joined: 28 Apr 2008, 01:23

Post

Jboogey wrote:yes but thats a different case, they both have the same role (at least I think so) and a team full of allstars that play different roles would play well together.
Have you ever heard of a little national team called england, cause that mentality doesnt work out too well for them

soccer11
Admin
Posts: 4870
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA

Post

I think a player like Kaka would make any team better, even if the style of play isn't their specialty. He's such a game changer. He could be held down for 89 minutes, but give him an inch and he'll beat you in the 90th.
Now, I don't think Kaka will be as effective at Man city for a number of reasons (style of play, lack of support, etc) but he's still one of the top 5 best players in the world and no matter what, he'll make them better. It'll be tough no doubt, with Man city close to the regulation zone, but if they string a few wins together, they'll gain enough confidence to do something.
Image

Jboogey
Senior Member
Posts: 129
Joined: 05 Dec 2008, 21:51

Post

Have you ever heard of a little national team called england, cause that mentality doesnt work out too well for them
well to be honest thats not fair, because most national teams are a group of allstars: brazil, italy, portugal, germany,france? full of stars but they're just more than a sum of their parts. It's not impossible for that to work
"Skill is in the foot not whats on it" - New Born Prodigy

Image

ratherton
Veteran Member
Posts: 2872
Joined: 29 Oct 2005, 18:41

Post

dhs wrote:
Jboogey wrote:yes but thats a different case, they both have the same role (at least I think so) and a team full of allstars that play different roles would play well together.
Have you ever heard of a little national team called england, cause that mentality doesnt work out too well for them
England's record for 2008 - Played 10, won 8, draw 1, lost 1.

Don't confuse the previous retarded managers failures for the current England team.

NewBornProdigy
Admin
Posts: 2695
Joined: 23 May 2008, 19:51

Post

England's record for 2008 - Played 10, won 8, draw 1, lost 1.

Don't confuse the previous retarded managers failures for the current England team.
The secret to that run of success... Gareth Barry replacing Lampard, Gerrard plays more freely, Barry holds the fort.

There ain't anyone who would really be so similar (or as good) as Kaká that they would hinder his preformance, except mabye Stephen Ireland

ratherton
Veteran Member
Posts: 2872
Joined: 29 Oct 2005, 18:41

Post

NewBornProdigy wrote:
England's record for 2008 - Played 10, won 8, draw 1, lost 1.

Don't confuse the previous retarded managers failures for the current England team.
The secret to that run of success... Gareth Barry replacing Lampard, Gerrard plays more freely, Barry holds the fort.
Lampard AND Gerrard both played in the last two competitive matches. Prior to that Gerrard wasn't available for the Andorra and Croatia matches. The difference is that we have a manager with a brain who can get the best out of the players.

Anyway, back on topic. Does anyone else think Kaka is going to be really unhappy when he gets to Manchester then his agent finally mentions he has joined City instead of United?

Post Reply