Cristiano Ronaldo

Discuss and compare your favorite players
deadwrong
New User

People used to complain that Cristiano Ronaldo would dribble too much with no end product, and now he's scoring too much and he's sh*t at dribbling? I don't understand. Also, since when is scoring an assload of goals a bad thing? By that logic Alan Shearer and Michael Owen would be "bad" players since they just score a lot of goals. I know I'm comparing a winger to forwards, but you kind of get where I'm coming from?

2brown347
Veteran Member

deadwrong wrote:People used to complain that Cristiano Ronaldo would dribble too much with no end product, and now he's scoring too much and he's sh*t at dribbling? I don't understand. Also, since when is scoring an assload of goals a bad thing? By that logic Alan Shearer and Michael Owen would be "bad" players since they just score a lot of goals. I know I'm comparing a winger to forwards, but you kind of get where I'm coming from?
No one is saying that he is a bad play, they are saying he isn't the best.

and his dribbling is a lot of fancy tricks, but a couple defenders get around him where he can't use those tricks it's noticeable that he isn't really a great dribbler

and once again lets face it he's more of a forward then a winger despite what they flash to you before the game.

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member

If you cut all of his tricks out of his games you can see that he is very pacy with the ball, and he is indeed a very good dribbler. To me the only arguably better dribbler is Messi.

The difference between him and a forward is that he starts deeper than forwards, and instead of making his break through the back line, he usually makes it through the midfield, to spring an attack, and get the ball into their final third. He does his duty as a winger but he also puts himself into scoring positions when his team is attacking.

2brown347
Veteran Member

this is a little off topic but I find it extremely ironic that sir alex says weekend and week out that "he wants protection for star players like cr7'' Then he lets his defenders knock torres around so much that rafa subbed him out just to "protect him" and is now sending him to get checked out.

I have to say I think my dislike for fergie is greater then my dislike for cr7 :?

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

I think he if he didnt have such a crap cocky additude he would be much more respected......because ultimatley we have to see that he is a very talented footballer.
sig by 2brown347

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Ronaldo is the best player for Man U right now but he is not the classiest. Paul Scholes is the classiest player, he is proof that you can be a world class player and not have to be arrogant/cocky but modest. He is a legend and my favorite player on Man U and really the only player I like on the team, actually I also like Giggs.

nextlevel66
Veteran Member

honestly if all the players were classy like scholesy the game would be rather boring wouldnt it. i love scholes ithink he's one of the best to play the game, but certain personalities is what makes a player them. Scholes classy, Ronaldo arrogant and cocky, Rooney hot headed, vidic babyeater( me and my friends joke around that vidic is baby eater because of how like solid and intimidating he is)lionel messi fearless. PLayers have different personalities and it affects their game onthe pitch even though scholes does throw in some bad tackles
My dream is to go pro and nothing or anyone will get in the way.

messi19
Veteran Member

Ronaldo is world class! if he stopped diving and being cocky he would be better!

2brown347
Veteran Member

nextlevel66 wrote:honestly if all the players were classy like scholesy the game would be rather boring wouldnt it. i love scholes ithink he's one of the best to play the game, but certain personalities is what makes a player them. Scholes classy, Ronaldo arrogant and cocky, Rooney hot headed, vidic babyeater( me and my friends joke around that vidic is baby eater because of how like solid and intimidating he is)lionel messi fearless. PLayers have different personalities and it affects their game onthe pitch even though scholes does throw in some bad tackles
I have to agree that vidic is intimidating, but he struggles a lot with fast forwards, I've seen a few games this season where he is beaten over and over again by quick forwards, the rest of the defense always picks up the slack, but I'd say he's the weak link in their defense. I don't watch them often, but the few games I've seen he's struggled against fast players.

Hugh
Veteran Member

nextlevel66 wrote:honestly if all the players were classy like scholesy the game would be rather boring wouldnt it. i love scholes ithink he's one of the best to play the game, but certain personalities is what makes a player them. Scholes classy, Ronaldo arrogant and cocky, Rooney hot headed, vidic babyeater( me and my friends joke around that vidic is baby eater because of how like solid and intimidating he is)lionel messi fearless. PLayers have different personalities and it affects their game onthe pitch even though scholes does throw in some bad tackles
Totally agree with that, the game needs characters like ronaldo, but it doesn't need them to dive, it just needs them so they can have battles with the Vinnie Joneses of the team where they'll get knocked about and the hard man gets fooled with a good trick. The way the game is running now though we can't get any hard men because of diving, which kinda sucks. Oh for a vinnie jones or terry butcher...

And yeah, I have noticed that Ronaldo sucks at shooting when the ball is moving laterally.... it's really weird because everyone else who plays the game is great at it, and then ronaldo is shank city...

shahensha
Veteran Member

he is the type of midfielder who fits in perfectly with the 4-3-3 formation. On the wings, his speed is killer.

Everyone is going nuts over cronaldo because he is getting results. He made a huge impact on man united's comfortable run in the premier league and champs league. He is doing what he is paid to.The fans wont really give a sh*t what kind of player he is as long as he score goals and bring in positive results.

A midfielder with a finishing quality. Most shots in the league. Ridiculous.

d_wade3

2brown347 wrote:
deadwrong wrote:People used to complain that Cristiano Ronaldo would dribble too much with no end product, and now he's scoring too much and he's sh*t at dribbling? I don't understand. Also, since when is scoring an assload of goals a bad thing? By that logic Alan Shearer and Michael Owen would be "bad" players since they just score a lot of goals. I know I'm comparing a winger to forwards, but you kind of get where I'm coming from?
No one is saying that he is a bad play, they are saying he isn't the best.

and his dribbling is a lot of fancy tricks, but a couple defenders get around him where he can't use those tricks it's noticeable that he isn't really a great dribbler

and once again lets face it he's more of a forward then a winger despite what they flash to you before the game.
are you kidding me? he isn't a great dribbler? :shock: maybe you've never watched him play?

2brown347
Veteran Member

This is what I mean
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ysap1a_ztY

when he gets into a position (usually when he's stopped and can't run at defenders) where he can't use his moves he either dives, or just loses the ball.

more evidence that he's a b!t(h
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7zB6o6nHXQ

and a nice cr7 toy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5njTOhS ... re=related

y experts say he's not great
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W02DTJbc ... re=related

nextlevel66
Veteran Member

2brown347 wrote:This is what I mean
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ysap1a_ztY

when he gets into a position (usually when he's stopped and can't run at defenders) where he can't use his moves he either dives, or just loses the ball.

more evidence that he's a b!t(h
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7zB6o6nHXQ

and a nice cr7 toy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5njTOhS ... re=related

edit: also i want to see what those sold called experts have to say about him today. all your info that your getting is abotu ronaldo from last year, so we can't really use it in this topic as when i started it i was talking about ronaldo of the present not the past. nice try thjough, you can try again
y experts say he's not great
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W02DTJbc ... re=related
the italy he game he slipped its clearly obvious he didnt protest to the ref for a foul your just on the anti-ronaldo bandwagon. the compilation of him apparently diving, more than half of them are fouls where theres contact being made and the others of him from previous years. this is this year mate. we're not talking about how good ronaldo was last yuear or two years ago we're talking about the ronaldo of today so wake up and smell the coffee ronaldo is a good player so get over yourself. the more people try to point all his flaws just shows that he's an amzing player as people always for something to point out in someones imperfection. (someone said this earlier and i dont remember who)
My dream is to go pro and nothing or anyone will get in the way.

Francis8
Veteran Member

when you get bitched at for pointless stuff, thats when you know ur good, cause they can't bitch about anything else.
The testicles of a "right whale" weigh 1100 lbs each....... :o