Transfer topic

Discuss and compare your favorite players
BGbeast23
Veteran Member

shahensha wrote: Wow Galacticos vs Dream team. La liga and el clasico is going to be so awesome this season!
Damn straight, I can't wait.

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

lol,i know ronaldo is like 99.99 % chance of going to madrid,but can u guys just say if he goes...he hasnt signed as yet,just wait and see what happens...although we all know he will sign,dont rush things
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

Hugh
Veteran Member

tevezaholic wrote:lol,i know ronaldo is like 99.99 % chance of going to madrid,but can u guys just say if he goes...he hasnt signed as yet,just wait and see what happens...although we all know he will sign,dont rush things
Hmmmm... tastes like... forlorn hope with a slight hint of desperation perhaps? :P

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

lol,i cant wait till the guy signs!!!lol but im trying not to talk to quick lol
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editor ... -you-today

Dont know if anyone else saw this but it is a great article, really shows the opportunity cost of buying ronaldo. The private greek islands looked especially enticing. It is a ridiculous amount of money, but to be honest i am glad it finally went through and there are some transfers happening, tends to get a bit boring in the off season.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Wanderer wrote:The any player who has left Man Utd Inc will become poor thingy is jz a myth. van Nisteroy and Beckham won a few league titles when they left. In contrast, Man Utd din win anything for two, three years after they left(03-06). Not to mention Diego Forlan, who has consistently scored loads for three seasons
Well Beckham didn't win anything from 2003-2007 in Madrid
Then Rudd popped up in the 2007 season and Madrid won the La Liga

...Then Beckham left to L.A.
...Then Rudd literally evaporated

Rudd's first season was good, and he was falling out with Fergie, so it should be considered a good move

Beckham was just idiotic to go, but cause he was they found Ronaldo
Its not the matter of the quantity that you have but wat ya can do with it, and United transfer conversion rate has always been poor
Jz thought Id point out

Man Utd Inc.
2003-2004 era
Kleberson, Djemba Djemba, Bellion, Howard,Ronaldo, Rooney
2 out of 6=0.33

2007-2008 era
Tevez, Nani, Anderson, Carrick, Hargreaves, Berbatov
2 out of 6=0.33

Liverpool
2007-2008 era
Skrtel, Torres, Keane, Babel, Mascherano, Benayoun
4 out of 6=0.66

Arsenal
2003-2004 era
Henry, Pires, Viera, Jeffers, Campbell, Reyes, Cygan,Gilberto
6 out of 8=0.75

2007-20008 era
Fabregas, van Persie, Nasri, Adebayor, Toure, Sagna, Flamini, Bendtner, Walcott, Rosicky, Arshavin
8 out of 11-0.72
I like how you don't even bother with Chealsa lol

But your right Fergie tends to build great teams, but wastes alot of cash in the process

KoNJa04
Veteran Member

NewBornProdigy wrote: I like how you don't even bother with Chealsa lol
well every "BIG STAR" Chelsea has bought they have ruined

shevchenko--waste
quarsema--waste (even tho its just a loan)

anyother names ppl would like to add?

klc123
Veteran Member

Its funny how Madrid *think* they will win things now that they have bought 2 supposedly superstars. You have to build the team from the back, give it some back bone and strength, look at chelsea, barcelona man u, all have fantastic defenses. Theres no point having ronaldo and kaka when you conceed 5 every time you score once. Barcelona will win the la liga next year, i predict a rematch of the CLF too, man united will turn up this time though hopefully. To be honest, i wouldn't be suprised if ronaldo turned around and didn't go because before he said his dream in madrid is dead, but then again this is ronaldo so he could be pissing about with us to make us worry or he could be trying to get a big pay off madrid lmao.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

shahensha wrote:
Wow Galacticos vs Dream team. La liga and el clasico is going to be so awesome this season!
I don't think so.....This is just my opinion, but real's defense sucks, and bringing in two atack minded players isn't really going to help them......And jsut because Real has a bunch of superstars doesn't mean they'll win anything, look at Liverpool.... :wink: I think Barca win will La Liga again and butt rape Real in the process....
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

MSILancer7
Veteran Member

MUFC1994 wrote:
shahensha wrote:
Wow Galacticos vs Dream team. La liga and el clasico is going to be so awesome this season!
I don't think so.....This is just my opinion, but real's defense sucks, and bringing in two atack minded players isn't really going to help them......And jsut because Real has a bunch of superstars doesn't mean they'll win anything, look at Liverpool.... :wink: I think Barca win will La Liga again and butt rape Real in the process....
I agree. How many times did Barca score against real at the bernabeu? SIX how many goals will ronaldo and kaka stop Zero its pretty hard to beat teams when you let in SIX goals, even with two prostitutes of soccer

RT90
Sophomore Member

the new Galacticos will be just as successful as the old. Last time around they had even more big names (Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo R9, Roberto Carlos, Beckham) and barely won anything

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

But what is the chance, with Manuel Pellegrini at the helm, and a reworked Madrid that Barca are able to put 6 past Casillas again? I'd say something between 0-10%. From what's happening right now we might even see a reverse.
RT90 wrote:the new Galacticos will be just as successful as the old. Last time around they had even more big names (Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo R9, Roberto Carlos, Beckham) and barely won anything
So do you mean they'll be successful or not?

Edit by NBP
-Double post sorted

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Apparently Man City is getting closer and closer to making a deal with Tevez.

http://goal.com/en-us/news/85/england/2 ... -city-move

soccer11
Admin

I think Real will still go for a defender or two. There's still a long summer ahead of us. I think the problem is defenders are harder to come by than attackers.
And In the words of the great shahensha, they can't score if they don't have the ball. Now I don't think they'll control the ball like Barcelona does, but with Kaka on your team and c.ronaldo, they'll definitely have more of the ball.

RT90
Sophomore Member

Kakasgotskillz wrote:
RT90 wrote:the new Galacticos will be just as successful as the old. Last time around they had even more big names (Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo R9, Roberto Carlos, Beckham) and barely won anything
So do you mean they'll be successful or not?
Sorry, I wasn't really clear the first time. Here's what I meant:
From 2002-2007 Real won only two La Liga title with their star-studded squad. Nothing else except a Supercopa (equivalent of the Community Shield in England). So out of 20 trophies in five years, they won three. Not bad, of course, but far from what you'd expect from a team with that many superstars.

IMO, 2002 was when the galacticos started because Ronaldo, best player in the world at that time joined, but i guess its different for everyone.

I realize that there's till a long summer ahead, but last time Real went crazy with the money, it was spent over a much longer period of time. I'm not very sure about this, but last time around, I don't think Real went around offering their players for trade, which is what they're doing right now. That's probably really unsettling for a lot of their players.