Player Vs. Player

Discuss and compare your favorite players
cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 27 Feb 2006, 02:20

edmilson, one of brasil's finest players overall in the last several years. a pretty good defender as well. and who can argue with that bicycle kick vs. costa rica?

robinho vs. cassano
Hala Galacticos

Maradona
Veteran Member

Post by Maradona » 28 Feb 2006, 00:34

Robinho is a pure striker, he has pace, dribbling skills and he has a good aim whereas Cassano possesses the same traits but he isn't as effective as Robinho when he plays forward. I think Cassano gained weight lately, didn't you guys notice that or is it just me? Reminds me of Ronaldo.

Halil Altintop vs Lukas Podolski

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 28 Feb 2006, 01:34

podolski has so much potential, i go with him. altintop is good, but i think podolski will be a big name in the international game by 2010. he's just an excellent attacker all around.

zurawski vs. hartson
Hala Galacticos

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 02 Mar 2006, 19:06

Zurawski, big force for Poland, and he scored like 5 goals in a 8-0 win... for Celtic

Prso v Lovenkrands
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 02 Mar 2006, 20:38

prso. the only area lovenkrands is better in is probably speed and crossing. prso was huge for monaco a couple years ago in champions league, and although he's declined a little bit, he still plays really well at rangers.

rooney vs. gilardino
Hala Galacticos

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 03 Mar 2006, 03:17

Rooney since he does everything, Gilardino is a better score though...

Tim Cahill vs Kevin Nolan
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

matt
EF Forum Legend

Post by matt » 03 Mar 2006, 18:02

Cahill, he is far classier and more creative. Nolan strikes me as a 'hit-and-hope' type player.

Scott Parker versus Micheal Carrick
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 03 Mar 2006, 20:30

scott parker. he's working wonders for newcastle, it was a very good move for him and the club both. i'd even go so far to say he's one of the best defensive midfielders in england at the moment.

hamman vs. gravesen
Hala Galacticos

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 04 Mar 2006, 04:20

Graveson bvecause he is a better passer..

I disagree with Parker v Carrick, Carrick plays for England and is the best passer in England if not the world....

Donovan v Berbatov
FORÇA BARÇA!

Max
New User

Post by Max » 04 Mar 2006, 14:05

Heh let me join the fun :lol:
Its difficult for me to compare cause i didnt seen much of Donovan but I think Berbatov-he simply scores more and he plays more importand role in his national team.
Robinho VS F.Torres

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 04 Mar 2006, 15:45

FCBarcelona wrote:I disagree with Parker v Carrick, Carrick plays for England and is the best passer in England if not the world....
well i have to admit, i haven't seen carrick play a lot. i know scott parker has been very good though, so i just picked him. i should watch more videos i guess

anyway, back on topic, i pick robinho. he's making an immediate impact at madrid, and he's already scoring great goals. he's one of those rare players that is amazing to watch, but at the same time does his job very well. it's close though, torres is very good too.

eto'o vs. ronaldo (assuming they're both healthy and on form)
Hala Galacticos

matt
EF Forum Legend

Post by matt » 04 Mar 2006, 19:03

Eto'o. If they were both 'on form' then there wouldnt be much between them, but Eto'o is much more consistent these days and is scoring goals for fun. Ronaldo is being dropped at Madrid I believe, although I don't really know why.

Van Bommel versus Van der Vaart
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

Max
New User

Post by Max » 04 Mar 2006, 21:54

Van der Vaart is my choise. Awesome control of the ball,dribbling and so on makes him better.
Bastian Scweinsteiger VS Cesc Fabregas

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 » 05 Mar 2006, 01:14

Cesc Fabregas is apparently being subject to a 22 million euro bid from Real. That's more than Juventus bought Vieira for. That plus the fact that he is 18 and has the vision and passing of a 27 year old makes him the favorite here. If he keeps progressing at this rate, he will be one of the greats of his generation, if not of all time. Could he be the next Zidane? Only time will tell, but based on his debut for Spain and his play against Real, you've got to like his odds.

Ian Wright vs. Ruud van Nistelrooy

God damn brewery!!!

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 05 Mar 2006, 02:00

Nistelrooy since he is a great scorer in this age, I feel Wrights generation had less defense...

Borowski (Werder) v Seedorf (Milan)
FORÇA BARÇA!