Player Vs. Player

Discuss and compare your favorite players
dooglas
Veteran Member

Player Vs. Player

Post by dooglas » 22 Jun 2005, 19:43

this thread was accidentally deleted so im starting it up again, it got to page 27 so it was pretty popular.

Just remember to keep things civil. :)

Crespo Vs. Tevez
Last edited by dooglas on 05 Jul 2005, 19:25, edited 1 time in total.
Wow, he just megged three people, maradonas around the last defender, and missed the shot, then not five minutes later a guy on the other team shoots when he gets the ball and scores...

who would you rather be?

f.C_Valencia

Post by f.C_Valencia » 23 Jun 2005, 16:41

crespo for sure :)

zola vs figo

matt
EF Forum Legend

Post by matt » 23 Jun 2005, 17:06

zola.

he is/was a fanastic player who always played with a smile on his face and with such flair and skill. arguably the premiership's best foreign player ever. no dount abramovich would hav payed a fortune to have him in the current chelski squad. my favourite goal of his was when sum1 took a short corner and he ran in at the near post and flicked it in (if u've seen it u will know which one i mean).

luis figo is still a terrific player, but zola made more of an impact on me than he did.

kaka vs totti
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

Ronaldinho10

Post by Ronaldinho10 » 23 Jun 2005, 19:09

Kaka - he will be one of the greatest in another 1 or 2 years - just watch the pass in the Champions league final that set up Milan's third (Crespo's second) goal - it was a stroke of genius - he is also incredibly skilful attacking playmaker playing in a league where defenses are hard to break down but he still mansges it.
Totti is also a very good player but I just think Kaka edges it.

Ronaldo vs. Adriano
Without doubt.
Credit AC _Milan>* for the sig.

Gmore

Post by Gmore » 23 Jun 2005, 20:34

Ronaldo. He is still the most feared striker in the world. He only has a couple more years, though. After the next World Cup, Adriano will most likely be the one leading the Brazilian attack.

Freddy Adu or Fred (the Brazilian striker)
GK – ?
RB – Fir _nev (if he chooses to return from retirement)
CB – jcdenton
LB – Sfspitfire23
RM – goldboots7
CM – dooglas
CM – robben12
LM – Rosario
AM – Gmore
CF – *yung-ital*
CF – Magicfeet

matt
EF Forum Legend

Post by matt » 23 Jun 2005, 20:38

adriano by a mile.

he is the complete striker, arguably the best there is. apparently inter want £90 million for him and i think that wd be getting him cheap. he has got it all - pace, strength, incredible shooting, terrific dribbling, good in the air, creative.... ronaldo is still a great player and 3 years ago he would hav won this one but adriano is soooo good now.

govou or essien?

Ronaldinho10

Post by Ronaldinho10 » 23 Jun 2005, 20:48

Adriano has everything apart from one thing that Ronaldo has - Adriano can only use his left foot - Ronaldo scores with both - this is the only difference I can see as they are both breathtaking players :D
Without doubt.
Credit AC _Milan>* for the sig.

Maradona
Veteran Member

Post by Maradona » 24 Jun 2005, 01:50

matt wrote:govou or essien?
Essien, he's a pure right midfield. Flair, pace, control he got it all.

Gilardino vs Forlan
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

matt
EF Forum Legend

Post by matt » 24 Jun 2005, 17:24

gilardinho.

italy's wayne rooney has had a great season and has the potential to do better than del piero, inzaghi and vieiri ever did. considering the quality of the defences he has played against his goal tally is outstanding. forlan has also done well but i think gilardinho's age also givs him the edge.

eto'o vs adriano

footballlover5
New User

Post by footballlover5 » 24 Jun 2005, 18:46

Ronaldo. He is still the most feared striker in the world.
You have to be kinding me. Have you ever seen Thierry Henry play. he is the best striker in the world it is no comparison.

jdefoe
Forum groupie

Post by jdefoe » 24 Jun 2005, 19:36

footballlover5 wrote:
Ronaldo. He is still the most feared striker in the world.
You have to be kinding me. Have you ever seen Thierry Henry play. he is the best striker in the world it is no comparison.
I'd have to agree with that statement...he can shoot, dribble, pass, and make excellent runs...the main things that strikers do

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Post by jcdenton » 24 Jun 2005, 20:17

adriano is definitely the most complete attacker in the world
and he can jump MUCH higher than henry, MMMUUUCCCHHH stronger, much more powerful....
well, not maybe faster, but better with ball skills...

interesting fact is that adriano can jump higher than alan iverson :D adriano can jump over 50 cm from standing normaly....

shevchenko vs henry ?

f.C_Valencia

Post by f.C_Valencia » 24 Jun 2005, 21:31

henry, even though shevchenko is real good, i think herny is better in ball control and experience wise.

zidane vs raul

HJK

Post by HJK » 25 Jun 2005, 01:46

jcdenton wrote:adriano is definitely the most complete attacker in the world
and he can jump MUCH higher than henry, MMMUUUCCCHHH stronger, much more powerful....
well, not maybe faster, but better with ball skills...

interesting fact is that adriano can jump higher than alan iverson :D adriano can jump over 50 cm from standing normaly....
Yea but Henry can finish, when was the last time Adriano scored 40 goals in a seaosn?

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 25 Jun 2005, 02:00

when was the last time adriano played in the premiership? it's a different league, so you can't compare them accurately
Hala Galacticos