Kewell to Galatasaray?!

Discuss and compare your favorite players
Alexio1092
Veteran Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 489144.stm - from what I've seen about the Leeds vs Galatasaray fans where two Leeds members died from stab wounds and Kewell's objections against Turkish leagues etc, this is a complete suprise when coupled with the fact that all I'd been hearing about on the news/radio was him moving to AS Roma!

I thought Kewell was on the verge of a major comeback judging by his good form in "Super June" for the Socceroos during their 1st phase of group qualifying for WC10 in Asia, Galatasaray seems like a step down or a move akin to that of Neil's (Kneel's) for the money instead of going to a club that would do better for him in my eyes..

What do you guys think? There's like 1-2 turkish matches on TV here (pay and free-to-air) in aussie per season as far as I know excluding the UEFA comps..i was at the very least hoping for the Serie A as they televise quite a few of their matches on ESPN & (especially) Setanta Sports!!

Please Kewell, don't sign with 'em, look what happened to Carle!! Go sign for the Jets or Liverpool (again!!)!!

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

It did surprise me but galatasary are a very good team and have produced many of the Turkish internationals which as we have seen play extremely entertainingly so maybe this will be good. Roma of course is the better choice but think about it seriously, if he cant survive at Liverpool, he would have no chance at Roma.

Alexio1092
Veteran Member

truesocceroo wrote:It did surprise me but galatasary are a very good team and have produced many of the Turkish internationals which as we have seen play extremely entertainingly so maybe this will be good. Roma of course is the better choice but think about it seriously, if he cant survive at Liverpool, he would have no chance at Roma.
He could've resigned with Liverpool but there was a major (major!) pay cut in the contract offered to him apparently, so that's why he turned the offer down. It wasn't necessarily about him "surviving" as much as him getting a new start and the money I don't think.

messi19
Veteran Member

I think its fine. Whats wrong with it? Kewell has obvisouly seen improvements in the Turkish league and has decided to join Galatasary, knowing how well Turkey did in Euro 08 and thinks it will be a good career move. I also think Turkish clubs are getting better. Just look at Fenerbache beating Chelsea 2-1 in the first leg of the quater finals. And who cares about Leeds fans getting stabbed nearly 8 years ago.

I WRITE EVERYTHING FROM MY iPOD TOUCH!

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

truesocceroo wrote:
It did surprise me but galatasary are a very good team and have produced many of the Turkish internationals which as we have seen play extremely entertainingly so maybe this will be good. Roma of course is the better choice but think about it seriously, if he cant survive at Liverpool, he would have no chance at Roma.

He could've resigned with Liverpool but there was a major (major!) pay cut in the contract offered to him apparently, so that's why he turned the offer down. It wasn't necessarily about him "surviving" as much as him getting a new start and the money I don't think.
I suppose what i mean by surviving is getting to play. A player like Harry Kewell would be too competitive to just sit on the bench and get paid for it, he has shown he still will put in the effort and wants to remain one of the best, and when you have to compete with people in Liverpool for a place on the wing such as Babel or even Mancini in Guily in Roma if he would have chosen, his chances arent great. At least he is still playing in fairly good European leagues, as much as i would love to watch him live for Sydney FC i think that it would be the death of Harry Kewell.

messi19
Veteran Member

truesocceroo wrote:
truesocceroo wrote:

I suppose what i mean by surviving is getting to play. A player like Harry Kewell would be too competitive to just sit on the bench and get paid for it, he has shown he still will put in the effort and wants to remain one of the best, and when you have to compete with people in Liverpool for a place on the wing such as Babel or even Mancini in Guily in Roma if he would have chosen, his chances arent great. At least he is still playing in fairly good European leagues, as much as i would love to watch him live for Sydney FC i think that it would be the death of Harry Kewell.
Hold on, did you just quote yourself :o

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

Lol that looks quite sad i was trying to quote alexio i think i pressed something wrong

KPatel

messi19 wrote:I think its fine. Whats wrong with it? Kewell has obvisouly seen improvements in the Turkish league and has decided to join Galatasary, knowing how well Turkey did in Euro 08 and thinks it will be a good career move. I also think Turkish clubs are getting better. Just look at Fenerbache beating Chelsea 2-1 in the first leg of the quater finals. And who cares about Leeds fans getting stabbed nearly 8 years ago.
Slightly insensitive, don't you think?

ratherton
Veteran Member

messi19 wrote:I think its fine. Whats wrong with it? Kewell has obvisouly seen improvements in the Turkish league and has decided to join Galatasary, knowing how well Turkey did in Euro 08 and thinks it will be a good career move. I also think Turkish clubs are getting better. Just look at Fenerbache beating Chelsea 2-1 in the first leg of the quater finals. And who cares about Leeds fans getting stabbed nearly 8 years ago.
Congratulations, you have just become the biggest moron who has ever posted on this forum.

I'm sure George (age 15) and Holly Speight (aged 10) may beg to differ with your comments after their father, Kevin, was one of the 2 men who didn't come back from going to watch a football match 8 years ago.

messi19
Veteran Member

ratherton wrote:
Congratulations, you have just become the biggest moron who has ever posted on this forum.

I'm sure George (age 15) and Holly Speight (aged 10) may beg to differ with your comments after their father, Kevin, was one of the 2 men who didn't come back from going to watch a football match 8 years ago.
Congrats on being a Epl fanboy! Its time to get a new avatar, that boring Terry Butcher picture is old! Who cares about Leeds, I have Turkish freinds in Istanbul and they said the fans who got killed deserved it.
GALATASARAY!

chicagofirefan
Veteran Member

messi19 wrote:
ratherton wrote:

Congrats on being a Epl fanboy! Its time to get a new avatar, that boring Terry Butcher picture is old! Who cares about Leeds, I have Turkish freinds in Istanbul and they said the fans who got killed deserved it.
GALATASARAY!
Messi19 u r sooo dumb! First y did u bring ratherton's avatar into this that is stupid and pointless and second ur a mean person. You might not like the team but u should still care when two random fans die from the rivalry unless u r some wierd wannabe hooligan trying to get attention. Also ur friends are strange for saying that they deserved it and if u agree then u just crazy. How would u like it if ur dad went to a game and then 2 hours after it u get a phone call saying he is dead.
Bulgaria is our faith, Levski is our Freedom

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Brummie, just chill out.

There is no way you can say that someone deserved to die and feel good about yourself unless you are crazy.

Anyway, I was watching an interview with him talking about Galatasaray, and he sounded cockney at some parts.

deadwrong
New User

messi19 wrote: Congrats on being a Epl fanboy! Its time to get a new avatar, that boring Terry Butcher picture is old! Who cares about Leeds, I have Turkish freinds in Istanbul and they said the fans who got killed deserved it.
GALATASARAY!

Few people deserve to die, and football fans aren't on the list.

messi19
Veteran Member

chicagofirefan wrote:
messi19 wrote:
ratherton wrote: Congratulations, you have just become the biggest moron who has ever posted on this forum.

GALATASARAY!
Messi19 u r sooo dumb! First y did u bring ratherton's avatar into this that is stupid and pointless and second ur a mean person. You might not like the team but u should still care when two random fans die from the rivalry unless u r some wierd wannabe hooligan trying to get attention. Also ur friends are strange for saying that they deserved it and if u agree then u just crazy. How would u like it if ur dad went to a game and then 2 hours after it u get a phone call saying he is dead.
Im so offended chicago. Leeds fans were sort of asking being knifed. If they go to Turkey thinking there all hard and knowing full well that Turkish fans have a reputation of carrying knives. And getting into fights with them when they have knives is pretty stupid of them to do. I dont like Leeds, there too cockey and think their the best. Now look at them, playing in league 1 and playing sh*t teams like Millwall, Cheltnham, Scunthorpe Hereford etc....
Oh, I see ive been rated a 1. Im crying so bad and im so upset, wah wah wah :cry: Just another nine 1 ratings to go before im disliked as much as Davidson9.

Davidson9
Veteran Member

How are you to know they went to Istanbul thinking they were hard, think about it, maybe they just wanted to go to Turkey to watch a football match and support the team they love, and all that bulls**t happened. And knock me as much as you want - I dont care.