Douchebag

Discuss and compare your favorite players
Nat_H
Veteran Member

Post by Nat_H » 20 Nov 2008, 02:32

I have to back casar22 on this one. With those examples you posted earlier, INTER1908, they WERE fouls on the guy. Ronaldo chose to embellish the fall quite a bit, but they WERE illegal plays, in my opinion. Of course, it is up to the referee's discretion to determine whether or not he was trying to sell a foul worthy of misconduct.

Diving IS against the rules, but it is not "unethical", so to speak, in soccer's purest form simply because if the ref makes the right call (which may or may not include a caution for the diver), then what's done is done. That is what the ref is for...if the guy dives, caution him and move on. Stop bitching about it and hit the guy harder next time. These refs are qualified enough to make the right call. I would understand if it was a rec-league game and you had a dumb ref that was getting bamboozled by a Ronaldo wannabe.

In my opinion I think we just need to give CRonaldo the POY and move on to a more worthwhile discussion...

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 » 20 Nov 2008, 02:41

Why? Messi is undoubtedly the better player, and this has nothing to do with diving at all. It doesn't help Ronaldo's case that he is the ultimate bottler when it comes to the big games.

God damn brewery!!!

INTER1908
Veteran Member

Post by INTER1908 » 20 Nov 2008, 02:44

I don't know if Messi should get it or not...But why does Ronaldo have to be so good but dive? I don't understand..If he didn't dive I would be all for him getting player of the year but it's terrible that he dives, there would be so much more respect for him. Does he not see that?

Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh » 20 Nov 2008, 04:25

INTER1908 wrote:Yeah well they didn't get FIFA player of the year either, he needs to be a role model and he isn't. Way to set an example for younger players.
Words cannot express how happy I am that someone else sees my way of looking at it.

That was two blatant dives in one game btw, Stevie dives maybe twice a season.

INTER1908
Veteran Member

Post by INTER1908 » 20 Nov 2008, 04:32

Glad I could speak for you Hugh and about the Stevie G diving thing that's what I was talking about when I said Stevie is twice the man..Though he shouldn't dive.

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 20 Nov 2008, 07:43

Hugh wrote: That was two blatant dives in one game btw, Stevie dives maybe twice a season.
twice? that's a bit low don't you think?

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 20 Nov 2008, 12:12

Hugh wrote:
INTER1908 wrote:Yeah well they didn't get FIFA player of the year either, he needs to be a role model and he isn't. Way to set an example for younger players.
Words cannot express how happy I am that someone else sees my way of looking at it.

That was two blatant dives in one game btw, Stevie dives maybe twice a season.
I don't know about Stevie G. these days. I always thought of him as a tough player who wouldn't give up and would stay on his feet. Lately I have been seeing more diving from him and it makes him look soft.

redrover365
Veteran Member

Post by redrover365 » 20 Nov 2008, 15:27

ya this is pretty arrogant, but you have got to admit maybe he has a right to say that because hes one of the best players right now. This happens with all great players, for example, Pele, so i wouldnt go as far as INTER in saying he isnt a role model or anything that might be a little harsh.

If you believe IWGP's dog should not die of leukemia, then show him your support!

INTER1908
Veteran Member

Post by INTER1908 » 20 Nov 2008, 23:53

Pele was arrogant?

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 21 Nov 2008, 19:06

C Ronaldo dives
Wanye rooney dives
Adebayour dives
Wanye rooney dives
Andy reid's fat
Stevie G dives
Messi's small
Ronaldo (9) is injury prone
Gallas is retarted
Ronaldinho likes to party
Berbatov is lazy

everyones got problems, so to find the best in someone you concentrate on the positives... you can blame everyman for what he didn't do

but going on what good he did do, ronaldo's best

build a bridge and get over it... :roll:

Nat_H
Veteran Member

Post by Nat_H » 21 Nov 2008, 19:33

LOL...NBP where did Andy Reid come from?? That was so random haha. Anyways I have to agree with you in that everyone has their negatives and that by far Ronaldo has the edge over everyone in what he HAS achieved this year. I honestly don't even know where the Messi argument is coming from....Messi hasn't really done anything this year and we are only worried about this past year because it is the Player of the Year Award. Fernando Torres should get some consideration, but he's one of the few guys that are in this conversation, in my opinion.

As for Ronaldo being an arrogant prick....haha well that was a pretty arrogant statement but I have to agree with him. Only when he lets it get to his head to the point that he fails to deliver will I worry. As far as I'm concerned, he IS the greatest player in the world today. Yes he is a douchebag and YES he is the face of football today AND the best in the world. I'm on the bandwagon and FIFA is going to be the driver...lol

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

Post by barcahooligan » 21 Nov 2008, 20:07

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 59&cc=5901

hes not even respected by professional footballers anymore.........
sig by 2brown347

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 21 Nov 2008, 20:44

Funny... the FifaPro award seems to point out most of them like him :D

but he is starting to get a big fu**ed up in the head ever since the summer, and going to america, bitching bout being a slave then having a sissy fit... I worry for him, cause I respect him a whole lot less than I did last may
NBP where did Andy Reid come from
lol dude he's a great player in the irish's opinion but he needs to lose weight, and me and my friend were debating it there today :D
also the torres thing is true, he was more influencial than messi... and won more

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

Post by tevezaholic » 21 Nov 2008, 23:08

NewBornProdigy wrote:C Ronaldo dives
Wanye rooney dives
Adebayour dives
Wanye rooney dives
Andy reid's fat
Stevie G dives
Messi's small
Ronaldo (9) is injury prone
Gallas is retarted
Ronaldinho likes to party
Berbatov is lazy

everyones got problems, so to find the best in someone you concentrate on the positives... you can blame everyman for what he didn't do

but going on what good he did do, ronaldo's best

build a bridge and get over it... :roll:
NBP again with his logic making everyone else look small :x :P
JESUS IS LORD
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

Nat_H
Veteran Member

Post by Nat_H » 21 Nov 2008, 23:26

NewBornProdigy wrote:Funny... the FifaPro award seems to point out most of them like him :D

but he is starting to get a big fu**ed up in the head ever since the summer, and going to america, bitching bout being a slave then having a sissy fit... I worry for him, cause I respect him a whole lot less than I did last may
NBP where did Andy Reid come from
lol dude he's a great player in the irish's opinion but he needs to lose weight, and me and my friend were debating it there today :D
also the torres thing is true, he was more influencial than messi... and won more
OHHH lol you were talking about this guy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Reid_(footballer)
This was who I was thinking of...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Reid
forgive me he's a lot more well known where I'm from (and, coincidentally, he is fat). Wierd...