Transfer topic

Discuss and compare your favorite players
Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 14 Aug 2009, 09:25

Rulezzz wrote:
Wanderer wrote:tbh I think Jozy Altidore wud score more goals then Michael Owen.
thats ridiculous, he may do if owen is injured, but from what i have seen of altidore he is a long, long way from being the finished article, scoring goals in the mls is completely different to scoring in europe.
I was implying that, take away the if and replace it with when.

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 » 14 Aug 2009, 18:57

City are offering Barça a blank check for Messi, found it pretty funny, cause obviously nothings going to come of it, but at least we're throwing our weight around.

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 14 Aug 2009, 23:19

Davidson9 wrote:City are offering Barça a blank check for Messi, found it pretty funny, cause obviously nothings going to come of it, but at least we're throwing our weight around.
that's kind of interesting for a number of different reasons.
1) Blank check eh? if i was barcelona i'd test it out to see just how blank it is. Push it as high as it could go. They'd be dumb to not sell him if they could get it up to 150 million euros, dare I say 200 million. At that point I think Manshitty would rescind their blank check offer, but you might as well try, they seem kind of desperate.
2) Adebayor, Tevez, Robinho and now Messi? I think that would be a mistake. Where would these attackers play?had they not gotten Adebayor I'd say, alright maybe then but once they signed Adebayor, I figured that was it for the Messi talk. I just don't know how all these players would play together.

DR17

Post by DR17 » 15 Aug 2009, 01:20

soccer11 wrote:
Davidson9 wrote:City are offering Barça a blank check for Messi, found it pretty funny, cause obviously nothings going to come of it, but at least we're throwing our weight around.
that's kind of interesting for a number of different reasons.
1) Blank check eh? if i was barcelona i'd test it out to see just how blank it is. Push it as high as it could go. They'd be dumb to not sell him if they could get it up to 150 million euros, dare I say 200 million. At that point I think Manshitty would rescind their blank check offer, but you might as well try, they seem kind of desperate.
2) Adebayor, Tevez, Robinho and now Messi? I think that would be a mistake. Where would these attackers play?had they not gotten Adebayor I'd say, alright maybe then but once they signed Adebayor, I figured that was it for the Messi talk. I just don't know how all these players would play together.
I agree with you if they'd get messi for 150 million € they whould have to play five up front so the starts don't want to leave. Robinho,Tevez,Adebayor,Ireland,*messi*

There would be too many big ego's and the players would get into somekind of fight. Id say they renforce they,re midfield. Cause now they have a pretty tight defence.And of they get lescott. There's gonna be 3 good cb's altho it wouldn't be bad.

Id see man city like that.

Adebayor----Tevez

Robinho---Barry---De Jong ----- SWP

Zabaleta---Toure---Richards----Kompany

------------------Given

mustahfa14

Post by mustahfa14 » 15 Aug 2009, 01:38

lol dont forget about Ireland in that lineup. He was man city's best player last year. btw is craig bellamy still at man city? If so, then there is another forward.

they are not going to get lescott.

Arsenal fans- There is going to be 1 or 2 more signings for us as said by the man himself.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 15 Aug 2009, 12:50

mustahfa14 wrote:lol dont forget about Ireland in that lineup. He was man city's best player last year. btw is craig bellamy still at man city? If so, then there is another forward.

they are not going to get lescott.

Arsenal fans- There is going to be 1 or 2 more signings for us as said by the man himself.
Probably a 15 year old CB and a 12 year old french midfielder....
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 15 Aug 2009, 15:07

udinese20

Post by udinese20 » 16 Aug 2009, 10:57

Kakasgotskillz wrote:http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer ... abregas-on

WTF, did I miss something there?
nope, it's just another sad attempt to sell papers in Italy. It's funny how even though Wenger and Hill-Wood (Arsenal's chairman) said Cesc wasn't for sale (as recently as a two days ago), only Italian papers are saying he's as good as gone. Also, i find it pretty funny that they claim Milan bought him for 30-35 when 'apparently' Arsenal told Barca it would cost them 45M... a new low for the Italian media? I think so....

united10
Veteran Member

Post by united10 » 17 Aug 2009, 23:40

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... rs&cc=5901

vidic to barca?
idk i wanna know what soccer11 thinks...

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 18 Aug 2009, 02:29

united10 wrote:http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... rs&cc=5901

vidic to barca?
idk i wanna know what soccer11 thinks...
I will be really surprised if he leaves. I don't doubt that the story is true but I just don't see it happening, not yet at least. We've lost far too much this year, Sir Alex won't let him go this summer. Next summer maybe. I also expect big moves next summer so this might all be part of it. But if we were to lose Vidic now, I honestly think we can kiss the EPL title goodbye. It'd be bulls**t if he left now and would just give me all the more reason to hate barcelona.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 18 Aug 2009, 02:32

If I was Barca I would send them the check back with LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL written all over it. What a joke.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 18 Aug 2009, 14:04

Croatianblood1 wrote:
If I was Barca I would send them the check back with LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL written all over it. What a joke.
HAHAHAHA. I can see that being hilarious. Only topped by them trying to perpetuate a 419 scam with Man. City.

Vidic to Barca... Damn, that'd be interesting in the coming years. I wonder what his market value is... Any speculations?

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

mrbeankid22

Post by mrbeankid22 » 18 Aug 2009, 14:12

Luis Gil of the USMNT U17's is going to Arsenal...

http://goal.com/en-us/news/1614/america ... -youngster

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 18 Aug 2009, 14:15

That's one of two 'big signings' from Wegner... He truly is mad, but hopefully, there is a method to it. :P In 8 or so years, Arsenal will be the most unstoppable team in football from his diligent youth work.

Good to see that the kid is American, though. Hope he's not a bust like some others.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 18 Aug 2009, 17:04

He's still very young and would require a loan to Belgium or Spain (I heard he has south american heritage) if we would want to offer him a contract in 3 years. Still too early to tell. But having Arsenal on a resume will get you future jobs. I hope it works out for him. He scored for the u16's on Saturday and apparently played with the U-17 Nats on the same day. Don't know how he did it but its pretty amazing given the time differences, flights,etc.