Player Vs. Player

Discuss and compare your favorite players
cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

owen now, tevez in a few years. owen is arguably the fastest striker in the world, and he has great finishing. tevez will make it big within 3 years, but right now it's not too close. and on a side note, i'm sorry you feel that way about the best midfielder in england. :D just saying that to mess around, no need to get mad. i do think lampard deserves a little more credit than you're giving him, but i'll save that for another time.

anelka vs. wanchope
Hala Galacticos

matt
EF Forum Legend

anelka comfortably. he is quick, a good finisher, reliable goalscorer. both make an impact at their clubs but anelka is a far classier player. he is the sort of striker that will garuntee you 20 goals a season, whatever club he plays for.

ibrahimovic vs raul
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

Ivan
Veteran Member

matt wrote:anelka comfortably. he is quick, a good finisher, reliable goalscorer. both make an impact at their clubs but anelka is a far classier player. he is the sort of striker that will garuntee you 20 goals a season, whatever club he plays for.

ibrahimovic vs raul
:evil: :evil: lol

:lol:

i wold have to say ibrahimovic he is more skilled

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

that was a really good one, but i'm going with raul. he's easily the better player, but ibrahimovic is in MUCH better form right now. i guess what i mean is NOW - Ibrahimovic, CAREER - Raul. who can argue with leading all time scorer for spain?

makelele v. vieira
Hala Galacticos

matt
EF Forum Legend

ivan i deleted your pst cos it was crap and pointless, why post something that says 'i dont know' how irritating

as for makelele vs vieira, i would go with vieira cos he is more all-rounded. they are both excellent defensive midfielders but i think vieira is a better attacker as well. plus he has a better physique for that kind of midfielder.

raul vs morientes

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

geez, where do you think of these?! i'm going with raul, because he's more all around. not by much though. raul can come back for a ball in the midfield, while morientes usually needs to be fed with a good through pass. that's not to say he's not a great striker, as he's far better in the air, and very good with finishing as well. they're close, but raul is better by a little bit.

gilardino vs. fernando torres
Hala Galacticos

R9KEvinR9
Veteran Member

good one i will take gilardino but not by much .... Gallardo from River vs Palacios from Boca .

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

gallardo. i haven't seen much from either of them, but he's quicker and more skillful.

vieri vs. rooney
Hala Galacticos

matt
EF Forum Legend

rooney. again he is a better all-round player for that position. vieri is an established striker, very good in the air and reliable goalscorer. but rooney is more creative, quicker, stronger, and a better shot. plus he is younger which means he has more time to improve.

vieri vs f. inzaghi

Jackson1986

i am going with vieri.he's a strong striker.few backfielder can stop him.also he has a good control over the ball.and inzaghi is a very creative striker.he has a good feeling before the goal.

Buffon vs Iker Casillas

my webpage

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

casillas definitely. he's younger and less prone to injury. he can stop penalties as good as anyone, and he's good in pressure situations.

solskjaer vs. cassano
Hala Galacticos

matt
EF Forum Legend

we really are running out of ideas aren't we.....i really like ole gunnar solskjaer, he is still one of the best finishers in the premiership. i would love to see him back on the pitch after so long injured, but with the number of attackers currently at united he would struggle to get a place. antonio cassano is excellent, he is young and playing for a team like roma will only improve him further. so im going to go with......solskjaer. 'who put the ball in the german's net.......'

tevez vs messi

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

yeah, i'm definitely running out of ideas. what happened to the old "player vs player" thread? i had some decent ones in there.

i'm going with tevez. he's a better dribbler, and he can really change a game (when he gets to play that is). messi will be just as good soon, but he's still developing.

eto'o vs weah
Hala Galacticos

matt
EF Forum Legend

um...weah doesnt play anymore...and even if he does i havent seen him in ages.....so i'll go with eto'o.....i never saw much of weah anyway. eto'o is the complete striker. quick, brave, agile, cool finisher, good in the air, creative and a good team player.

messi vs rooney

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

i know weah hasn't played for a while, i was just trying something new, putting an old player against a younger one. rooney is by far the better player. messi is still very much in development, although he's getting very good. rooney has been very good for 2 years, and he's only 20. i can't say i like him much, but he's one of the best strikers in epl right now.

raul vs. kezman
Hala Galacticos