do you like cristiano ronalo?

yes
57%
no
43%

Total votes: 35

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

he is not the only player who tries to fake the keeper,alot of people do it,even Zidane did it alot...that way,when the keeper guesses wrong u just have to tap it the other way,so the chances of u blasting it over the bar are slim
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

messi19
Veteran Member

tevezaholic wrote:he is not the only player who tries to fake the keeper,alot of people do it,even Zidane did it alot...that way,when the keeper guesses wrong u just have to tap it the other way,so the chances of u blasting it over the bar are slim
Well he did blast it over against Barcelona.

I WRITE EVERYTHING FROM MY iPOD TOUCH!

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

messi19 wrote:
tevezaholic wrote:he is not the only player who tries to fake the keeper,alot of people do it,even Zidane did it alot...that way,when the keeper guesses wrong u just have to tap it the other way,so the chances of u blasting it over the bar are slim
Well he did blast it over against Barcelona.
:lol: thats because he is overrated and pissy,....just joking,so u guys know.....he has got skill but he is overrated to me
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

2brown347
Veteran Member

messi19 wrote:Yeah but sometimes you see alot of players stutter just before they take the penalty and it can put the goalie off abit. I always stutter in the last 3 steps before I take a penalty and it normally works, I go for the same spot each time, top left corner and it always works for me :D
I just don't like PK's to begin with and keepers are already at a disadvantage. At that level they have to jump before the ball is kicked most the time so to let players stutter or stop before they kick seems cheap to me. If there are pk's then you should have to take a straight up honest shot from the spot, no fancy stutters, just kick the fu(king ball. Any decent player should be able to score from 12 yards

messi19
Veteran Member

2brown347 wrote:
messi19 wrote:Yeah but sometimes you see alot of players stutter just before they take the penalty and it can put the goalie off abit. I always stutter in the last 3 steps before I take a penalty and it normally works, I go for the same spot each time, top left corner and it always works for me :D
I just don't like PK's to begin with and keepers are already at a disadvantage. At that level they have to jump before the ball is kicked most the time so to let players stutter or stop before they kick seems cheap to me. If there are pk's then you should have to take a straight up honest shot from the spot, no fancy stutters, just kick the fu(king ball. Any decent player should be able to score from 12 yards
HAHA lol. I did hear once about 40 years ago someone was sent off because he stutterd before the penalty, apparently it was "bad sportsmanship" Ah, how the rules have changed!

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member

2brown347 wrote:
It's cheap? Ha, why make it harder for yourself? If stutter stepping makes it easer to score, why the hell wouldn't you do it?

And yeah, any decent player should be able to score from 12 yards, but take into account that all great PK takers have missed. There is a lot more taken into account then just kicking it into the net.

messi19
Veteran Member

As the pyshco's say its "90% mental 10% pyhiscal" and its sort of true. You have to out think the keeper and have in your mind where your going to place the ball.

2brown347
Veteran Member

ForzaMilan wrote: It's cheap? Ha, why make it harder for yourself? If stutter stepping makes it easer to score, why the hell wouldn't you do it?

And yeah, any decent player should be able to score from 12 yards, but take into account that all great PK takers have missed. There is a lot more taken into account then just kicking it into the net.
I'm one of those people who don't think football needs to be a higher scoring sport tbh, and pk's imo are a cheap way to score. Hell minus cr7's pk's from his scoring record and his season hasn't near as impressive as torres. Like I said before Pele said penalties are a cowardly way to score. Even the real Ronaldo didn't take many PK's and I'm guessing it was for the same reason.

So basically my OPINION is that stuttering on pk's is a bitch move and stopping is even bitchier.

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

yea i agree....i really hate when people score penalties and start running off and celebrating like if they just scored a 90mph shot from 50 yards out..i think its ridiculous....scored from the penalty spot...shake some of your team mates' hands and let the game get back on the way!
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

BGbeast23
Veteran Member

Yeah, I saw a kid last weekend who scored the winning PK and did a Brandi Chastain. I just rolled my eyes and walked away.

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member

If you score a pk to win a game its different, you arent necassarily happy you scored a pk, just that you scored the winning goal, youd be happy wouldnt you?

casar22
Veteran Member

In my opinion, a PK is like a gift. The opponent might have given it to the other team(Or the ref :roll: ) but that doesnt mean its a coward goal its the other team's fault(or the ref's :roll: hehe :D )
ForzaMilan wrote:If you score a pk to win a game its different, you arent necassarily happy you scored a pk, just that you scored the winning goal, youd be happy wouldnt you?
You are right ForzaMilan...

Bienvenido Cristiano Ronaldo!

Hugh
Veteran Member

tevezaholic wrote:yea i agree....i really hate when people score penalties and start running off and celebrating like if they just scored a 90mph shot from 50 yards out..i think its ridiculous....scored from the penalty spot...shake some of your team mates' hands and let the game get back on the way!
Totally agree, in fact I find myself almost unable to properly celebrate unless I've scored a stunner. And since I play striker most of my goals are just finishes, not proper goals, so I don't get to celebrate as much as I should. I mean I'm happy that I've scored, but when I just tap it in, or head it in or whatever I don't feel like celebrating. I need to have beaten like 2 guys and sidefooted the keeper, or just scored from outside the 18 to feel like running around and doing the airplane, mostly I just yell "yes" and pump my arm once, and I don't think I've ever celebrated from a penalty.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Hugh wrote:
tevezaholic wrote:yea i agree....i really hate when people score penalties and start running off and celebrating like if they just scored a 90mph shot from 50 yards out..i think its ridiculous....scored from the penalty spot...shake some of your team mates' hands and let the game get back on the way!
Totally agree, in fact I find myself almost unable to properly celebrate unless I've scored a stunner. And since I play striker most of my goals are just finishes, not proper goals, so I don't get to celebrate as much as I should. I mean I'm happy that I've scored, but when I just tap it in, or head it in or whatever I don't feel like celebrating. I need to have beaten like 2 guys and sidefooted the keeper, or just scored from outside the 18 to feel like running around and doing the airplane, mostly I just yell "yes" and pump my arm once, and I don't think I've ever celebrated from a penalty.
While we are talking about this, I rarely celebrated at all this year for high school goals. I usually just turned around and walked away haha. Seems kind of cocky I guess, but I didn't mean to be cocky.

unknown

i guess all americans should know how to speak native-american languagues? or brits should know an ass load of languages considering how many countries they colonized.

back on topic tho:
i think ronaldo's heading isnt that great its his sense of positioning he is a tall guy so the heading comes easily because he finds himself in that great position a lot