Riquelme

Discuss and compare your favorite players
thegame
New User

Riquelme

Post by thegame » 23 Jun 2005, 18:11

Riquelme as reinvented himself.

Riquelme has always stood out for his intelligence, outstanding ability to keep hold of the ball and fearsome strike.

Considered to be one of his country's finest playmakers by the world media.

FIFA Technical Study Group. "It's amazing how well he controls the tempo of a game. If I had to name one player today who is worth the entrance fee alone, it would have to be Riquelme. With him, you’re guaranteed entertainment," said the Colombian TSG Member Francisco Maturana.

Maradona
Veteran Member

Post by Maradona » 24 Jun 2005, 01:54

He totally dominates the picth and he fits in every tactics of Pekerman's.
No doubt he is one heck of a playmaker. He is a key player for the team.
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 25 Jun 2005, 02:07

he's one of those players who just really knows what's going on. he has an awareness and flair that can't be taught
Hala Galacticos

supersyed
Veteran Member

Post by supersyed » 25 Jun 2005, 11:59

I lyk the way he givs nutmegs, got sum super styles. :D
Too much power.
www.soccerfreaks.co.nr

f.C_Valencia

Post by f.C_Valencia » 26 Jun 2005, 19:35

Riquelme's skills are unquestionable, and he looks kinda like maradona Oo

thegame
New User

Post by thegame » 27 Jun 2005, 20:18

most people think riquelme is slow but if u look at it quick legs and thinking doesnt require a player to have pace but a change in speed is essential

frizzyan
Veteran Member

Post by frizzyan » 27 Jun 2005, 20:22

I am sorry but I just think Riquelme is a little bit overrated because for me, he does way too many tricks and is not effective enough in his role as an attacker.

He's definitely good though no doubt about that and he's had a great season with Villareal. But I tend to find that after people who have watched his skill videos, they may overrate him.

But then, I love watching Riquelme's tricks they are wonderful. He has to move to a bigger club than Villareal if he wants more recognition after failing with Barca.

Maradona
Veteran Member

Post by Maradona » 27 Jun 2005, 20:24

He sure does moves but he's a playmaker like Ronaldinho or Zidane. In my opinion he's underrated. When I ask people they don't even know him.
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

frizzyan
Veteran Member

Post by frizzyan » 27 Jun 2005, 20:26

Well I'm just saying that he hasn't performed that exceptionally well so he should really move to a bigger club to prove critics wrong.

barcelona was a nightmare for him so he should really move.

Maradona
Veteran Member

Post by Maradona » 27 Jun 2005, 20:31

He isn't leaving Villareal for sure, he already accepted a 4 year deal with the club and why would he leave if they're qualified for the next Champions League. Without him or D.Forlan the club coudln't have done it.

Ronaldinho10

Post by Ronaldinho10 » 27 Jun 2005, 20:33

frizzyan wrote:I am sorry but I just think Riquelme is a little bit overrated because for me, he does way too many tricks and is not effective enough in his role as an attacker.

He's definitely good though no doubt about that and he's had a great season with Villareal. But I tend to find that after people who have watched his skill videos, they may overrate him.

But then, I love watching Riquelme's tricks they are wonderful. He has to move to a bigger club than Villareal if he wants more recognition after failing with Barca.
Where do you get his skills videos? Would love to see them :D
Without doubt.
Credit AC _Milan>* for the sig.

thegame
New User

Post by thegame » 28 Jun 2005, 17:02

In my opinion if Argentina or Villareal have a chance to win the world cup or reach deep in the champions league, Riquelme will be the one thing they both need respectively. if he can do better next season with a small club or argentina in my views he should be considered one of the world's best

R9
New User

Post by R9 » 28 Jun 2005, 17:22

I like this player alot.. for me hes the argentina version for ronaldinho altough r10 is better.

and he does look like maradona lol :E

HJK

Post by HJK » 06 Jul 2005, 22:51

Ronaldinho10 wrote: Where do you get his skills videos? Would love to see them :D
http://www.soccerclips.net/compilations ... arent=&id=

heres one, its called Riquelme in Germany,
no tricks but its one of my favorite videos b/c some of his passes are absolutley amazing