5 Reasons Why Leo Messi is Better than C.Ronaldo

Discuss and compare your favorite players
shahensha
Veteran Member

also last season he had way more attempts on goal than any striker in the league and thats what those fools are paid to do.

neoExodus

Messi is a beast, Period.

panchester07
Veteran Member

did you see him yesterday dude... a hatrcik, 1 post, he is just an animal....

theres good theres great and then theres messi - breaking the scheme like RIDICULOUS he does the simple cut EVERY TIME yet unstopabble....

the things i would do to play like him......!

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Messi is just on his own level IMO. He has the skill, speed, and strength which make him the best player in the world. He plays with passion and pride. You never hear controversies about him like you do with C. Ronaldo. The whole Ronaldo transfer saga to Real Madrid was a pain in the ass to hear about. Also, you don't hear Messi asking for extra protection from refs. He just plays the game and plays it on a very high level. He is the best.

neoExodus

ever since i saw him making that huge goal in his first game in La Liga, i said "this kid is going to make history" turns out i was correct.
My favorite player since then, he's just unbelievable.

shahensha
Veteran Member

yee undoubtedly my favourite player too. Hell, he was the reason I started following barcelona when I got into football back in 2006.

His performance against atletico madrid was phenomenal. The hat-trick was only the icing on the cake. The madrid fans couldnt help but give him a standing ovation. Maradona was also present to see his successor tear sh*t up.

I am glad I missed my calculus test for the game lol

He totally embarrassed the defence in his breathtaking run that lead to the post.......then he embarrassed the goalie before calmly completing his hat-trick with his off-foot.

The one thing impressive about him is that he is the only player to score goals in all three competitions this season. His tally of 19 goals makes him top scorer over Eto'o ( 18 ). Add the fact that he is only 1 assist behind leader xavi (14) and one cant help but bask in this 21 year old's brilliance.

links of his goals
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=McKOEh5I2 ... re=related

NewBornProdigy
Admin

I love the penalty, calm as you like... cup of tea when your done leo?

And that run was fantastic, loved the fake he does to start him off
Damn ronaldo I had faith in you and you fu**ed up?
But this little argentinian is a pure genius, on fire at the moment

udinese20

Just compare the two

Cristino Ronaldo

Premier League: 2006–07, 2007–08
FA Cup: 2003–04
UEFA Champions League: 2007–08
FIFA Club World Cup: 2008
FIFPro World Player of the Year: 2007–08
Ballon d'Or: 2008
FIFA World Player of the Year: 2008
FIFA team of the year: 2008

plus various others

Lionel Messi

La Liga:
-2004-05, 2005-06
Supercopa de España:
-2005–06, 2006–07
UEFA Champions League:
-2005-06
FIFA U-20 World Cup:
2008 Summer Olympics
-Gold medal
Copa América:
Runner-up- 2007
FIFA Team of the Year: 2008

plus various others

considering that messi is 3 years younger than ronaldo.. i'd say that in terms of silverware, he's almost on par, but on skill, in my opinion.. he's already better.

Just imagine how much Messi would've won or how good he'll be by the time he reaches Ronaldo's age

shahensha
Veteran Member

The season he was given the influential number 10, he displayed his true potential and ascended to the group of players deemed "world class".

Link of all of his 38 goals this season. Even his tap-ins werent actually easy tap ins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdFVgSn9i68

There were many memorable goals but in my opinion the 25th was the best.

Not only because he came off the bench in this away game and scored a magnificent game winning goal to top his own equalizer, but also due to the fact that I still cant comprehend how he managed to score an impossible goal......i will let the video state what boggled my mind.

26th is a classic messi goal.............he has developed that style over the season so well........from now on it shall be called a "messi goal": a nightmare for the defence to clean up.

I like how he ends the season off with the kind of goal people said he would never score though.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

I'd just like to point out how its so much different with this years best player compared to last years
Last year all the haters said Ronaldo's goals were irrelvant and mainly penalties and tap ins... Just because they didn't like his cockyness

Now they will worship Messi even though his generally weren't as good
Messi is still a complete genius all the same... and an honest one at that, which is why he's liked

Out of his goals there 6, 14, 16, 20 and 27 were my favorites

And I think messi's trademark is controlling out wide on the right touchline, then beat 3 men, playing a 1-2 and sliding it into the far corner (29 and 30)
shahensha wrote:Link of all of his 38 goals this season Even his tap-ins werent actually easy tap ins.
Look at number 5, 23 and 11 :D

shahensha
Veteran Member

lol Well 23 and 11 werent technically tap ins and required a bit of effort but 5 was an easy one.

In the 26th goal he started the game in the centre and in the 29,30 he started on the wing..........regardless, its his ability to find a gap through the defence, squirrel off into the box and calmly roll the ball into the corners of the net.

The 21st goal is when he started doing it. I was laughing how helplessly the goalie looked on as the ball rolled into the net. He scored it on my birthday too so it was awesome.

He never shoots the ball from long distance, always opting to dribble into the box for a finesse finish. 20th was the only goal outside the box (when the ball was on the ground) and that was due to urgency when barcelona was tied away to osasuna 2-2.

Its a huge contrast between the goal scoring styles of the two players.