C. Ronaldo wins the Fifa player of the year award!

Discuss and compare your favorite players
powell
English Meister

shahensha wrote:No worries. Here is a video where cronaldo gives the answer to the question "who is the best player in the world ever?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSNv3hup ... 1&index=39
Haha i remember this, such a serious face aswell, even if he was joking only someone as big headed as him would say it.

Tuuuuuubbbbbbbbbeeeeesssssssssssssss

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

lol.......i swear the guy interviewing them was the guy in mr. deeds
sig by 2brown347

Rocky
Veteran Member

Haha, after watching that clip I now understand why C.Ronaldo was so arrogant when he met Pele. But not everyone is:

To be honest, no matter how good you are, you should always be happy when you meet a legend.. And C.Ronaldo isn't that good that he actually can pretend Pele is nothing.

shahensha
Veteran Member

wow despite having a bad year, 4 Barcelona representatives are in the top 10 and two of them had an injury riddled season (eto'o & messi). I cant imagine the top 10 if the second half of Barcelona's season is as breath-taking as the first half.

The top three will be................take it with a tablespoon of salt though, I am a fanboy lol

Messi
Xavi
Alves

Yeah thats right I included a defender but he is not an ordinary defender. "Brazilian defender" is an oxymoron. He adds an extra dimension to the attack and is deadly when combines with Messi. He should have been a fifa player of the year candidate long time ago. I hope playing for a big club like Barcelona attracts more attention.

I swear he is a madman with unlimited stamina. He has 10 assists for Barcelona which makes him third behind xavi and messi on the leader board.

Not only that, he always assists the game winner or equalizer when Barcelona is in trouble. Sometimes he assists both as was seen last weekend against osasuna. Xavi's goal from a cross from inside the box and messi's goal from running up the field to dispossesses the left back and letting messi do his magic.

I dont really need to sing Xavi or Messi's praises. However if Eto'o continues his scoring rate, he will be top scorer in la liga and could also be considered in the top three, only because voters show partiality to forwards.

soccer11
Admin

Rocky wrote:Haha, after watching that clip I now understand why C.Ronaldo was so arrogant when he met Pele. But not everyone is:

To be honest, no matter how good you are, you should always be happy when you meet a legend.. And C.Ronaldo isn't that good that he actually can pretend Pele is nothing.
that is what everyone should look like when they meet Pele in my opinion.

Davidson9
Veteran Member

I think the Cristiano lovers and haters should just stop arguing, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, especially the people who come across as fu**ing retarded in their posts like canadianfootballer, fair enough you don't like him and think Messi is better, I'm neutral, i'm neither a Barça fan or a United fan, in fact I like Madrid AND City, so I have no bias, I think that right now Messi is playing much better than Ronaldo is, but last season IN MY OPINION, Ronaldo was a much better player, who played well in most of the games they played in the CL, Prem, FA Cup, etc. given he didn't play too well in some of the games eg; Quarterfinal vs. Barcelona, where Messi was absolutely amazing, he still was the most consistent player in the world, which is the main reason why he won the award, while i do agree with some of the haters that he can be a complete jerk when it comes to his arrogance, you have to remember that this is the 21st century, people these days seem to idolize the bad boys, ok Ronaldo isn't exactly a bad boy, but he still has that 'i dont give a fu**' attitude that some people seem to love these days, so the media are partly to blame for blowing him up to the place where he is, and the reason he gained so many fans last year is because he was the best player on the best team in the best league, which people who are just getting into soccer no matter where they're from, will love, they will either pick a team if they are the best or if they enjoy the style of play, or sometimes reasons that seem quite stupid like that they have nice jerseys, it all depends. In the end the reason Ronaldo won the award is because he was the most consistent, exciting player on the world's best team, 'nuff said, and to all the people who are going to flame me, do me a favor, fu** off, I don't really care because like I said everyone is entitled to their own opinion, if you don't respect that then go fu** yourself.

mint
EF Drug Baron

soccer11 wrote:
Rocky wrote:Haha, after watching that clip I now understand why C.Ronaldo was so arrogant when he met Pele. But not everyone is:

that is what everyone should look like when they meet Pele in my opinion.
Yeah i totally agree, at the end of the day its a once in a lifetime opportunity to meet a legend like pele and you would have thought ronaldo would have been happy.
i was made to ignite

Soccerfury

2brown347 wrote:Soccerfury- We aren't making things up, those are truths about him which is why you hear them so much. He's a prick. And Messi's doing ok? He's already scored half as many goals are cr7 did last year and has twice as many assist, and there's still lots of games left. cr7 is the most over-rated player in sports as far as I'm concerned. You can bitch about us being cr7 haters, but there's starting to be a lot more of us then cr7 lovers, and quite frankly our reasons for disliking him are better then our reasons for loving him.

Also cr7 isn't a player who's effective thoughout the game. On any given Man U game he's usually non-existant for a good 70-80 minutes of the game. While players like Messi, Torres, Xavi, Kaka, Totti, Cambiasso, Joe Cole (none acheived as much last year) are involved the entire time they're in.

If you wanna support cr7, great, but don't bitch at the peopl who don't like him. He's earned every bit of disrespect people throw at him on this site so don't bitch about people stating their opionins of the douche and we'll try not to rip on you for likeing a cheat.

I honestly don't think Real Madrid players got enough attension for the awards, Cassias got some talk, but not enough. Plus (expecially the dutch) a lot of the players did good for the club and the EURO's. just my thoughts.

and Soccer11, your 100% right about his attitude toward leagends. I hope Roy Keane presents an award........and punches him in the mouth....if only...............
I never said you weren't entitled to your opinion, i just think that this whole thing with people bashing C. Ronaldo is getting old and really annoying. I also never said that messi was doing "ok" i said he was doing good and i also said hes a more likely the best candidate to win it next season if he keeps his form up right now.

It's cool that you think C. Ronaldo is a cheat, but if you want to go into that subject i also think Messi and Maradona are both cheats for scoring with their hands and celebrating the goal afterward.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Thats true.

Lionel Messi gets rap for being a good boy, when in reality he is bit sneaky. Although he doesnt feel the need to dive (would you when the ball is always glued to your foot? heh), he does resort to dirty tricks when the need is required. He has been booked for handling the ball and his two goals scored from quick free-kicks against atletico and sporting this season are further examples.

He maybe a modest and humble kid outside but on the field, he is a devious bastard. lol

Cant blame him though, he is "The Next Maradona".......words of the man himself

nextlevel66
Veteran Member

whoever said that ronaldo didnt look to happy to be shaking hands with pele is wrong. i watched it and he was very respectful and showed great appreciation.

oh yeah this wasnt his first time meeting pele too so he didnt have to be too giddy like you wanted him to be.
My dream is to go pro and nothing or anyone will get in the way.

keller8
Veteran Member

barcahooligan wrote:lol.......i swear the guy interviewing them was the guy in mr. deeds
He looks like him(alot) But the guy in MR deeds had like a deeper voice kinda. And more of an accent.
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

2brown347
Veteran Member

Messi have a hand ball goal, but he was like 19 at the time and it doesn't happen week in and week out. And I wouldn't call a quick free kick sneaky or cheap (that's not what your applying I'm sure) it's more just good vision and awareness.

Don't forget about cr7's hand ball :lol:

I'm gonna say in my opinion he's not only a douche on the field, but off, and wasn't the best player of the year last year.

And now I'm leaving this topic because the only thing harder then talking about religion to religious people from an Atheist or Agnostic view, is trying to talk to a cr7 fan boy from a non fan of fairiy (implying the way he acts on the field) boy cr7's point of view.

Soccerfury

2brown347 wrote:Messi have a hand ball goal, but he was like 19 at the time and it doesn't happen week in and week out. And I wouldn't call a quick free kick sneaky or cheap (that's not what your applying I'm sure) it's more just good vision and awareness.

I'm gonna say in my opinion he's not only a douche on the field, but off, and wasn't the best player of the year last year.

And now I'm leaving this topic because the only thing harder then talking about religion to religious people from an Atheist or Agnostic view, is trying to talk to a cr7 fan boy from a non fan of fairiy (implying the way he acts on the field) boy cr7's point of view.
So let me get this straight, just because messi was 'young" at the time and doesn't do it week in and week out its not cheating? That's like saying your only gonna murder someone once but not always and that way you wont be convicted of murder. It just makes no sense or has any logic in it.

And because you have problems with C. Ronaldo doesn't justify the fact that you think he wasn't the best player last year because if im not mistake did he not score 43 goals and contributed to winning the league and CL? I dont care if Messi helped his whole team, the fact of the matter is he didn't take barca anywhere and he crashed against manutd.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Everyones talking about about messi's potential and how he has time to improve but some are neglecting how good he is now. He's on fire, in my opinion he's a shoe in for the 2009 world player of the year award

And look at it this way. He's only 21 years old, he's a champions league winner, playing for one of the giants of world football and is recognised as one of the best players on the planet. At 21 Maradona was still playing his football in Argentina

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Soccerfury wrote:
2brown347 wrote:Messi have a hand ball goal, but he was like 19 at the time and it doesn't happen week in and week out. And I wouldn't call a quick free kick sneaky or cheap (that's not what your applying I'm sure) it's more just good vision and awareness.

So let me get this straight, just because messi was 'young" at the time and doesn't do it week in and week out its not cheating? That's like saying your only gonna murder someone once but not always and that way you wont be convicted of murder. It just makes no sense or has any logic in it.

And because you have problems with C. Ronaldo doesn't justify the fact that you think he wasn't the best player last year because if im not mistake did he not score 43 goals and contributed to winning the league and CL? I dont care if Messi helped his whole team, the fact of the matter is he didn't take barca anywhere and he crashed against manutd.
I'd say SteveF said it well. The difference is he's not out there doing it week in and week out, and just because your a cr7 fan you still can't deny that.

If you think the number of goals is the way to decide who should win it your part of the problem in world football. IMO Messi wasn't the best last year, but either was cr7

also like scottyboy said without any serious injuries I don't see any current player with a future near as bright as Messi's. I don't think any player can touch him for the 09 player of the year award, or barca for La Liga and the CL.