Player Vs. Player

Discuss and compare your favorite players
ImpossibleIsNothing6

Post by ImpossibleIsNothing6 » 21 Jul 2010, 06:43

panchester07 wrote:N'gog, faster and more deadly, younger, stronger, and impacts the game when he comes in significantly, plays in a much higher level league, scores more, no brainer really, .....

Iniesta vs Sneijder
Domestically N'Gog does play in a higher level. But Landon' did alot in the word cup for the states, on the most prestigious stage of all. N'Gog is a great super sub though, I hate that he dives.

To answer the Iniesta/Sneijder contest: Iniesta, does everything alot better IMO, and has more flare, although sneijder get's the job done. But my vote: Iniesta.

ImpossibleIsNothing6

Post by ImpossibleIsNothing6 » 23 Jul 2010, 08:40

Ronaldo De Lima (90's form) vs Ronaldinho (Barca form)

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 23 Jul 2010, 19:03

Pre Injury Ronaldo was, literally, a phenomenon. Very good comparison.

To me, very few things beat Ronaldinho at Barca, but that is completely because I was a massive Ronaldinho fan and supported Barcelona because of how good he was and how much I enjoyed watching him live.

For me, just because of how magical he was, Ronaldinho was better.

Lineker V Shearer.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 23 Jul 2010, 20:10

N'gog, faster and more deadly, younger, stronger, and impacts the game when he comes in significantly, plays in a much higher level league, scores more, no brainer really, .....
This is the reply I expected and I'm not disagreeing with it since its personal opinion but you should consider Donovan was at Everton, played 10 league games, scored 2, got 3 assist, Everton finished 8; Ngog played 24 league games, scored 5, no assist, Liverpool finished 7. So really they played at the same level and got similar results. Only thing keeping Landon in the US is that he's MLS's home grown posterboy and they've made it clear they'll do everything they can to make sure he stays.

Shearer.

Lets get some Ballack vs Deco (both on current form)

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 23 Jul 2010, 21:32

2brown347 wrote:
N'gog, faster and more deadly, younger, stronger, and impacts the game when he comes in significantly, plays in a much higher level league, scores more, no brainer really, .....
This is the reply I expected and I'm not disagreeing with it since its personal opinion but you should consider Donovan was at Everton, played 10 league games, scored 2, got 3 assist, Everton finished 8; Ngog played 24 league games, scored 5, no assist, Liverpool finished 7. So really they played at the same level and got similar results. Only thing keeping Landon in the US is that he's MLS's home grown posterboy and they've made it clear they'll do everything they can to make sure he stays.
Yeah i know all that.. Still N'gog is better ..

Ballack is a bit better than Deco currently. He scores more and assists more, though they both aren't in their favorite positions and in a team which suits best their style or the other way around. Ballack has more quality and is smarter by a bit. Deco is really good still.

Klc, you reckon Ronaldinho's magic is as good as scoring 47 goals per league in your early 20's? Dinho was the best in his time, but Ronaldo was out of this wolrd good and imo better foward than ronaldinho attacking midfielder.

Milito vs Higuian
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

amu86

Post by amu86 » 23 Jul 2010, 22:19

higuan, he is better at finishing and hes taller. but militoe sure does a good job

dani alves vs maicon

mr_dude

Post by mr_dude » 24 Jul 2010, 03:29

higuan, he is better at finishing and hes taller. but militoe sure does a good job
I know this is all opinions, but the way I see it the only advantages Higuain has is speed by a bit, and his arial ability. Milito combines finesse with ruthlessness when he has the ball, and he's brilliant at assisting as well as scoring (first Milan Derby of '09/10 as well as the home leg of the semis against Barcelona are great examples of his assists). Higuain can get to that level, but he still has a bit to go. Again, my opinion.
dani alves vs maicon
They're equally effective when attacking, but Maicon actually knows how to defend. Alves is too agressive and makes basic mistakes, Maicon was part of the best defence of the past season.

Suarez vs. Zarate
"A match isn't lost until after it's over." Me
"The greatest glory in life lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Nelson Mandella

ImpossibleIsNothing6

Post by ImpossibleIsNothing6 » 24 Jul 2010, 08:32

hmm, sorry can't answer the above one confidentally, I havn't seen Mauro Zarate play for a while now.

For Dani Alves and Maicon, I have to say Maicon in the sense of defending like already mentioned. Dani Alves IMO would fit better into a wingback system. But it's unlikely Barca', and even Brasil for that matter would play 5 at the back. Dani Alves comes foreard ALOT, he plays more like a wide midfielder at times.

Another Ronny' one:
Ronaldinho Baca' form vs Zinedine Zidane (Real Madrid form ofcause).

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 24 Jul 2010, 11:17

Although Zizou was always world class, ronaldinho in barcelona was jaw droppingly awesome.

Schweinstiger vs Cambiasso

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 24 Jul 2010, 12:59

Panch.

Ronaldo, a great goal scorer.

Ronaldinho, a scorer of great goals.

Magic and how good you are do not have anything to do with each other. Ronaldo was the better player, but Ronaldinho was the most entertaining ever for me, pure genius. That is real magic.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 24 Jul 2010, 14:37

I don't know, R9 scored some pretty magical and fantastic goals imo...

Ronaldinho was more creative.. Ronaldo didn't need as much creativity, as with speed and touch he could beat everybody(Not saying dinho isn't a world class dribbler either)...

One toe poke vs Chelsea, a few bycicle kicks, passes without looking, pretty goals, thats all nice....

But R9, sh*t, goals beating 3-4 people. Goals feinting the keeper and him falling over, stepping on the ball and beating 3 people, nut megging the last one and getting fouled, multiple goals receiving the ball in the midfield, and running with it into the small box and finishing... He also has that magic, that creativity, that X factor, the one when most players wouldn't know what to do and he'd do something extraordinary.

Different, one was magical, the other phenomenal, both different extraordinary players with extraordinary skiills. Maybe I just think its harder and nicer looking to beat 4 + the keeper many times per season, than to do a little freestyle on the match.. R9 scored few goals where he just shot and scored, (tap-ins)and he scored 300+ goals in the best leagues of europe.

Opinions anyhow. Not trying to change yours, just saying a few things about who I think was the best most espectacular striker of all times.

I like Cambiasso more by the way, more solid, more safe, more constant, does show up in big matches...

Alessandro Del Piero vs Gian Franco Zola
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

mr_dude

Post by mr_dude » 24 Jul 2010, 17:09

It's hard to compare them. Exactly what other people have said, Ronaldinho was a magician, Ronaldo was just incredible. Ronaldo had (an still has) lethal finishing, he was obnoxiously fast, and he effortlessly dribbled past the defence. Ronaldinho was a dancer with ball control. They're both incredible in that, even now with all their magic gone, they still do their jobs. Ronaldo managed to change the type of player he is after losing his speed, and he still scores goals whenever he touches the ball. Ronaldinho led Serie A in assists, ahead of fantastic playmakers like Sneijder and Pizzaro.

Cambiasso vs. Schweinsteiger, using the same logic as Mascherano vs. Alonso from a few posts back:
Mascherano/Alonso, two totally different players, but in general a team would need Mascherano as a holding midfielder before needing Alonso as a deep lying playmaker.
ADP vs. Zola
I'd give it to Del Piero. Zola was famous mostly for his free kicks, which Del Piero is brilliant at. Del Piero has won almost every competition there is, and he has played key roles in those wins. The guy displaced Baggio at Juventus, that's he good he used to be.

Emiliano Viviano vs. David De Gea
"The greatest glory in life lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Nelson Mandella

mr_dude

Post by mr_dude » 15 Aug 2010, 22:16

What, people are scared of comparing goalies?
More strikers then? Okay,
Batistuta vs. Vieri

Ps. a double post seemed necessary, I usually edit though.

gascoigne67

Post by gascoigne67 » 16 Aug 2010, 06:12

Batistuta.

Prolific goalscorer. More loyal than Vieri.

Michael Owen vs Robbie Fowler

amu86

Post by amu86 » 20 Aug 2010, 14:02

robbie fowler scored goals in almost any possible way. heads, volleys, free kicks, long range goals 1 on 1s one of liverpools best players ever.

micheal owen scored many beautiful goals but not as many ways that fowler did.

my vote fowler