Transfer topic

Discuss and compare your favorite players
Croatianblood1
Veteran Member
Posts: 2959
Joined: 25 May 2005, 21:36
Location: New York, USA

Post

I could see D. Villa going to Man City. I mean, if the money is there, why wouldn't he go? If Man City are willing to shell out $100 million for the man then I'm sure Valencia won't hesitate to sell him.
Image

mrbeankid22
Moderator
Posts: 728
Joined: 26 Jul 2005, 02:28
Location: Dallas, TX US

Post

There are stories surfacing that Kolo Toure has handed in a transfer request but it was denied by Arsenal.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member
Posts: 2117
Joined: 03 Jul 2007, 20:34

Post

mrbeankid22 wrote:There are stories surfacing that Kolo Toure has handed in a transfer request but it was denied by Arsenal.
Yeah apparently there was a bust up with Gallas. They can't stand each other.

Jay Simpson has left Arsenal and gone on loan to West Brom. Wilshere however is staying as Arsene says he is too young to leave,which I agree with.

MSILancer7
Veteran Member
Posts: 443
Joined: 13 Aug 2007, 14:04

Post

Man City have made their first of many signings this January.


http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... rs&cc=5901

soccer11
Admin
Posts: 4870
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA

Post

MSILancer7 wrote:Man City have made their first of many signings this January.


http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... rs&cc=5901
haha i'll laugh when wayne Bridge is their big signing this transfer window.
this is going to be an interesting month[/b]
Image

fawad000
Senior Member
Posts: 288
Joined: 01 Sep 2007, 18:15

Post

MSILancer7 wrote:Man City have made their first of many signings this January.
Well,TBH i was not expecting this from man city but i always get this feeling that he should be given preference over ashely cole at every front.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member
Posts: 2117
Joined: 03 Jul 2007, 20:34

Post

According to Arsene, Toure has withdrawn his transfer request.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member
Posts: 1847
Joined: 30 Mar 2005, 00:26
Location: Virginia, USA

Post

arsenalfc08 wrote:Wilshere however is staying as Arsene says he is too young to leave,which I agree with.
I don't think its so much that he's too young but rather that he's too good...

I have a sneaking suspicion that Andrei Arshavin will be an Arsenal player within the next couple of weeks. As far as I know he has committed to going and a contract is drawn up, but there is a snag with the purchase price, which Wenger is working on.

I've also heard that Brede Hangeland and Blaise Matuidi are coming to Arsenal too.
Last edited by mpcarres14 on 03 Jan 2009, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member
Posts: 2117
Joined: 03 Jul 2007, 20:34

Post

mpcarres14 wrote:
arsenalfc08 wrote:Wilshere however is staying as Arsene says he is too young to leave,which I agree with.
I don't think its so much that he's too young but rather that he's too good...

I have a sneaking suspicion that Andrei Arshavin will be an Arsenal player within the next couple of weeks. As far as I know he has committed to going and a contract is drawn up, but there is a snag with the purchase price that Wenger is working on.

I've also heard that Brede Hangeland and Blaise Matuidi are coming to Arsenal too.
I wouldn't mind having Handeland he has been fantastic for Fulham. We need a tall defender badly.

INTER1908
Veteran Member
Posts: 917
Joined: 06 Oct 2008, 04:37

Post

Haha, you should get Mertesacker, he is tall. Manchester are done with thier transfers so says Sir Alex Ferguson. It would be cool to see Arshavin at Arsenal. Nobody has money cause of the the depression is what a lot of premier league managers are saying.

I wish Inter would buy someone amazing, not somebody that everyone thinks of, but when we buy him everyone will be like "Oh, what a good idea!! I didn't even think of that guy.".
Image
Made by 2Brown.

2brown347
Veteran Member
Posts: 3339
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 04:15

Post

soccer11 wrote:
MSILancer7 wrote:Man City have made their first of many signings this January.


http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... rs&cc=5901
haha i'll laugh when wayne Bridge is their big signing this transfer window.
this is going to be an interesting month[/b]
It is the kind of move they need to be making. I'd actually like to see Man City not make a "big" move during January. What they need to do first is get better players to strengthen the squad then, then finish in a higher league postition, then make some purchases of better younger players during the summer to build for the future.

MVreddevil17
New User
Posts: 13
Joined: 11 Dec 2008, 20:01

Post

like i posted before i heard the exact same thing and, like i said, i think it would be a great move for man city because i think villa is the most consistent forward in the world, something man city need at the moment; but i am a united fan so hopefully this wont happen :D

soccer11
Admin
Posts: 4870
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA

Post

2brown347 wrote:
soccer11 wrote:
MSILancer7 wrote:Man City have made their first of many signings this January.


http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... rs&cc=5901
haha i'll laugh when wayne Bridge is their big signing this transfer window.
this is going to be an interesting month[/b]
It is the kind of move they need to be making. I'd actually like to see Man City not make a "big" move during January. What they need to do first is get better players to strengthen the squad then, then finish in a higher league postition, then make some purchases of better younger players during the summer to build for the future.
I know it's they type of move they need to be making but their owners don't seem to be thinking rationally and they aimed really high. If they would've said they were looking for players like this i would've been like, "oh cool, they're making their squad stronger." but when they make all these high profile names their main targets, i think it'd be funny if the biggest name they get is wayne bridge.
Image

fawad000
Senior Member
Posts: 288
Joined: 01 Sep 2007, 18:15

Post

Bayern Munich Confirm Ivica Olic Signing

http://www.fcbayern.t-home.de/en/news/n ... 4fe317ae20

Croatian blood in Munich :D

MSILancer7
Veteran Member
Posts: 443
Joined: 13 Aug 2007, 14:04

Post

soccer11 wrote:
2brown347 wrote:
soccer11 wrote: haha i'll laugh when wayne Bridge is their big signing this transfer window.
this is going to be an interesting month[/b]
It is the kind of move they need to be making. I'd actually like to see Man City not make a "big" move during January. What they need to do first is get better players to strengthen the squad then, then finish in a higher league postition, then make some purchases of better younger players during the summer to build for the future.
I know it's they type of move they need to be making but their owners don't seem to be thinking rationally and they aimed really high. If they would've said they were looking for players like this i would've been like, "oh cool, they're making their squad stronger." but when they make all these high profile names their main targets, i think it'd be funny if the biggest name they get is wayne bridge.
I agree i think that Man City needs to get the important positions (like defense not 15 strikers you only need three good ones and two youngins max) but it would be funny if after all this talk wayne bridge is their biggest (maybe only) signing.

fawad000 wrote:Bayern Munich Confirm Ivica Olic Signing

http://www.fcbayern.t-home.de/en/news/n ... 4fe317ae20

Croatian blood in Munich Very Happy
Yeah so much for bayern "done with signings" and having "plenty of strikers." I see this as a sign tnat Lukas Podolski is leaving and they have already bought his replacement.

Post Reply