Cristiano Ronaldo

Discuss and compare your favorite players
soccer11
Admin

powell wrote:He's an alright player
well he's better than just an "alright player" don't you think?

powell
English Meister

No sorry not im my books but that just my opion. I mean i think there are alot more better players out there.

soccer11
Admin

that might be but you have to admit, his current form has been amazing. very few match up to what he's done lately.

powell
English Meister

Yeh he does have alot of goals this season and has played good for the last few games but i think its best to judge form on performance not goal. I will say his last game against bolton went well but before that games hes seemed way to quite (performance wise,not goal) to be brilliant.

2brown347
Veteran Member

soccer11 wrote:that might be but you have to admit, his current form has been amazing. very few match up to what he's done lately.
There is more to being a great soccer player then scoring goals, I personally don't even think he's the best at Man U. IMO

soccer11
Admin

2brown347 wrote:
soccer11 wrote:that might be but you have to admit, his current form has been amazing. very few match up to what he's done lately.
There is more to being a great soccer player then scoring goals, I personally don't even think he's the best at Man U. IMO
yea i know that but it's a part of it. last year, scholes was having a great season, even though he didn't score goals. if he would've notched a bunch of goals, he would've been talked about as potentially being the best midfielder in the EPL (which he was anyways) ronaldo has come through for united when they needed him, that's why i think he's in good form.
i'm just curious though, who do you rate as being the best at man u? i have an idea but just wanted to see what you thought

powell
English Meister

yeh please do say rooney. He is a bag of sh*t now. I think he has just had a burn out to be honest.

Well for my i'd say edwin van der sar as potentially one becuase he is very consistant in goal. But i dont think my opion will class since im a scoucer anywayz.

soccer11
Admin

the thing i see wrong with rooney is that he's had so many injuries not that he needs some time to actually rest. watch him to be back better than never next season, especially since england won't be going to the euro championships

Francis8
Veteran Member

The testicles of a "right whale" weigh 1100 lbs each....... :o

powell
English Meister

maybe but i sitll think it was wrong how his career started .... at 16 and at 17 playing long periods of the most itence league in the world. Thats why i think he has had a burn out but i guess we'll see in the near future though.

soccer11
Admin

either that or you're mad that he's played for liverpools two biggest rivals :D i'm just messing. when rooney's good, he's good, and as a Manu U fan, i'm hoping he'll get back to his previous form

2brown347
Veteran Member

soccer11 wrote:
2brown347 wrote:
yea i know that but it's a part of it. last year, scholes was having a great season, even though he didn't score goals. if he would've notched a bunch of goals, he would've been talked about as potentially being the best midfielder in the EPL (which he was anyways) ronaldo has come through for united when they needed him, that's why i think he's in good form.
i'm just curious though, who do you rate as being the best at man u? i have an idea but just wanted to see what you thought
I don't watch man u much but from what I've seen

Tevez-11 goals this season ( and him and Rooney do work good together.)

Scholes- I think he helps the team more on the field.

Ans Yes I do think rooney is better then cr7! (but not the best at man u, and I hope he leaves)

and a little fun fact from espn.com cr7 has had 157 shots, which proves that he plays more of a forward role then a mid.

and rooney looks like 40

Francis8
Veteran Member

I think the reason that Rooney is burned out is because he might be doing things like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UDP3qNi ... re=related

on a serious note, nani is showing more potential than ronaldo because has anyone noticed that ronaldo has no decent shots when on the run but nani can score from distance?

EDIT: seriously, ronaldo has NO shot when runnind sideways, either he buries into the ground or bombs it over, maybe one from 10 will go in.
Last edited by Francis8 on 24 Mar 2008, 20:11, edited 2 times in total.

soccer11
Admin

scholes has been really good. when he and hargreaves play together it's a good center mid partnership. i think Man U should use scholes more and get the offense to go through him more.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Francis8 wrote:

on a serious note, nani is showing more potential than ronaldo because has anyone noticed that ronaldo has no decent shots when on the run but nani can can score from distance?
It's good to see that someone else has noticed that, I've tried to point that out but people can't look past cr7