Player Vs. Player

Discuss and compare your favorite players
a_twig

Post by a_twig » 23 Mar 2010, 21:36

Evan, I think we can safely say that Drogba is a more consistent striker than Higuain after the Real Madrid knockout from Lyon.

Damien Duff vs. Steven Hunt

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 23 Mar 2010, 22:10

Evan, I think we can safely say that Drogba is a more consistent striker than Higuain after the Real Madrid knockout from Lyon.

I think we can safely say that you just answered a comparison made about 5 posts ago, that has already been answered.

The whole idea is to answer the LAST post, in this case, my asking who is better between Pablo and Mata. Care to answer the question then? :roll:

Btw perhaps since you somehow missed the last post you also missed where I said Drogba is better?
Drogba is a more consistent striker than Higuain after the Real Madrid knockout from Lyon
LOL! What an absurdly stupid logic.

Higuain: 72.5 minutes between goals
Drogba: 100.6 minutes between goals

Higuain: 58 shots, 20 goals
Drogba: 138 shots, 22 goals

Tbh I do think Drogba is better, but more consistent? No, just no. Try using a logic with some backbone next time.
Last edited by Evan on 23 Mar 2010, 22:30, edited 2 times in total.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 23 Mar 2010, 22:22

a_twig wrote:Evan, I think we can safely say that Drogba is a more consistent striker than Higuain after the Real Madrid knockout from Lyon.

Whatever does that have to do with who is better than who? I'm not saying either is better, but what does a team being eliminated have to do with comparing two strikers?

And by the way, Drogba's team also got eliminated, so does that mean that Millito is better than Drogba because he isn't knocked out?
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

mr_dude

Post by mr_dude » 24 Mar 2010, 00:40

And by the way, Drogba's team also got eliminated, so does that mean that Millito is better than Drogba because he isn't knocked out?
I'm hugely biased, but IMO Milito is better, or at least on par. Not because Milito is still in the Champs league, but,
While Drogba is better in the air, stronger, and has better long shots; Milito is a better passer, at least as good a finisher, and can make enough space for himself to shoot unbelievably quickly.
Anyway, just treated that as a comparison. I guess I'll have to put up a comparison.
Juan Vargas vs. Aleksandar Kolarov vs. Aly Sissokho vs. Taiwo (don't know his first name)
"A match isn't lost until after it's over." Me
"The greatest glory in life lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Nelson Mandella

bsc
Veteran Member

Post by bsc » 24 Mar 2010, 02:56

Eh we should get this thread back on topic.
I'd pick Sissokho. I like watching him play.

Nani vs Nasri.
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 24 Mar 2010, 16:54

Nani.. Better game/goal ratio, more assists. Personally like his style better, and an awesome dribbler. A lot of United's good form lately is thanks to him.. He fights for everyball like its the last one, and is beating men and trying to assist Rooney all the time.. HE causes a lot of troubles for defenses and ends up directly or indirectly participating in most goals..

Torres vs Rooney (today)

Have in to account that torres has 16 goals in 20 matches
and rooney has 26 goals in 29 matches
In the Champions Ronney has 4 goals in 5 matches
and Torres has 0 goals in 4 matches.

Have in mind that Torres has like 3-4 in the UEFA League, but remember its the Uefa league :)

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 25 Mar 2010, 04:23

Thats a difficult one. I would say Rooney. Not only does he match torres on the finishing level, he beats him when it comes to touch and ball control. Also, he runs around like a tireless bulldog.

Samir Nasri vs Pedro........both play on the wings, both are 22

Anymi
Veteran Member

Post by Anymi » 14 Apr 2010, 05:38

shahensha wrote:Thats a difficult one. I would say Rooney. Not only does he match torres on the finishing level, he beats him when it comes to touch and ball control. Also, he runs around like a tireless bulldog.

Samir Nasri vs Pedro........both play on the wings, both are 22
Samir Nasri, this season he has been on fire. I really think over this crazy season he is Arsenals most consistent, bar Song.

Some of the things he has done are absolutely brilliant. Scores at good times too.

Vinnie Jones vs Joey Barton

KoNJa04
Veteran Member

Post by KoNJa04 » 15 Apr 2010, 12:38

VINNY JONES

"IN THE HOLE"
simple as that

Torres vs. Ibra

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07

casar22
Veteran Member

Post by casar22 » 15 Apr 2010, 14:06

KoNJa04 wrote:VINNY JONES

"IN THE HOLE"
simple as that

Torres vs. Ibra
Torres. I think he's a better finisher and if it wasn't because of the amount of injuries he's had recently IMO he would be up there with Rooney...

Pablo Hernandez vs Reyes

Bienvenido Cristiano Ronaldo!

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 15 Apr 2010, 14:12

Reyes...

Bit more experienced, and a bit more dangerous (attacking threat), than Pablo, but if he continues, Pablo will be a star in the near future imo... Damn it spain has so much players...

now that we are talking spain..
Cesc vs Xabi alonso

casar22
Veteran Member

Post by casar22 » 15 Apr 2010, 14:32

Two of my favorite players... I say Alonso. Both of them have great vision, passing and creativity but Alonso is more experienced. There's no doubt that Cesc will eventually become much better than him.

Azpilicueta vs Arbeloa

Bienvenido Cristiano Ronaldo!

fawad000

Post by fawad000 » 27 May 2010, 18:56

I would pick Arbeloa because I have not seen the first guy yet but heard that he has great potential.Another reason for picking Arbeloa is that he managed to fit in the left back position and performed admirably well despite the fact that he is right footed.

Nilmar vs Gignac

mr_dude

Post by mr_dude » 27 May 2010, 19:37

Based on this season, Nilmar by far, but I like Gignac better. Actually, they're about equal. Nilmar is fast, skillful, and can be a playmaker, Gignac is a mobile striker who can finish.
Gourcuff vs. Hamsik
"A match isn't lost until after it's over." Me
"The greatest glory in life lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Nelson Mandella

Juice

Post by Juice » 06 Jun 2010, 20:06

I guess that Gourcuff maybe is a bit better passer, and has a better ability of doing something with the first touch. A bit more creative to. On the other hand Hamsik is a couple of years younger. Still I think that Hamsik's composure is better...

Agbonlahor vs Pedro

The most important key to success is self-confidence.
The most important key to self-confidence is preparation.