The Greatest Freekick master

Discuss and compare your favorite players
Carolan18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx8vBNY1RUM

1:05 was the best free kick I have ever seen, I have no Idea how he does it... Im speechless

Check this out.. WoW
Credit to Xilog

neoExodus

I know how he does that ball spin, but applying all that curle with that strengh is really his special technique. For the spin with just have to let the ball start to touch your feet from thebegining of the boot and let the ball roll over all your feet until almost the end of it, thats why he jumps to give the ball the spin and the strength, but like the Ronaldo freekick he has no control whatsoever over it, but the wall is no problem and either is fooling the keeper with that curl.
Nice Find dude.

Gunner05
New User

thats pretty awesome but one of the greatest freekick takers of all time has to be mihajlovic master of the dipping ball
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE2U31EB7-s
not to mention he is the only player to my knowledge to score a hatrick all coming from freekick

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Its unbeleivable curve, but I can't help but suspect the video has been fast forwarded slightly to make the shots look more powerful
Sig by me

Wanderer
Veteran Member

looks pretty fake to me..Camera effects and all..

expert
Site Admin

I wouldn't say that's the 'best freekick ever'. In fact, the placement on the shot is more or less in the middle of the ball.
The guy is good, but I would like to point out that this is a compilation of his best shots.
In reality, you get 1-2 free kicks per game and that's it.

PS. No, I don't think it's 'fake'.

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

turns out the curl in 09 isnt fake..its just korean style :lol: ...anyway,i dont think its fake
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Reminds me of Shunsuke Nakamura's kick, except with no dip and more curl :P

TH14
Veteran Member

expert wrote:I wouldn't say that's the 'best freekick ever'. In fact, the placement on the shot is more or less in the middle of the ball.
The guy is good, but I would like to point out that this is a compilation of his best shots.
In reality, you get 1-2 free kicks per game and that's it.

PS. No, I don't think it's 'fake'.
But how often are those 1-2 free kicks per game made? Not too often. So it kinda evens out. Even the best free kick takers don't put out their best shot possible every time. But I guess if this guy was that good we would have heard about him before this home made youtube video so idk a part of me wants to think its too good to be true.
Credit to keller8

"Arsenal will always be in my heart, my blood, my head." - Thierry Henry

shahensha
Veteran Member

he should just creep in the training fields while teams are practicing and launch shots like that. That might help. In fact Barcelona needs a specialized free kick taker after ronaldinho dipped.

ratherton
Veteran Member

How light was the ball and how windy was it?

ronaldoR7

wow this guy is really good
does anybody reckon they can pull it off :shock:

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

He definitely has skill but expert was right, its a compilation of his best so maybe that was a lucky shot. Think about it, he has no pressure, no wall, no goalkeeper, and unlimited chances, so he is bound to take good ones. Im sure most professional players in the same circumstances could do as well.

I would like to see him take one against a keeper or with a wall, because that would be better to judge against players.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Regardless if these are his best shots or not, they are quite impressive. I doubt anyone here can strike the ball like this so let's not be quick to criticize.

Carolan18

truesocceroo wrote:He definitely has skill but expert was right, its a compilation of his best so maybe that was a lucky shot. Think about it, he has no pressure, no wall, no goalkeeper, and unlimited chances, so he is bound to take good ones. Im sure most professional players in the same circumstances could do as well.

I would like to see him take one against a keeper or with a wall, because that would be better to judge against players.
you ask, you shall recive :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2NYSp0vMsI

I agree, he has unlimited chances, but still... If he took a free kick on an average Premership keeper lets say, Joe hart of city, Id pick him to score ... not to take anything away from Joe. This guy is just good, who says we start a pool to fly him out to the UK for "Most Wanted" ? :)
Credit to Xilog