do you like cristiano ronalo?

yes
57%
no
43%

Total votes: 35

BGbeast23
Veteran Member

steve-0 wrote:and how do u know he has no gratitude to man united? did he text u to tell u or sumthing?
No, just judging by his leaving the club after they've done so much for him, it was just an opinon. Well, I guess Real just loves to snatch up our best players :cry: .

Anyway, I hope that Ronaldo does move, personally, then maybe we can get more players who will do more for the club in the long run. Players that don't dive and don't hog the spotlight as much.

Hugh
Veteran Member

steve-0 wrote:agreed. man u and sir alex helped ronaldo a zutload. BUT ronaldo in return has helped them win. ronaldo doesn't owe united any favors. there's nothing more for him at united. i want him to stay but a move to real madrid will help his career more.
I'm actually not sure why he's moving, it really doesn't make sense, he's already playing in the best league in the world on one of the best teams in the world. He can't possibly be leaving to play more champs league football because I believe that Man United won that this year.

In my opinion he's leaving because he hates how english fans call him a fag for diving (which he is, because he dives) and is making the move to spain because he believes that at real madrid he'll be allowed to dive and no one will care since it's a less physical league. Which to me is both cowardly and stupid, he's joining a lesser team so that he can perpetuate a bad habit, it's like a drug addiction or something...

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

I think C.Ronaldo is it in for the money. No other explanation needed really. We all know R. Madrid will give him a really good paycheck and yeah in Spain there is more flair and diving so his style of play will fit in well. But I really think it comes down to money.

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Croatianblood1 wrote:I think C.Ronaldo is it in for the money. No other explanation needed really. We all know R. Madrid will give him a really good paycheck and yeah in Spain there is more flair and diving so his style of play will fit in well. But I really think it comes down to money.
That and...there's just nothing else for him to do in England. I mean he got them a couple prem titles, champs league, he's won everything there is to win in England so why not move on? I wouldn't mind seeing him going. I think we can get along just fine without him if he wants to leave so bad. Also, I'm tired of everyone complaining about him and making excuses of how if Ronaldo "didn't do this" and Ronaldo "didn't do that" the league would be so much better etc. etc. Good riddance.

dhs

steve-0 wrote:agreed. man u and sir alex helped ronaldo a zutload. BUT ronaldo in return has helped them win. ronaldo doesn't owe united any favors. there's nothing more for him at united. i want him to stay but a move to real madrid will help his career more.

he'll prolly be at united at the beginning of the season cuz he does have a contract to fulfill.

and how do u know he has no gratitude to man united? did he text u to tell u or sumthing?

and yea, he is a diving diva, but who isn't now a days.
I feel that in that article this is exactly what Pele was talking about a lack of respect and love, hes only staying to fulfill a contract feels like the whole game has become only professional and lost all of its fun. Doing something just because it will help your career alittle ( i dont see how anyway) is another thing pele was talking about the players moving around so much there is no loyalty.

Also steve-o i am pretty sure u are young maybe 13-14 and i kinda think it sucks that at that age you have already excepted diving and having no loyalty.

sorry for the semi rant

NewBornProdigy
Admin

man the thing i find the worst is he's basically garunteed the world player of the year award even if he makes an almightly fu** up by moving to madrid... no-one came even close to challenge him for it, (face it messi, kaka and any other name you can think of didn't do sh*t compared to him)... i totally beleive he deserve's it...
but it takes so much credit away from the former winners, ronaldo is an absolutly fantastic athlete and player, but his short-comings against important teams (i'm not talking about scoring goals, he did his job in that aspect) ronaldo's real faults were in his team preformances... only for a fantastic team around him he wouldn't have shone half as brightly...

take two years ago, Barcelona vs AC Milan champions leauge semi
ronaldinho stole the show that day, he was god of football at the time, gattuso man marking him and ronaldinho breezed past him constantly, the near the middle of the game he flicked the ball over jaap stam and passed it to guily and turned round with that trademark toothy grin and winked at puyol, he represtented all that was beautiful about the game skill, thrill but most important enjoyment...
ronaldinho got world player of the year the second time in a row that year (and he deserved it)

take 2002, Ronaldo (the real ronaldo)
at the world cup, this man was the heartbeat of the brazillian team, putting the ball in the net at the most important times, it got to the stage when he was scoring for fun (even in the final) a massive game, not once did pressure rock him, he was simply the best... and had been for the few years before that, i strongly beleive that if temptation and injuries didn't curse him he would have bin up with Maradona, Pele and Zidane as the greatest players to grace the game...
ronaldo won the world player of the year award 3 times (his first at the age of 20)

Zidane vs Brazil, 2006 world cup
everyone said he was too old, but zidane single handedly carried a brutal french team to the world cup final... all through his career his touch of gold amazed everyone who set eyes on him... witness his champions leauge final 'super volley' for madrid, countless moments of magic and finesse has lead him to win it 3 times, he came second in 2006 (but he should have come first, but for a nasty family remark by matteratzi)

Cristiano Ronaldo, AC Milan vs Man United 2007 semi final (both legs)
went into the games with huge pressure, milan planned to man mark him with gatusso, unlike what ronaldinho acheived the year before, ronaldo touched the ball twice...

Barcelona vs Man Untied 2008 semi
missed a peno in the 3rd minute, only went through thanks to united's true best player, paul scholes, and united were treated to an amazing preformance by lionel messi...

he went un-noticed in alot of big games this season (i know its cliched), and i do belive he is a fantastic player... but the real GREAT players don't miss penalties in semi-finals (i can't blame him for the final miss cause it can happen to anyone) GREAT players get standing Ovations off madrid fans playing for their rival team 'barca'

simply ronaldo has become an icon of hate and jeasolsy, he is fantastically skilled but he doesn make people's hearts thump with passion after 30 stepovers in anyway the same as ronaldinho doing 2

Ronaldo represents skill and anger because of his aroggant and selfish use of it

Ronaldinho represents skill and joy because of his genius use of it

ronaldo will ruin the game with his attitude to the game, right now he is brilliantly skilled and works hard for it... and idol for all kids, but he dives, he cries and he threatens to move to madrid for his girlfriend and money, which kids who love him will begin to look up to

Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Maradona all ruined their talent and ability by bad choices

i just hope CR7 stops himself before he makes one and ends up like the rest of them

and i know this sounds stupid, but i actually beleive fabregas was a contender for world player of the year this year (only for arsenal not winning anything), and if he continues to develop at this rate he will win it next year...
and he is the best player at the euro's, hasnt put a foot wrong... just try name someone more influencial

steve-0
Veteran Member

dhs wrote:

he'll prolly be at united at the beginning of the season cuz he does have a contract to fulfill.

and how do u know he has no gratitude to man united? did he text u to tell u or sumthing?

and yea, he is a diving diva, but who isn't now a days.
I feel that in that article this is exactly what Pele was talking about a lack of respect and love, hes only staying to fulfill a contract feels like the whole game has become only professional and lost all of its fun. Doing something just because it will help your career alittle ( i dont see how anyway) is another thing pele was talking about the players moving around so much there is no loyalty.

Also steve-o i am pretty sure u are young maybe 13-14 and i kinda think it sucks that at that age you have already excepted diving and having no loyalty.

sorry for the semi rant
lol. i thot that was worthy of a rofl.

yea i consinder myself pretty young. 16 to be exact but like 6 at heart. i also wanna add that ppl leave teams all the time. and i can always tell that ronaldo enjoys playing the game. in my opinion that is.

and i have excepted, i mean accepted diving and have no loyalty. it's part of the game nao. it's sad, but u jus hav to accept it and the sooner other ppl can the better. im not saying it's right, but it's part of the game nao.

good post newbornprodigy.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

theres this businessman in my town called Chris Robertson who owns a couple of successful businesses, anyway long story short he's fu**ing loaded, he's got a ferrari, a lambo, a big-ass bentley and the million pound house, the registration plate on his bentley is CR7 cristiano has apperently offered robertson £180,000 for the plates about $360,000 and he REJECTED it

anyway, i thought that was pretty cool and makes me wonder how rich robertson actually is if he wont sell 2 kilos of allumininium for 180 grand, although i think he's holding out for a bigger offer

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

2brown347
Veteran Member

NewBornProdigy wrote: strongly beleive that if temptation and injuries didn't curse him he would have bin up with Maradona, Pele and Zidane as the greatest players to grace the game...
ronaldo won the world player of the year award 3 times (his first at the age of 20)

Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Maradona all ruined their talent and ability by bad choices
Good post but I have to disagree on a few things.

1. I'd say that Ronaldo is considered up there with Pele, Maradona, Best, etc. as one of the GREATS by many if not the majority of people. (the real ronaldo)

2. Ronaldinho is still young enough to regain his form, he had one bad season and everyone is writing him off, I personally believe he'll shine again tbh, not to the level he was but still.

3. The real Ronaldo didn't really ruin his talent by bad choices, he's done great his entire career and the only thing that has really effected him is injury.

4. I agree 100% that Ronaldo doesn't show up to big games and that he's a great athlete, but I'll NEVER consider him a great player, and tbh don't think he's the best right now, he scored lots of goals but imo statistics speak a lot about a player and once u look past his goals they aren't that good. That being said there is much more to soccer then goals, which are basically what the diving douche bag offers.

flyhigh19
Veteran Member

The brazillian Ronaldo was plagued by injuries. If he was healthy his entire career, then he would definitely be one of the greats without question (if you don't already think he is). Because of injuries at least 3 years of his career (accumilated) not including the times he didn't play at full strength went to waste. He didn't really make any bad decisions during his career until now of course with the transvistites, but this is very late in his career and doesn't really affect his playing since hes out for like 8 months with a knee injury.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

1. I'd say that Ronaldo is considered up there with Pele, Maradona, Best, etc. as one of the GREATS by many if not the majority of people. (the real ronaldo)

2. Ronaldinho is still young enough to regain his form, he had one bad season and everyone is writing him off, I personally believe he'll shine again tbh, not to the level he was but still.

3. The real Ronaldo didn't really ruin his talent by bad choices, he's done great his entire career and the only thing that has really effected him is injury.

4. I agree 100% that Ronaldo doesn't show up to big games and that he's a great athlete, but I'll NEVER consider him a great player, and tbh don't think he's the best right now, he scored lots of goals but imo statistics speak a lot about a player and once u look past his goals they aren't that good. That being said there is much more to soccer then goals, which are basically what the diving douche bag offers.
these are fair points 2brown347

but if you look at ronaldo (R9)
he was plauged by injuries BUT you can't honestly say that he didn't start to enjoy easy life... he started to party more and play less even when he was fit... at one stage he was made train on his own (sometimes with becks) because his lack of passion, thats why madrid sold him

ok he is pretty old... but he could have bin alot better of a player if it wasn't for bad luck and bad judgement

AND on ronaldinho:
yes i think he WILL regain his form (mabye not to his previous level)

but think what he would have bin like if he never lost it?

just like what happened to R9 he became addicted to beautiful women (however he pulled them with that face) not the beautiful game...

Man one thing we all forget about C. Ronaldo is he's 23 he has at least 3-5 years before he hits his peak

shahensha
Veteran Member

Hugh wrote: In my opinion he's leaving because he hates how english fans call him a fag for diving (which he is, because he dives) and is making the move to spain because he believes that at real madrid he'll be allowed to dive and no one will care since it's a less physical league.
lmfao

Have you seen any la liga games? I guess not cause if you had any knowledge of that league, you would have known refs actually give away cards for diving and such non-sense.

yes its a less physical league but tactically its much superior.

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

2brown347 wrote:4. I agree 100% that Ronaldo doesn't show up to big games and that he's a great athlete, but I'll NEVER consider him a great player, and tbh don't think he's the best right now, he scored lots of goals but imo statistics speak a lot about a player and once u look past his goals they aren't that good. That being said there is much more to soccer then goals, which are basically what the diving douche bag offers.
The last time I checked, the only thing that wins games are goals.

Hugh
Veteran Member

shahensha wrote:yes its a less physical league but tactically its much superior.
Eh, if you want tactics watch american football. I'd be surprised if there is less diving in La Liga, as you may have gathered I don't have a very high opinion of continental leagues.

messi19
Veteran Member

Hugh wrote:
shahensha wrote:yes its a less physical league but tactically its much superior.
Eh, if you want tactics watch american football. I'd be surprised if there is less diving in La Liga, as you may have gathered I don't have a very high opinion of continental leagues.
Yeah, there is a lot more diving in La liga.

I WRITE EVERYTHING FROM MY iPOD TOUCH!