Player Vs. Player

Discuss and compare your favorite players
soccerjj

I say kaka slightly atm as he is more direct and faster. Although ronny in his prime was better (and currently his form is improving while kaka's is dipping.)

Vidic vs Terry

panchester07
Veteran Member

Defensively I would Risk It and say vidic.. He is a damn wall.. But when Man U has the ball, he is crap and has the touch of a horse.. Defensively Vidic wins by a bit, but offensively terry wins significantly... Plus he has leadership and the heart factor... So terry.

Ibrahimovic vs Anelka
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

I'd say Ibrahimovic, simply because Anelka's moddiness annoys me a bit... Plus, Ibrahimovic's backheel goal was just awesome :D

Iker Cassilas vs Buffon
Don't wish things were easier...

... Wish you were better

Focus on the journey, and the result will take care of itself

shahensha
Veteran Member

Based on the outcome of the penalty shootouts when both their respective national teams squared off in the Euro 08, Casillas wins.

Pedro vs Pablo Hernandez

panchester07
Veteran Member

Pedro more consistent more goal scorer.. Pablo when he scores he scores good ones, but more often you see pedro scoring assisting and particpating in goal scoring plays.. I like how Pablo plays more though, with style, amazing touch and precision, and Del Bosque preferred him over Pedro..... Still Im gonna stay with Pedro by a little bit just because he scores when Barcelona needs him....

Sergio Canales vs Bojan Krkić

klc123
Veteran Member

Someone else can do that one because ive never watched sergio canales closely enough to analysis him, but what i will say is that i think Bojan has the makings of a fantastic player when hes older.

He reminds me very much of how Messi was when he first started playing for Barcelona, skillful quick, maybe a little bit inconsistant but you expect that with inexperience.

I think he is to be one of the future "big players".

panchester07
Veteran Member

type in Sergio Canales in youtube, youll see 5-6 goals hes scored this season.. Not just goals, he beats two and scores... He chips the keeper, the man does it all..

Madrid flirted with him, he is considered to be Spains Next "supertalent".. Like many others, but he has serious class.. Oh hes 18 only.. Johan Cruyff publicly told him, "stay in racing untill your atleast 23" (supposedly so he doesnt wreck himself)

amu86

yaya toure vs ireland

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

*EDIT ive totally missed the Toure Ireland one my bad but its too late. Tough cookies!

Excellent match up. One of the closest ones ever that can easily be argued either way, maybe even more so than Ronaldo Messi.

Ive been a close follower of Krkic since he was 15 and to be completely honest he has actually dissapointed so far. Maybe as others say it is excusable due to inexperiece and I simply expect too much but I know he could be GREAT.

Canales on the other hand has just burst onto the scene since the change of management at Racing, his biggest challenge is to consistantly pull off the magic he is capable of dong on a football pitch. His future is more up in the air than Krkic's in my opinion, he could easily fade away as quickly as he's emerged, Krkic on the other hand has the making of a legend despite the time it may take him to get there.

Krkic is my winner.

Anyone care to choose between the Dos Santos brothers based on current ability?

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Difficult to compare really. The elder one is a forward, the younger one is a central midfielder. From playing styles, Gio was hyped up to be the next ronaldinho and Johnathon looks like the next xavi. So far from what I have seen, JDS has a better distance shot and is a much better team player.

As a fellow central midfielder, I am going to say with absolute bias that John is better. Ofcourse I am hoping he doesnt turn out to be an arrogant prick like his brother and stay with the club. Doesnt seem like he will leave though.

Granero vs Guti

Evan
Veteran Member

That's an extremely hard one tbh. Guti on his day has the perfect playmaking ability for Madrid's squad, but he's not always consistent.

I've been very impressed with Granero, he has been very consistent tbh and he always plays a part of the team.

Drogba vs. Higuain
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

mr_dude

I know you want me to say Higuain, but I have to give this one to Drogba. They've both been on fire, Higuain is a great finisher, smart on and off the ball, good passer as well, but Drogba has also shown those qualities as well as strength and free kicks. Higuain's still young though.
Luis Suarez (Uruguayan Ajax one, not the old Spanish legend) vs. Antonio Cassano
"A match isn't lost until after it's over." Me
"The greatest glory in life lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Nelson Mandella

Evan
Veteran Member

I know you want me to say Higuain, but I have to give this one to Drogba. They've both been on fire, Higuain is a great finisher, smart on and off the ball, good passer as well, but Drogba has also shown those qualities as well as strength and free kicks. Higuain's still young though.
Luis Suarez (Uruguayan Ajax one, not the old Spanish legend) vs. Antonio Cassano
Haha no I'd say Drogba too, he's top 3 for me in the world. Villa and Rooney are also top 3.

Cassano for me, he is doing very well in the Serie A and he is underrated IMO.

Navas vs Capel
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Navas. He has been in terrific form for Sevilla. His blistering pace and control make him such a menace on the wing. Capel is good too but he relies completely on his left foot. Regardless, Navas just makes speed dribbling and skipping past players look too easy.

Lampard vs David Silva

Evan
Veteran Member

For me Silva. I"ve never been a big fan of Lampard's, he is a great CM but for me Silva is great. He can play on the wing or in the middle, and he is a bit underrated.

To continue the discussion on Spanish wingers:

Pablo Hernandez vs. Juan Mata