Transfer topic

Discuss and compare your favorite players
tevezaholic
Veteran Member

i heard someone say its up to ronaldo to go...i think he will go,since he is the one who put in a transfer request from what i understand but im glad hes going,i want to see what manu is going to do,i thought they couldve loaned out nani but there might be a change of plans...who do u guys think manu will play if they dont buy a winger?
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

jessclark92

I am a Man Utd fan. Always have and Always will be. I remember the friendly at Sporting when I got to see how good Ronaldo really was. There was alot of hype around him at the youth championship that year since he did really well against players that were his age and 2-3 years older. Seeing him play against United and against players that were 5-10 years older than him was just amazing. The way he played you knew that he was going to draw alot of attention from bigger clubs.

I think it was smart of him to go with United (he could of held out and gone with Madrid or Barca instead) and I feel that he has honored his service to United. It would be nice to see him respect his contract and serve his remaining 4 years but by then he will have passed his "prime". Ronaldo has helped United a lot throughout his time with them and fans should be greatful to him. I think he is right that it's time for change and he's already won everything that he could of won at United so why not try to get better and go to a diffrent league. It will be a challenge for him and I'm sure he will surpass all expectations that Madrid and football fans have. In recent years, any player that has left United and gone to Real has done poorly (Beckham and Rudd), in my opinion.

Once you leave United and go to Real it's like taking a step down since Real hasn't been so sucsessful in recent years. Hopefully Perez can buy the top players that he wants since Real is going to need to rebuild. If you look at United, they have the right amount of youth and age in their ranks and Sir Fergie always finds great talent to replace those that have departed Old Trafford.

I think Kaka was smart in leaving Milan since Inter is too good and AC Milan is going to have major rebuilding problems, but so is Madrid. I feel that unless Real can get young and consistant players that Ramos can keep control of, Kaka and possibly (transfer isn't complete) Ronaldo will have made a bad move.

Overall I do hope Ronaldo is happy were every he gose since I haven't heard him say "I'm Happy" in any interviews lately, but I would hate to see two of the worlds best players wasted at a club that right now needs to spend more money (in the economic state we're in) to bring in new talent and start the rebuilding process early. This year Barca have dominated European football, but if Ronaldo stays at United, he has a better chance of winning another Champions League title and League title than going to Madrid and hopeing that Perez can get more talent around him and Kaka. If Ronaldo does go and the talent he displayed last year along with some talent bought in the transfer market, Real will have a good chance at winning La Liga but Barca will always give Real problems
Ronaldo impersinating Arsen Wenger

Rooney thinking: should I laugh or should I punch him?

Wanderer
Veteran Member

The any player who has left Man Utd Inc will become poor thingy is jz a myth. van Nisteroy and Beckham won a few league titles when they left. In contrast, Man Utd din win anything for two, three years after they left(03-06). Not to mention Diego Forlan, who has consistently scored loads for three seasons.

As for the myth that the ginsoak one always finds great talent...Berbatov, Nani, Anderson, Hargreaves= 80 mill. Says it all bout Ferguson's great scouting ability. Add to that, the fact that, after everybody knowing they hav 80 mill, clubs wud inflate prices when Utd wanna buy them too. 80 mil aint seem as big as it is.

As for Real Madrid, they can sign all the attackers they want, but untill they get a proper DM, or defence, they will find it hard to win trophies.

2brown347
Veteran Member

I'm so happy that douche cr7 is outta the EPL I could cry. Now only if Robben would come back..

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Its not the matter of the quantity that you have but wat ya can do with it, and United transfer conversion rate has always been poor
Jz thought Id point out

Man Utd Inc.
2003-2004 era
Kleberson, Djemba Djemba, Bellion, Howard,Ronaldo, Rooney
2 out of 6=0.33

2007-2008 era
Tevez, Nani, Anderson, Carrick, Hargreaves, Berbatov
2 out of 6=0.33

Liverpool
2007-2008 era
Skrtel, Torres, Keane, Babel, Mascherano, Benayoun
4 out of 6=0.66

Arsenal
2003-2004 era
Henry, Pires, Viera, Jeffers, Campbell, Reyes, Cygan,Gilberto
6 out of 8=0.75

2007-20008 era
Fabregas, van Persie, Nasri, Adebayor, Toure, Sagna, Flamini, Bendtner, Walcott, Rosicky, Arshavin
8 out of 11-0.72

2brown347
Veteran Member

wanderer it's great that your a liverpool fan but your giving credit where credit isn't due in a lot of your examples. Plus at the end of the day winning is more important than how good the buys you made are and Man U wins.

From a bias against both clubs POV

shahensha
Veteran Member

HAHA i knew cronaldo was going to end up in madrid

Its not surprising to see Madrid spend this much. They have always bought superstars in the past.

What is surprising is how Calderon talked about bringing in kaka and cronaldo to madrid for many years and failed, yet Perez bought the two previous golden ball winners in just a week.

That fellow delivered what he promised. He is resurrecting the galacticos to end the hegemony of the dream team reincarnate.

Wow Galacticos vs Dream team. La liga and el clasico is going to be so awesome this season!

soccer11
Admin

Wanderer wrote:Its not the matter of the quantity that you have but wat ya can do with it, and United transfer conversion rate has always been poor
Jz thought Id point out

Man Utd Inc.
2003-2004 era
2 out of 6=0.33

2007-2008 era
2 out of 6=0.33

Liverpool
2007-2008 era
4 out of 6=0.66

Arsenal
2003-2004 era
6 out of 8=0.75

2007-20008 era
Fabregas, van Persie, Nasri, Adebayor, Toure, Sagna, Flamini, Bendtner, Walcott, Rosicky, Arshavin
8 out of 11-0.72
you're all wrong about Hargreaves. He had a great season last season. He just happened to be injured this season. He's a very good player and i expect him to be back to full strength. You're judging him on one season, and misjudging him at that.

BGbeast23
Veteran Member

shahensha wrote: Wow Galacticos vs Dream team. La liga and el clasico is going to be so awesome this season!
Damn straight, I can't wait.

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

lol,i know ronaldo is like 99.99 % chance of going to madrid,but can u guys just say if he goes...he hasnt signed as yet,just wait and see what happens...although we all know he will sign,dont rush things
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

Hugh
Veteran Member

tevezaholic wrote:lol,i know ronaldo is like 99.99 % chance of going to madrid,but can u guys just say if he goes...he hasnt signed as yet,just wait and see what happens...although we all know he will sign,dont rush things
Hmmmm... tastes like... forlorn hope with a slight hint of desperation perhaps? :P

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

lol,i cant wait till the guy signs!!!lol but im trying not to talk to quick lol
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editor ... -you-today

Dont know if anyone else saw this but it is a great article, really shows the opportunity cost of buying ronaldo. The private greek islands looked especially enticing. It is a ridiculous amount of money, but to be honest i am glad it finally went through and there are some transfers happening, tends to get a bit boring in the off season.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Wanderer wrote:The any player who has left Man Utd Inc will become poor thingy is jz a myth. van Nisteroy and Beckham won a few league titles when they left. In contrast, Man Utd din win anything for two, three years after they left(03-06). Not to mention Diego Forlan, who has consistently scored loads for three seasons
Well Beckham didn't win anything from 2003-2007 in Madrid
Then Rudd popped up in the 2007 season and Madrid won the La Liga

...Then Beckham left to L.A.
...Then Rudd literally evaporated

Rudd's first season was good, and he was falling out with Fergie, so it should be considered a good move

Beckham was just idiotic to go, but cause he was they found Ronaldo
Its not the matter of the quantity that you have but wat ya can do with it, and United transfer conversion rate has always been poor
Jz thought Id point out

Man Utd Inc.
2003-2004 era
2 out of 6=0.33

2007-2008 era
2 out of 6=0.33

Liverpool
2007-2008 era
4 out of 6=0.66

Arsenal
2003-2004 era
6 out of 8=0.75

2007-20008 era
8 out of 11-0.72
I like how you don't even bother with Chealsa lol

But your right Fergie tends to build great teams, but wastes alot of cash in the process

KoNJa04
Veteran Member

NewBornProdigy wrote: I like how you don't even bother with Chealsa lol
well every "BIG STAR" Chelsea has bought they have ruined

shevchenko--waste
quarsema--waste (even tho its just a loan)

anyother names ppl would like to add?