The Perfect Player

Discuss and compare your favorite players
frizzyan
Veteran Member

The Perfect Player

Post by frizzyan » 27 Jun 2005, 19:50

If there ever was a perfect player, describe his or her attributes:

I know this is hard because there is no such thing as a perfect player, but let's just say the closest thing to the perfect player.

Ronaldinho10

Post by Ronaldinho10 » 27 Jun 2005, 19:59

He/She should be able to : do anything with a football , hard worker , a winner , have a football brain , great vision , touch , shooting , control , power , technique , strong mentally , take free kicks and penalties , dribbling , not mouth off at refs and use dirty tactics , hard but fair tackler - the list could go on and on but these are all I can think of at the moment :D
Without doubt.
Credit AC _Milan>* for the sig.

frizzyan
Veteran Member

Post by frizzyan » 28 Jun 2005, 09:01

Yeah i agree with some of what you said.

He/She should also be able to play anywhere, and that includes goalie.

He/she should have ultra stamina, deft-tocuh control, lightning speed, an extremely high shooting accuracy, an equally high assist and tackling success rate, is able to intercept, read the game well, head the ball extremely well, knows different tactics and can play in any tactical game, knows how to balance dribbling with team play. He/she also looks after teammates and is a natural leader on the pitch. A player that both sets of team equally respect.

Off-the field he/she is a hardworking player, trains all the time. Devotes time to family though as well, guides younger players and leads them, analyzes games, is an awesome role model for fellow professionals and for the general public. more importantly, is a great charitable contributor.

matt
EF Forum Legend

Post by matt » 28 Jun 2005, 09:30

apart frm the defensive side of things u seem to be describing thierry henry!!! which is fair enough....
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

HJK

Post by HJK » 28 Jun 2005, 14:09

perfect player, Ronaldinho's creativity Zidane's ball control, Maradona's dribbling, Ruud van nistelrooy's finishing, Beckhams free kicks with right foot
Roberto carlos's free kicks with left foot, Micheal Ballack's heading ability,
Thierry Henry's speed,Rooney's age so he has potential :shock: and Oliver Kahns relfexes ( b/c keepers are players too :wink: )

i'm not finished but thats about as perfect as u can get

frizzyan
Veteran Member

Post by frizzyan » 28 Jun 2005, 15:01

apart frm the defensive side of things u seem to be describing thierry henry!!! which is fair enough....
Did I not mention headering? No offence but henry isn't the best model off the field, nor can he play in center mid, left wing or right wing. Yes not left wing because he played there at Juve and it was a disaster!

But hey, Henry's great, but he's not the perfect player by far. Not even Pele.

R9
New User

Post by R9 » 28 Jun 2005, 15:28

Nice theard..

Personally i think Ronaldinho is the closest player to perfection ever. simply because i dont see anything that this guy dosent have in soccer skills. i dont think hes the best in everything ( speed, shooting etc ) but hes level in every aspect of this game is extremly high and hes unmatched in dribbling and ball control atleast today.

If not Ronaldinho i would have picked maradona ofcourse.

and about today i think the level of play in the world is at it best but still there is no one i can think off instead of Ronaldino as a perfect player.

Ronaldinho10

Post by Ronaldinho10 » 28 Jun 2005, 15:34

Did I not mention headering? No offence but henry isn't the best model off the field, nor can he play in center mid, left wing or right wing. Yes not left wing because he played there at Juve and it was a disaster!

But hey, Henry's great, but he's not the perfect player by far. Not even Pele.
How is Thierry Henry not a role model off the pitch?
Without doubt.
Credit AC _Milan>* for the sig.

frizzyan
Veteran Member

Post by frizzyan » 28 Jun 2005, 15:41

He is not a great role model because he is arrogant at times.

he has caused some controversy such as celebrating at a place where the diehard opponent supporters are. He has infuriated them.

He has also been involved in numerous occassions such as getting in trouble with the manager off the pitch, on the training grounds. (of course not arsene wenger)

f.C_Valencia

Post by f.C_Valencia » 28 Jun 2005, 17:21

HJK wrote:perfect player, Ronaldinho's creativity Zidane's ball control, Maradona's dribbling, Ruud van nistelrooy's finishing, Beckhams free kicks with right foot
Thierry Henry's speed,Rooney's age so he has potential :shock: and Oliver Kahns relfexes ( b/c keepers are players too :wink: )

agreed

Maradona
Veteran Member

Post by Maradona » 28 Jun 2005, 18:04

f.C_Valencia wrote:
HJK wrote:perfect player, Ronaldinho's creativity Zidane's ball control, Maradona's dribbling, Ruud van nistelrooy's finishing, Beckhams free kicks with right foot

agreed
Adriano's strength and Ronaldo's pace
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

HJK

Post by HJK » 28 Jun 2005, 20:14

Maradona wrote:
f.C_Valencia wrote:

agreed
Adriano's strength and Ronaldo's pace
I forgot the defenders so Maldini's tackling and Cruyff's inteligence

R9
New User

Post by R9 » 28 Jun 2005, 20:16

ronaldinho has a better control then zidane O_o
about dribbling i think that ronaldo on 97-98 had the best dribble ever.
speed - r.carlos when he was younger was faster then henry and im almost sure hes still faster.
finishing- ronaldo no doubt. van nistelroy 2nd :d
+
beckz passing
vision im not sure but i would say ronaldinho mainly because of the blind passes. :C

f.C_Valencia

Post by f.C_Valencia » 29 Jun 2005, 15:32

R9 wrote:

ronaldinho has a better control then zidane O_o
about dribbling i think that ronaldo on 97-98 had the best dribble ever.
speed - r.carlos when he was younger was faster then henry and im almost sure hes still faster.
finishing- ronaldo no doubt. van nistelroy 2nd :d
+
beckz passing
vision im not sure but i would say ronaldinho mainly because of the blind passes. :C
are you from brazil?

frizzyan
Veteran Member

Post by frizzyan » 29 Jun 2005, 16:31

LOl HJK. you're using modern player's attributes. I say a perfect player probably has even better skills, which makes it impossible to find him in the year 2005 A.D