Gerrard charged with assault.

Discuss and compare your favorite players
KoNJa04
Veteran Member

Post by KoNJa04 » 10 Jan 2009, 20:21

i just read that he was at the bar celebrating that they were 3 points ahead of chelsea now... so if your wondering why he was partying thats why

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07

udinese20

Post by udinese20 » 07 May 2009, 14:01

Another case of celebrities getting away with felonies.. disgrace.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 22 Jul 2009, 12:31

His trial begun today, its suspected to last roughly a week

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090721/vid ... bfa63.html

tjsokkerplayer

Post by tjsokkerplayer » 22 Jul 2009, 13:24

I dont get the big deal over this, apparently someone was asking for trouble, and got it from Gerrard.

They are men, let em fight, its what we do when we have a problem. Its a done deal, This type of thing happens every day in highschool, why bring the cops in???

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 22 Jul 2009, 16:22

tjsokkerplayer wrote:This type of thing happens every day in highschool, why bring the cops in???
Cause when your a grown up its classified as assault... And one of the men has to press charges or the night club... Its not like someone is involving the cops as a spoilsport

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 22 Jul 2009, 16:26

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/220 ... otage.html
here's another video of it.

and what's the big deal? are you kidding? It's called assault. how would you like it if someone came up to you and gave you a nice hard hit over the head? It's different than high school. And technically, in high school, they could call the cops if they wanted to, just in most cases they don't do that. These are grown men. If you were to do this in public, then you'd go to jail, but since bitchface is famous, he probably won't go to jail, but i'm hoping.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 22 Jul 2009, 17:38

tjsokkerplayer wrote:I dont get the big deal over this, apparently someone was asking for trouble, and got it from Gerrard.

They are men, let em fight, its what we do when we have a problem. Its a done deal, This type of thing happens every day in highschool, why bring the cops in???
What a stupid statement. No matter where you are, in high school,middle school or in nightclub you hit someone it is automatically assault!

I don't know what kind of high school you go to but at mine, where fights happened practically everyday, both students were arrested on the spot by the schools police officer.

espana_27

Post by espana_27 » 22 Jul 2009, 18:54

i go to highschool where i fight often i dont get in trouble

udinese20

Post by udinese20 » 23 Jul 2009, 08:59

The big deal is that he hit a guy when he had already been attacked by Gerrard's other friends. Gerrard then said it was 'self defence' and pleaded not guilty even though all of his other friends pleaded guilty.. He's just trying to avoid the inevitable, hoping that because he's famous they'll let him off.

Obviously hitting the guy was shameful, but these things happen all the time.. what's worse was that he's trying to avoid the consequences by using his celebrity status.. he should just cop the punishment like his other mates.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 23 Jul 2009, 13:12

espana_27 wrote:i go to highschool where i fight often i dont get in trouble
I don't know what its like where you live but most schools around here have a zero tolerance policy for fighting. If you fight you'll be arrested and appear in juvenile court for assault. 243 kids were sent to court by the school last year, 50 of them were repeat offenders.

As for Gerrard, hes a celeb, he'll probably get off with community service. Joey Barton served a month in jail out of 6. Celebs always get off easy.

His friends probably all pleaded quilty to protect Gerrard. Its not unusual for someone to take the blame for someone else, or even go to prison for a crime some one else did.

Do they have no contest pleas in England? Basically admitting you did something wrong but not coming out and saying your quilty.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 23 Jul 2009, 13:41

arsenalfc08 wrote:243 kids were sent to court by the school last year, 50 of them were repeat offenders.
Holy crap, that is like two thirds of the amount of kids in my school... Thats high school your talking bout?

Still, thats a crazy number

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 23 Jul 2009, 14:16

NewBornProdigy wrote:
arsenalfc08 wrote:243 kids were sent to court by the school last year, 50 of them were repeat offenders.
Holy crap, that is like two thirds of the amount of kids in my school... Thats high school your talking bout?

We had about 2,000 kids in my high school but its still a crazy and scary number! One girl brought a butcher knife in her purse, but luckily was caught. When I was in middle school we had to go on lockdown because there was a man with a gun walking around near the school. It wasn't releated to anything or anyone in the school but it was still scary.

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 23 Jul 2009, 16:20

arsenalfc08 wrote:
NewBornProdigy wrote:

We had about 2,000 kids in my high school but its still a crazy and scary number! One girl brought a butcher knife in her purse, but luckily was caught. When I was in middle school we had to go on lockdown because there was a man with a gun walking around near the school. It wasn't releated to anything or anyone in the school but it was still scary.
haha what kind of ghetto high school did you go to? :lol: just kidding.

my school didn't really call the cops. i think there may have been like 2 or 3 instances in my 3 years i was there but they were harsh suspension-wise. it was usually like 9 days, depending on the fight.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 23 Jul 2009, 16:26

soccer11 wrote:
arsenalfc08 wrote:
NewBornProdigy wrote: Holy crap, that is like two thirds of the amount of kids in my school... Thats high school your talking bout?

haha what kind of ghetto high school did you go to? :lol: just kidding.

my school didn't really call the cops. i think there may have been like 2 or 3 instances in my 3 years i was there but they were harsh suspension-wise. it was usually like 9 days, depending on the fight.
Just your regular public school lol. My middle school was actually right smack in the middle of downtown. One time walking to class I saw 2 fights in a matter of minutes. Another time there was a fight right outside my first period class, of course everyone rushes to watch, and it would just happen to be right in front of my locker. After the fight the janitor had to come and clean up blood on the lockers.

It really wasn't too bad. I didn't even know about all those court apperances until our local paper published the reports. Apparently the school board is trying to do something about it :roll: we shall see.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 23 Jul 2009, 19:57

One girl brought a butcher knife in her purse
When I was in middle school we had to go on lockdown because there was a man with a gun walking around near the school
Just your regular public school lol
God bless America...