57%
no
43%

Total votes: 35

Nat_H
Veteran Member

Now that we're on the topic of Ronaldo and teamwork I'll throw this out here:
http://soccernet-att.espn.go.com/news/s ... 45&cc=5901

And 2brown, who, in your opinion, is more skillful than Ronaldo?

2brown347
Veteran Member

Nat_H wrote:Now that we're on the topic of Ronaldo and teamwork I'll throw this out here:
http://soccernet-att.espn.go.com/news/s ... 45&cc=5901

And 2brown, who, in your opinion, is more skillful than Ronaldo?
Depends what you mean by skillful, but when I think of it I think of someone who seems to have complete control over the ball and can manipulate it however they want while dribbling. So IMO I'd say possible Messi, Robinho, Villa, those are just a couple I consider more skillful, if you consider skillful to be quick moves and stuff then I guess cr7 would fit your bill perfectly but that's more wasteful then skillful IMO

Hugh
Veteran Member

Nat_H wrote:And 2brown, who, in your opinion, is more skillful than Ronaldo?
Messi, Zizou, Ronaldinho and Kaka

2brown347
Veteran Member

Hugh wrote:
I didn't add Kaka and Ronaldinho out of laziness and Zidane due to the fact he's no longer active, but the REAL Ronaldo was far more skillful to.

messi19
Veteran Member

2brown347 wrote:
Hugh wrote:
I didn't add Kaka and Ronaldinho out of laziness and Zidane due to the fact he's no longer active, but the REAL Ronaldo was far more skillful to.
Are you talking about the fat, goofy teethed one?

I WRITE EVERYTHING FROM MY iPOD TOUCH!

2brown347
Veteran Member

messi19 wrote:
2brown347 wrote:
Hugh wrote: Messi, Zizou, Ronaldinho and Kaka
Are you talking about the fat, goofy teethed one?
Correct sir, hell half the moves that dinho and cr7 are known for were at least popularized by him meaning that's where they saw them

expert
Site Admin

2brown347 wrote:I find it amazing how much more physical the game was back then, I've watch Pele clips and seen that but not tackles and punches
I don't think back in the day they were more aggressive. That particular game Brazil was playing nasty because Holland was controlling the possession and the ref had made some bad calls. But even today, matches can often turn violent.
2brown347 wrote:Depends what you mean by skillful, but when I think of it I think of someone who seems to have complete control over the ball and can manipulate it however they want while dribbling
Good answer 2brown347. There's many different skills that we could talk about.
Nat_H wrote:OK I desist, obviously everyone has their own opinion about Ronaldo and no one is willing to change it (including myself )
Yeah, in general it's a bad idea to try and change somebody's opinion. :)
2brown347 wrote:cr7 is one of those players who disrupts fluent team play. his pass to quesma doesn't mean he's not selfish, all the times he has a chance to pass and doesn't means he is. IMO he's a cancer to the game, and despite what he does on the field he'll never be a great in my book
Hehe, I wouldn't go that far. I mean the guy is a winger, and it's the winger's job to hold and run with the ball. It's true, he's good at that.
But most kids just look at selected compilations of his stepovers, missing the big picture. A good player affects the outcome of IMPORTANT games. Consistently.

Nat_H
Veteran Member

Well, good examples, Hugh and 2brown, especially Kaka and Zizou (two of my fav players), but again this is all opinion. By skillful I mean physical ability (not talking about smarts, vision, or creativity). And yeah I meant right now, so Zizou (and imo 'Dinho) don't really count.

messi19
Veteran Member

Yeah but come on! You cant compare Ronaldo (Brazil) to Ronaldo of Portugal. Ronaldo (Portugal) has got much more skill than Ronaldo (Brazil). No one ever talks about Ronaldo (Brazil) anymore, when people talk about Ronaldo thier refering to Cristiano Ronaldo, never the fat Ronaldo of Brazil.

I WRITE EVERYTHING FROM MY iPOD TOUCH!

2brown347
Veteran Member

messi19 wrote:Yeah but come on! You cant compare Ronaldo (Brazil) to Ronaldo of Portugal. Ronaldo (Portugal) has got much more skill than Ronaldo (Brazil). No one ever talks about Ronaldo (Brazil) anymore, when people talk about Ronaldo thier refering to Cristiano Ronaldo, never the fat Ronaldo of Brazil.
You're talking about one of the greatest and most successful players ever. You don't hear people talk about him anymore due to the fact that he's older and injured but in his prime was better then cr7. I can't remember where I posted it but at barca Ronaldo had 25+ (don't remember exact number) with under 40 shots, while cr7 took over 200 shots last season and made 30+. Basically cr7 scores on less then 1% of his shots, while Ronaldo in his prime scored over 50% of his. If you don't have respect for Ronaldo then you've obviously never taken the time to look at what a amazing player is.

mint
EF Drug Baron

yeah ronaldo of brazil was an amazing player in his prime, i dont really know much of ronaldo of brazil but what i do know is that he was one hell of a player.
i was made to ignite

expert
Site Admin

messi19, you don't know what you're talking about.
Ronaldo of Brazil has been at 3 World Cup finals, has scored the most goals in the World Cup history (more than Pele) and has won all major trophies and personal award in soccer.
C.Ronaldo is not worthy of shining his boots.

mint
EF Drug Baron

expert wrote:C.Ronaldo is not worthy of shining his boots.
well said expert well said

300th post :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
i was made to ignite

expert
Site Admin

Sorry, I don't mean to sound harsh.
What I'm saying is that if you want to judge a player and how good he is, look at his achievements, not just highlights of stepovers he did against crappy opposition.
I think this is especially true for Ronaldinho. He had the chance to become a legend at WC 2006 but blew it. Also, he was invisible at the 2006 Champs League final.

mint
EF Drug Baron

yeah its alright c ronaldo the number one diver being able to perform in normal league matches and domestic competitions but he'll have to impress me in the current euros and the next world cup before i call him a great player.

im not saying ronaldos crap because hes not hes got some amazing talent but i dont think he is a great just yet.
i was made to ignite