Player Vs. Player

Discuss and compare your favorite players
Milano
New User

Simao or Quaresma???

E10youngRonaldinho

Queresma

Theo Wlacott vs Ashley Cole
“God gives gifts to everyone, ... Some can write, some can dance. He gave me the skill to play football and I am making the most of it.”

[please use a sig no larger than 500x300]

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Ignore this post.

Whoops, sorry about forgetting my matchup. I had a rough night last night. :)

powell
English Meister

gnarlyjim wrote:Ignore this post.

i dont think you can compare these two players much, too very different players. Anyway on defense i would go with cole and in attack i would go with walcott :) .

Oh and gnarly care to tell me more about your nite. Party's ? or just sleep ?

Riise vs A.Cole

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

powell wrote:
gnarlyjim wrote:Ignore this post.

i dont think you can compare these two players much, too very different players. Anyway on defense i would go with cole and in attack i would go with walcott :) .

Oh and gnarly care to tell me more about your nite. Party's ? or just sleep ?

Riise vs A.Cole
Yeah, I'll talk to about it on msn or something.

Anyway, I'll take Riise. I like how he can play LM and LB. He has one hell of a shot too!

Rivaldo vs. Rui Costa

soccer11
Admin

gnarlyjim wrote:
soccer11 wrote:dennis bergkamp. i don't think everyone realizes just how good he was. in my opinion, we are talking about a top 10 striker in the history of the game, maybe even top 5, depending who you ask.

cisse vs. pudolski
Bergkamp is the second or third best Dutch player of all time. Only people ahead of him are Cryuff and maybe van Basten?
yeah i agree with that but i said top 10 maybe top 5 strikers all time. i can probably name at least 5 strikers who i think are better than bergkamp. and just for the record, i rate bergkamp number 2 all-time dutch players just behing cryuff.

anyways back to the game

rivaldo. as i've stated before, i think rivaldo is one of the most underrated players ever. he's really forgotten for whatever reason, maybe ronaldo but i don't know for sure.

shearer vs. romario (primes)

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

soccer11 wrote:
gnarlyjim wrote:
soccer11 wrote:dennis bergkamp. i don't think everyone realizes just how good he was. in my opinion, we are talking about a top 10 striker in the history of the game, maybe even top 5, depending who you ask.

cisse vs. pudolski
Bergkamp is the second or third best Dutch player of all time. Only people ahead of him are Cryuff and maybe van Basten?
yeah i agree with that but i said top 10 maybe top 5 strikers all time. i can probably name at least 5 strikers who i think are better than bergkamp. and just for the record, i rate bergkamp number 2 all-time dutch players just behing cryuff.

shearer vs. romario (primes)
Oh okay, I get what you mean.

I'll take Romario. He was the man. He is entertaining. Both have great milestones. I think Shearer is the all time leading scorer in the Premiership, and Romario recently scored his 1,000 goal.

soccer11
Admin

you forgot a match up again...wow you're on a roll lately haha

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Since gnarlyjim forgot to post a matchup I will take the liberty to post one.

Malouda vs Ribery

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Wow, when I made my post earlier asking Demsey vs Beasley at first I had chosen Malouda vs Ribery, and then I decided to change it. Guess we think on the same wave length :wink:

Anyway... I would choose Ribery. I think he is more inventive and creative and is very good at slipping people in with clever passes. It's a very tough call though.

Ashley Cole vs Gael Clichy
(at the moment)

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Clichy is faster, just as good of a tackler, and about as good going forward. Plus he's not a c**t.

Nemanja Vidic vs. Sol Campbell (prime)
God damn brewery!!!

Milano
New User

Sol Cambell without a shadow of a doubt. In his prime he had way more strength and overall fitness than Vidic. Vidic is also a rough tackler who gives away alot of fouls so Sol Cambell.

Heres one that gets thrown around alot: Gerrard or Lampard?

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Milano wrote:Gerrard or Lampard?
Hahaha. :lol: :lol:

Wait, are you being serious?? :wink:

Sorry for being an ass. Anyway, Gerrard for sure. He does everything better than Lampard does when it comes to playing ability, PLUS, he is an incredible leader and possibly the best captain at the moment.

Crouch vs. Adebayor.

KPatel

Are we talking about dancing skills?

Crouch, he actually scores as a striker.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Someone please post a matchup for KPatel. I can't think of a decent one.