Player Vs. Player

Discuss and compare your favorite players
Fehmi
Sophomore Member

Post by Fehmi » 28 Mar 2006, 14:58

cruyff is better and when talking abt him, u must compare him to pele and maradona.he is a pure and creative attacker and omf

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 30 Mar 2006, 02:21

martins vs. tevez
Hala Galacticos

owensglory

Post by owensglory » 30 Mar 2006, 07:01

both of them have stamina and technique.but matins has more pace and better experience in playing for big club.tevez must play for big club in europe to make him has more ecperience in playing big matches,such as champions league.if there is one thing martins is worse than tevez,it has to be he play for nigeria.i dont think martins will ever lift world cup,or even play in world cup.playing for argentina,tevez has better chance to show his talent in international matches.overall,martins is slightly better.

vicenzo montella vs vicenzo iaquinta

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 01 Apr 2006, 05:24

i have to go with iaquinta. montella has been playing better lately, but it's just good form really. montella has had more success in the past in his career, but iaquinta is the better overall player as of right now.

cassano vs. fernando torres
Hala Galacticos

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 03 Apr 2006, 22:05

Torres, he is a better team player and is a better player overall...

Cisse v Eto'o
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 » 04 Apr 2006, 00:50

Eto'o, no question. He is a much more consistant and better finisher, and he is so much smarter with the ball. That is why Liverpool want to get rid of their strike force and acquire one who can finish, while Barca wouldn't dream of offloading Eto'o.

Eboue vs. Lauren

God damn brewery!!!

owensglory

Post by owensglory » 04 Apr 2006, 02:15

Lauren.Eboue has good performances currently is just because Arsenal's opponent recently are just too weak.yes,his performance against JUve recently is superb.but his opponent at right side is Mutu,who is not a pure left winger.when he play against Nedved,he won't perform well.Mainly,it's because he doesnt have experience in playing big matches.Lauren has played many seasons with arsenal and will become first choice right full back again when his injury recovers.

Cisse vs saha

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 05 Apr 2006, 00:05

saha. cisse is probably more powerful, and arguably faster, but saha can finish and plays smart. saha is just a better striker, it's hard to explain. it's like he just knows what he's doing more than cisse.

dida vs. coupet
Hala Galacticos

mikaldinho

Post by mikaldinho » 10 Apr 2006, 14:07

dida because of his shot-stopping when nhe is on form. although coupet is more reliable...

roberto carlos or ashley cole :?: :?: :?:

owensglory

Post by owensglory » 10 Apr 2006, 14:30

roberto carlos .because he is braver,stronger,'fiercer',he can defence beter than cole,because he has more strengh.his long shot is even the best in the world,i think.cole looks more weaker ,he cant use his body to block players.he played as striker when his is younger,so now he prefers attacking and always go upfront to assist his teammates..but as a full back,defense is the main job .but now,since carlos is 33 already,it seems like cole will be a better left back than carlos in 1 or 2 years,or maybe better than him in this summer world cup.but for now,carlos is still better.

messi vs fabregas

matt
EF Forum Legend

Post by matt » 10 Apr 2006, 18:58

They are completely different players, but I will go for Fabregas. Messi is part of a very strong Barcelona attack, whereas Fabregas is the key in a depleted Arsenal midfield. And he is only 18 and has totally outplayed Emerson, Vieira and the Real Madrid midfield. Definetly Fabregas.

Gary Neville versus Del Horno
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

mikaldinho

Post by mikaldinho » 11 Apr 2006, 11:29

gary neville because of his shear heart and determination, although del horno probably has better ability.

john terry vs. carlos puyol

matt
EF Forum Legend

Post by matt » 11 Apr 2006, 14:01

Puyol. As a captian and leader it would be Terry, but as a defender I would rather have Puyol. Terry seems to be all about throwing himself in front of anything, which is fine, but Puyol is much better at the technical aspects of defending.

Cannavaro versus Costacurta
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 12 Apr 2006, 00:05

no matter what anyone says, cannavaro is one of the best in the world i think. costacurta is an integral part of milan's defense, and he plays well for them, but cannavaro is more irreplacable, and is stronger. so i pick cannavaro.

taylor twellman vs. darren bent
Hala Galacticos

hustler89
Veteran Member

Post by hustler89 » 14 Apr 2006, 12:05

costacurta is an integral part of milan's defense, and he plays well for them,
You've got to be joking cf. :lol: Did you see how he played aginst Lyon last Champions League match!
The guy is almost 40! But I do respect the fact that he is looked up upon by the young players in Milan. (Not that there are too many of them :!: )