do you like cristiano ronalo?

yes
57%
no
43%

Total votes: 35

Hugh
Veteran Member

expert wrote:Sorry, I don't mean to sound harsh.
What I'm saying is that if you want to judge a player and how good he is, look at his achievements, not just highlights of stepovers he did against crappy opposition.
I think this is especially true for Ronaldinho. He had the chance to become a legend at WC 2006 but blew it. Also, he was invisible at the 2006 Champs League final.
Actually I think Ronaldinho was let down because he was unfairly marketed. Prior to WC 2006 Ronaldinho was nike's golden boy (it's cronaldo right now) that means that he was more marketed than any other soccer player that was playing at that point. He was relentlessly used by Nike to sell shirts and cleats and then when he failed to impress at the WC (and in my view pretty much no one looked that spectacular... Remember Henry vs the swiss?) Nike dropped him like a hot potatoe. The next season he performed even better than the one before, but no one noticed because Nike didn't care about him, to my mind he's still one of the best players in the game, but he's being eclipsed by messi at barca.

And yeah, Messi, Ronaldo of brazil is by far the best striker that the game has ever produced. Injury has simply turned his history into a tradgedy, not made him less of a legend, like expert said, cristiano is not fit to shine his boots.

messi19
Veteran Member

mint wrote:yeah its alright c ronaldo the number one diver being able to perform in normal league matches and domestic competitions but he'll have to impress me in the current euros and the next world cup before i call him a great player.

im not saying ronaldos crap because hes not hes got some amazing talent but i dont think he is a great just yet.
Yeah but ive seen Ronaldo (Brazil) dive before and he can go over easily like Ronaldo (Portugal) for such a tall strong player. But the thing is when Ronaldo (Portugal) is 30 he will be as strong in every department as he is today, except his speed. Ive only seen Ronaldo (Brazil) as a simple foward like Van nistilrooy, but Ronaldo (Portugal) is so much more versatile and can play any position and still score goals and always peforms to his best.

I WRITE EVERYTHING FROM MY iPOD TOUCH!

soccer11
Admin

i've lost all respect for you messi19. anything you say from this point foward will not be taken seriously. how old are you? ronaldo was the best player by far for a lot of years. ronaldo will forever be remembered as one of the greatest (if not greatest) striker of all time.

messi19
Veteran Member

soccer11 wrote:i've lost all respect for you messi19. anything you say from this point foward will not be taken seriously. how old are you? ronaldo was the best player by far for a lot of years. ronaldo will forever be remembered as one of the greatest (if not greatest) striker of all time.
Im 13.

soccer11
Admin

messi19 wrote:
soccer11 wrote:i've lost all respect for you messi19. anything you say from this point foward will not be taken seriously. how old are you? ronaldo was the best player by far for a lot of years. ronaldo will forever be remembered as one of the greatest (if not greatest) striker of all time.
Im 13.
makes sense. you obviously never saw ronaldo in his prime or close to it. in 2002 you were only 7 so you probably don't remember. go watch some old games and you'll see what everyones talking about.

messi19
Veteran Member

Im not saying he was a bad player, but I only saw him play for Madrid so I can only go along with what ive seen.

soccer11
Admin

messi19 wrote:Im not saying he was a bad player, but I only saw him play for Madrid so I can only go along with what ive seen.
he was still pretty damn good when he played in madrid. he was one of the leading scorers of la liga in almost every season he was there. his only problem was that he was injury-prone

redrover365
Veteran Member

messi19 wrote:
Im 13.
really 13? Wow, im 15 and ive been loving ronaldo since i was in kindergarten, he is the sh*t! Dont make stupid assumptions and statements when you cant back them up. I dont understand why he had a bad relationship with Pele though (read in a soccer magazine interviewing Ronaldo (yes R9))

If you believe IWGP's dog should not die of leukemia, then show him your support!

Davidson9
Veteran Member

redrover365 wrote:I dont understand why he had a bad relationship with Pele though (read in a soccer magazine interviewing Ronaldo (yes R9))

Huh? Never heard that.

soccer11
Admin

yea i'm curious now because i think i read the exact opposite somewhere, that they had a great relationship.

2brown347
Veteran Member

I've always heard him and Pele had a great relationship to. Messi19 I suggest you go on youtube and find the comp of all Ronaldo's barca goals and you'll understand why he's a great, you've just been tricked by cr7 being so marketed.

Davidson9
Veteran Member

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Time will tell of course, but as of now, C. Ronaldo does not come close to achieving the same status as Ronaldo (Brasil).

soccer11
Admin

amazing really. he looks like he got shot out of a cannon on most of those. best striker i have ever seen, and probably will ever see.

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Shouldn't that be a 5/5 then? :P

Anyway you are right, he is the best striker I have ever seen play, and that was his best season in his whole career, he may have become World-Wide at Real, but Barca was his launch pad into Superstardom. I think that has to go down as one of the best season's of a single player in the history of the game. Plus those Barca kits where mean.