Cobi Jones

Discuss and compare your favorite players
calikid

Post by calikid » 15 Nov 2007, 01:43

Cobie is a true quality player and i have seen him play numerous times (i live no more than 40 minutes from the home depot stadium) and its gonna be a big loss for us galaxy fans to lose the one player that has stuck with us since 1994 and he is pretty good and fast for his age to. Will beckham be taking his place in mid...if he ever plays :D

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 » 18 Nov 2007, 19:13

calikid wrote:Cobie is a true quality player and i have seen him play numerous times (i live no more than 40 minutes from the home depot stadium) and its gonna be a big loss for us galaxy fans to lose the one player that has stuck with us since 1994 and he is pretty good and fast for his age to. Will beckham be taking his place in mid...if he ever plays :D
thats so cool, you live 40 minutes away, that would be crazy to live that close

TH14
Veteran Member

Post by TH14 » 19 Nov 2007, 02:58

Cobi is definitely the kind of player and person you want representing football in America. He was a class act and it seems like he's been playing forever. It's sad to see him go. I remember as a kid falling in love with him after playing Backyard Soccer for PC. It's just too bad he doesn't get the attention he deserves.
Credit to keller8

"Arsenal will always be in my heart, my blood, my head." - Thierry Henry

BGbeast23
Veteran Member

Post by BGbeast23 » 19 Nov 2007, 03:03

TH14 wrote:I remember as a kid falling in love with him after playing Backyard Soccer for PC. It's just too bad he doesn't get the attention he deserves.
Oh sh*t! I didn't know anybody else used to play that game. :shock: I used to play it all the time and I was the sh*t at it. That's where I first heard of Cobi Jones as well. That just really amazed me that anyone else used to play that game as a child.

TH14
Veteran Member

Post by TH14 » 20 Nov 2007, 00:56

BGbeast23 wrote:
TH14 wrote:I remember as a kid falling in love with him after playing Backyard Soccer for PC. It's just too bad he doesn't get the attention he deserves.
Oh sh*t! I didn't know anybody else used to play that game. :shock: I used to play it all the time and I was the sh*t at it. That's where I first heard of Cobi Jones as well. That just really amazed me that anyone else used to play that game as a child.
Haha yeah man I played all of the Backyard Sports game. Backyard Baseball and Backyard Football were also great games. Those were some of the best games I have ever played. I haven't played them in probably 6 years or something but I bet if I played one today I would still love those games haha. But yeah that's how I first discovered Cobi and started to be a fan of his, believe it or not lol.
Credit to keller8

"Arsenal will always be in my heart, my blood, my head." - Thierry Henry