Transfer topic

Discuss and compare your favorite players
2brown347
Veteran Member
Posts: 3339
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 04:15

Post

1. I posted that literally the post before you
2. Its what the Spanish media is saying, nothing official yet.

Davidson9
Veteran Member
Posts: 4471
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 18:41

Post

I'd think this is pretty official.

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member
Posts: 1925
Joined: 11 Aug 2006, 17:36

Post

Why the hell is every player being linked to Man City now? I think these players will be the biggest flop in history (Actually, second to shevchenko :lol: ) and Man City will be going to the championship by the end of the year. :D
Image

mint
EF Drug Baron
Posts: 2430
Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 20:38

Post

Image
i was made to ignite

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod
Posts: 3028
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 22:03

Post

HOLY CRAP.

A month of trying... Surely Rom could've outbid CITY?! What made this deal fly?

City are mad. Snatching Berba and now Robinho. Megaton epic final transfer day of the century.

Davidson9
Veteran Member
Posts: 4471
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 18:41

Post

Rome_Leader wrote:HOLY CRAP.

A month of trying... Surely Rom could've outbid CITY?! What made this deal fly?

City are mad. Snatching Berba and now Robinho. Megaton epic final transfer day of the century.
Abu Dhabi United Group took over from Shinawatra, and they have far more money than Thaksin does.

And Berbatov has signed for United. :x
http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pageg ... id=6617336

2brown347
Veteran Member
Posts: 3339
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 04:15

Post

Real Madrid just didn't want to sell to Chelsea IMO, I don't think the amount of money made that much of a difference.

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member
Posts: 1925
Joined: 11 Aug 2006, 17:36

Post

Davidson9 wrote:
Rome_Leader wrote:HOLY CRAP.

A month of trying... Surely Rom could've outbid CITY?! What made this deal fly?

City are mad. Snatching Berba and now Robinho. Megaton epic final transfer day of the century.
Abu Dhabi United Group took over from Shinawatra, and they have far more money than Thaksin does.

And Berbatov has signed for United. :x
http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pageg ... id=6617336
That's more like it. The apparent move to city left me scratching my head.


EDIT: OMG RIGHT WHEN I REPLACE HIM ON FANTASY PREMIERSHIP :evil: pisses me off...
Image

Kakafan22
Junior Member
Posts: 80
Joined: 30 Jul 2008, 00:32

Post

Image
Image

soccer11
Admin
Posts: 4870
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA

Post

this has been one of the craziest final transfer days i can remember in a while.
Image

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member
Posts: 2959
Joined: 25 May 2005, 21:36
Location: New York, USA

Post

mint wrote:http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 40,00.html

robinho has accepted citys offer.
Damn, they broke the British transfer record by buying Robinho. They payed £32.5 million for him, eclipsing the £31 Chelsea payed for Shevchenko in 2006.
Image

casar22
Veteran Member
Posts: 1068
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 23:09

Post

The transfer market went crazy in this last day. I can't believe Robinho is playing for Man City and that United got Bervatov in the very last second, which is good and what can I say about Quaresma? I just wanted him to leave Porto and I hope he does really well this season!
Image

Bienvenido Cristiano Ronaldo!

soccer11
Admin
Posts: 4870
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA

Post

agreed. now we'll see what kind of player quaresma really is when he's playing in a big time league. i'll be rooting for him and hope he does good.

robinho....holy sh*t. not much else to say. i definitely didn't see it coming. i was sure he was going to be a chelsea player.

berbatov going to Man U didn't surprise me as much because i thought he'd go there. the news that he was going to city did surprise me though.
Image

2brown347
Veteran Member
Posts: 3339
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 04:15

Post

soccer11 wrote:agreed. now we'll see what kind of player quaresma really is when he's playing in a big time league. i'll be rooting for him and hope he does good.

robinho....holy sh*t. not much else to say. i definitely didn't see it coming. i was sure he was going to be a chelsea player.

berbatov going to Man U didn't surprise me as much because i thought he'd go there. the news that he was going to city did surprise me though.
It's kinda funny how two weeks ago everyone was thinking Man City were gonna end up like Leeds, and now a top 4 finish seems possible and people are starting to say that England (and Italy) have top 5's now, not top 4's.

TH14
Veteran Member
Posts: 576
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 22:09

Post

I think what is more surprising, to me at least, was what didn't happen. Arsenal didn't sign anybody. I thought for sure Wenger would bring somebody in at last minute, but he didn't. He had 30 mil to spend! Wenger is a smart man and he usually knows what he is doing, but I'm getting tired of this thriftiness. Now is not the time. I know that splashing down big amounts of money on players doesn't always work out, and Wenger has never been about that, but there comes a point when you almost need to spend that large amount. Especially when you have such a young squad like Arsenal does. We needed a veteran leader in the midfield, and if not that, then a very tough and physical tackler. It didn't even need to be an established veteran (would've been the best choice) but we AT LEAST needed a hard working holding midfielder like we had in Flamini. But whatever, Wenger will make it work and we will still take League, no worries :D.
Image
Credit to keller8

"Arsenal will always be in my heart, my blood, my head." - Thierry Henry

Post Reply